It's like it's written by someone on here! :ph34r:

#3 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,771 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

I like that they have a separate section called Right Minds. Is that as opposed to the rest of their content?

#4 Shaneyson

Shaneyson

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

It is definitely not the first of April?
This guy has an interesting number of articles which could well be thread titles on here.

Is this Greek rescue the biggest scam in history, or Ponzi finance 101?

The banks fiddle... and you lose

Why the Greek 'rescue deal' is neither a rescue nor a deal

How not to mend a chimney: The ECB's 'big fix' is just a bodge job

The UK's best way out of debt is to slash the 50p tax and punish the guilty

Sir Mervyn King predicts inflation will fall to 1.7% before the end of the year. I bet him one ounce of gold that it doesn't

VIEWPOINT: Rewarding the boss's failure? That is a joke

TWITTER JOIN & FOLLOW EACH OTHER
MY TWITTER FEED

#5 wonderpup

wonderpup

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Maybe the mail is trying to inoculate it's readers from reality using the vaccination method- a small controlled exposure every now and then to build up resistance combined with large doses of 'House price joy for millions as prices recover' headlines.

Long after the market has crashed daily mail readers will still be living in half a million pound semi's that nobody seems to want to buy from them.

#6 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,984 posts
  • About Me:Vote LABOURTORY. You have no choice!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

What an excellent article. Someone is destined for an unscheduled hill walking holiday.

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" ~ David Korten

“To think output and income can be raised by increasing the quantity of money, is like trying to get fat by buying a larger belt” ~ John Maynard Keynes 

#7 SleepyHead

SleepyHead

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Wow. One person has broke cover from the UKs mass delusion.

Excellent. Posted Image

#8 Charlie The Tramp Returns

Charlie The Tramp Returns

EU Troll Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • About Me:Originally joined the Forum on 30 October 2003

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Prices are high because money is still being pumped relentlessly into the economy by the Bank of England.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1r6eX8icI

I was not aware ISTBC that this money went into the housing market for easily obtainable mortgages but was invested in the Financial Markets by the money sharks to make more obscene profits. ;)
I have been studying the European Economic Community which became the European Community and finally becoming the European Union since the 1st January 1973. As each year passed the stench of corruption, financial recklessness, and Dictatorship has got totally out of control.

In an interview,( on holiday in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Davos ) the Liberal Democrat leader was asked whether he was in charge while the Prime Minister was away from Britain travelling in the Middle East. Sipping from a mug marked “Deputy Prime Minister,” he said: “Yeah, I suppose I am. I forgot about that.( Proves what a total berk he is )

Cameron must learn the basic rule in politics and life ( Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion ) and Miliband with no direct British Lineage should dig a hole and disappear down it.

Is Nicholarse Elcleggski ( 25% British ) insane? Who, in their right mind would willingly appease the French and Germans?

In our Country today THE TRUTH MUST NEVER BE SPOKEN, I will leave you all with your very bleak future as I will be gone.

The Lib/Dems who over the years have supported the demise of the moral and accepted standards we were all brought up to respect. The party who would lead us the way of the Ancient Greek and Roman Empires. We can Add David Cameron and Ed Miliband as Leaders of their parties who are heading for the buffers

#9 swissy_fit

swissy_fit

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Great article, wrong conclusion.
The banks have won, they have their people in power.
They'll clamour for more money and they'll get it.
If you want to know what the next political move will be, ask yourself what will suit the banks, and behold, the answer will come to you.

The Credit Crunch :
The logical financial outcome is deflation. The logical political outcome is inflation. (Thanks to Injin 21st Sept 2008)

#10 Bes

Bes

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Excellent stuff.

I have noticed a massive turn-around in the last few weeks... I think everyone is expecting falls now. I was even reading a rather bearish article in The Economist about European house prices this morning- let's hope it all turns out to be true!

#11 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,905 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2124941/UK-house-prices-Market-heading-crash.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I just found this jewel...

Are you Mitch - the Daily Mail writer? :lol:

Well spotted. Incredibly bearish for the Mail. Wonder if it is in the paper and how prominent it is today/tomorrow.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#12 inflating

inflating

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Are you Mitch - the Daily Mail writer? :lol:

Well spotted. Incredibly bearish for the Mail. Wonder if it is in the paper and how prominent it is today/tomorrow.

Looks to me like it's some sort of online blog section, not in the printed version, unfortunately.

#13 Uncas

Uncas

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

excellent first post - welcome to the site

Thanks. I've been a long term forum reader but just couldn't resist posting this article. I knew it will be well appreciated here :)

#14 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,905 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Looks to me like it's some sort of online blog section, not in the printed version, unfortunately.

Just checked some of the other stories and they have appeared in the paper. Really want this on the front page - but I suppose the Mail is like a slow turning oil tanker.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#15 timebandit

timebandit

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Thank you OP
Mitch Feierstein

Mitch Feierstein knows the financial industry inside out. For the past 30 years, he consistently created opportunity and value where others have failed to look. He is a highly successful hedge-fund manager and CEO of the Glacier Environmental Fund Limited. Prior to Glacier he was Senior Portfolio Manager of the Cheyne Carbon Fund, part of one of the largest and best-respected hedge-fund groups operating in Europe. He has acted as a consultant for a number of governments in their disaster and contingency planning. He divides his time between London and New York.

Or you could follow on Twitter

PlanetPonzi a blog that loves accountability, transparency and truth. Planet Ponzi is now available. Join the Movement! London, UK

Twitter account Join and follow each other

Home Buyers' Strike- Join the group

http://www.facebook....104936389547036

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users