#46 HovelinHove

HovelinHove

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Couldn't agree more.

I don't hate England and I don't hate the Engish. When I wa growing up I dreamed of living in a village or small town, raising a family, going on holiday a couple of times ayear etc. Gone...no ******ing chance, even for someone earning a decent salary. If I sound bitter it's because my dream of living in my own country and having a reasonable lifestyle were robbed from me by successive greedy government pandering to corporations and banks...flooding the country with too many people (not their fault...HM gov's fault). But I'm not bitter, if anything I'm grateful as it drove me to look overseas and now that I've left, I can see just how much greener the grass really is, and if they started giving away country cottages in Sussex, I still wouldn't go back. :)

#47 TheBlueCat

TheBlueCat

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,507 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Or how about Cabbage Town or the Annex.

When were you last in either? I know Cabbagetown used to be a crap-hole in the 70s, but it's pretty up market these days (as is the Annex). E.g. http://goo.gl/maps/vDRk

#48 Captain Cavey

Captain Cavey

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Are we at the tipping point – see Canadian House Price Charts?

Vancouver’s drop of 9.1% (a “loss” of $97,300 !!!!!) in May is as spectacular as the rise in the preceding months, although this sharp increase has been put down to lucky flippers finding the last few fools.

Lets see if the speculators now start rushing for the exits.

Posted Image

Edited by Captain Cavey, 11 June 2012 - 08:58 AM.

Choice is an illusion, created between those with power, and those without

#49 TheBlueCat

TheBlueCat

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,507 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

The Vancouver drop is interesting. I speculate that it's strongly linked to the economic slow down in China given that the Canadian economy seems to be fairly stable at the moment.

#50 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,574 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Canada v US

Posted Image

http://www.doctorhou...n-housing-debt/

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users