Photo
- - - - -

Are More People Giving Unexpired Car Park Tickets To Strangers?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 winkie

winkie

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,413 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

You also have to remember there are many people that work in the local communities voluntary, they give their time for free, they work in all areas and provide much help giving what they can, trying to give something back to society......they still need to travel to get to where help is needed and they still have to park the car, big society, big society if it suits..... :blink:
What you don't owe won't worry you.

Less can be more.

#17 Bossybabe

Bossybabe

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

I've also done it, picked up the habit when people would give their tickets to my parents so I've just carried it on.

You aren't conning the council as you say, the space has been paid for my you or I previously so why not give it someone else?

Pass the love on I say. :)

Or you could just use ALL the time you'd paid for.
QUOTES:

• "This is going to hurt you much more than it will hurt me." - Bossybabe
  • "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.
  • "This fellow is wise enough to play the fool, and to do that well craves a kind of wit. He must observe their mood on whom he jests, The quality of persons, and the time" VIOLA, Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare
  • "Oh, when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd! She was a vixen when she went to school. And though she be but little, she is fierce." - HELENA, A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare

#18 MrPin

MrPin

Mild Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,701 posts
  • About Me:Fount of wisdom, and pinnacle of taste!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Or you could just use ALL the time you'd paid for.

Ha ha! You could always use that attitude with toll roads, by driving very slowly, so you get the most time for your money! ;)
Ignorance can be cured! Stupidity cannot!

#19 Bossybabe

Bossybabe

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Ha ha! You could always use that attitude with toll roads, by driving very slowly, so you get the most time for your money! ;)

:)
QUOTES:

• "This is going to hurt you much more than it will hurt me." - Bossybabe
  • "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.
  • "This fellow is wise enough to play the fool, and to do that well craves a kind of wit. He must observe their mood on whom he jests, The quality of persons, and the time" VIOLA, Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare
  • "Oh, when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd! She was a vixen when she went to school. And though she be but little, she is fierce." - HELENA, A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare

#20 Self Employed Youth

Self Employed Youth

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

I do it with bus tickets, if nobody in sight I sometimes stick them to the bus stop.
Have I not reason to lament what man has mas made of man?

Initially 'Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Formerly Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Unemployed Again Youth'
Hopefully soon to be 'Employed Again Youth' and not long after that I'll be eligible for working tax credits, if not I'll at least get adult rate dole and maybe car insurance will be potentially affordable!

#21 gilf

gilf

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

They should do.......one car park I know of makes you type in your car registration to get a ticket so that you can't give the unused time away...... :angry:

Unfortunately that doesn't work so well these days, one of the good things about the number plate switch over.

Somebody gave me their unexpired ticket on Saturday, saved me 50p. He can't have used more than 10 minutes and I only used a further 10 as clearly we were both just popping in to a shop for a few minutes, but sadly there was nobody to pass it on to.

They had the London Mayor candidate for the Green Party on TV last night going on about saving the high street. Finding somewhere and paying to park is for me the No. 1 reason people no longer bother and go out of town. Especially here over in the East and South East of London as you have two massive shopping centres in Bluewater and Lakeside with tons of free parking.

We hardly ever go to Bromley these days, it's about the same distance but the fact you have to pay and it's a pain to park it becomes a no brainer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users