• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 The Planet

The Planet

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • About Me:I'm an independent freelance who writes the blog Planet Property.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Thought all you Floyd heads out there might like to know that the band's old recording studio on Brittannia Row is on the market - it's where the recorded Animals and parts of The Wall.

Posted Image

More below!

#2 juvenal

juvenal

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Does David Gilmour still have the floating recording studio on the Thames?

http://en.wikipedia....ecording_studio)

The boat was originally built for Fred Karno, the Victorian showman.

Edited by juvenal, 05 April 2012 - 11:57 AM.

'And while I live, no fool or noble knave
Shall walk this world, in credit, to his grave..'

'The pension system has been a very nice gravy train for all of those involved except for those paying into it.'

'Let's see if we can get it for the asking price..' Kirstie Allsop

"Be under no illusion. You will not escape the net..." S'rAlan Sugar

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls...

The House of Lords: 'The Ermine Vermin....'

#3 Venger

Venger

HPC Great Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

The old Highgate house they used to live in, as lodgers, is going to auction for £1.2 million.

They say it's untouched from the 1960s, and it looks that way too, from the BBC video.

The landlord's other house, probably his main home, right next door, is also going to auction for £1.2 million.

Looks like he just kept the house he used to rent to Pink Floyd standing empty for decades. What an absolute waster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-19638640

#4 Venger

Venger

HPC Great Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

Urghh.

Both homes sold for £1.2 million, to one buyer.

The buyer? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19666068

That totally ties in with yesterday's thread in the main forum. (Only 19% Of Central London Property Purchasers Are British)

#5 Joan of The Tower

Joan of The Tower

HPC Shoeboxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Urghh.

Both homes sold for £1.2 million, to one buyer.

The buyer? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19666068

That totally ties in with yesterday's thread in the main forum. (Only 19% Of Central London Property Purchasers Are British)

Was interested as to why there was rather a decent photo of the buyer, as it doen't look as though it was taken at an auction. I suspect they are quite high profile in certain circles. Looks like Ms Iswaran is a director of this company:

http://www.cdrex.com...ted-509903.html

AMANPREET SANDHU - Director
SHIVAN ISWARAN - Secretary

Looking at the director's surname, this is of interest:

SANDHU: BITTER SON TRIED TO POKE OUT FRIEND'S EYE WOOLWICH, SOUTH EAST LONDON A grieving son was so bitter about his share of his father's will that he tried to push a family friend's eye out, a court heard. Sukhwant Sandhu, 25, rammed his thumbs into Shivan Iswaran’s eye until it bled.

http://www.courtnews...s=2&name=lunged

The dangers of being a flipper, eh?

Look out Dave, you will soon be handing the keys back mate.

The knimbies who say "No" demand..... a sacrifice!
Arthur: Knimbies of No, we are but simple hardworking families who seek affordable housing on the scrubland beyond these woods.
Knimbies of No: No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!
Bedevere: Please stop opposing our reasonable demands!
Knimby of No: We shall say "No" to you... if you do not appease us.
Arthur: Well what is it you want?
Knimby of No: We will allow you to build your precious high density shoeboxes, so long as you do not move so much as....

(pregnant pause)

A SHRUBBERY!!!!

#6 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

Look at the BBC article again. They've changed her name to Sham Masterman.

#7 Joan of The Tower

Joan of The Tower

HPC Shoeboxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

How odd.

Someone of that name is in the contacts here:

http://interletinter...om/about_us.asp

Edited by cheeznbreed, 22 September 2012 - 07:06 AM.

Arthur: Knimbies of No, we are but simple hardworking families who seek affordable housing on the scrubland beyond these woods.
Knimby of No: We will allow you to build your precious high density shoeboxes, so long as you do not move so much as....

(pregnant pause)

A SHRUBBERY!!!!

#8 Venger

Venger

HPC Great Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Was confused with your research and results there cheeznbreed, for a while. Now I understand it if the buyer's name has been changed in the original article?

. Posted Image

37 and 39 Stanhope Gardens which will be auctioned on September 20. Three members of Pink Floyd lived in number 39.

There seems to be more than one Stanhope Gardens in London, but it's this postcode: N6 5TT.

They have what I consider to be a property disadvantage with many steps to the front door, and obviously at least one of the houses is neglected and unmoderinsed. Going off the fact they both sold for £1.2 million pounds each, probably neither was modernised.

There's this house on the same road, up for sale, but no steps and modernised. Maybe the buyer of the auction houses looked at the asking price of that, and other similar homes, and thought these represented value. Not sold yet though. Perhaps even affected by the fact other houses on the road, and in nearby areas, are popping up at auction, available for considerably less? Undermining both private seller's postion with their asking price, as well as buyer of 'bargain' auction homes which may only appear value against over-valued houses on private market. Confusing. IYKWIM.

http://www.rightmove...y-38600798.html

#9 Venger

Venger

HPC Great Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Another up for sale on the same road.
http://www.rightmove...y-33217612.html

It's looking increasingly like the seller; the estate or executors, was smart. Get rid quick. £1.2 million each unmodernised. Someone thinks bargain compared to other houses on the road for sale, which are sliding in asking price, not yet sold.

#10 Joan of The Tower

Joan of The Tower

HPC Shoeboxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Was confused with your research and results there cheeznbreed, for a while. Now I understand it if the buyer's name has been changed in the original article?

There seems to be more than one Stanhope Gardens in London, but it's this postcode: N6 5TT.

They have what I consider to be a property disadvantage with many steps to the front door, and obviously at least one of the houses is neglected and unmoderinsed. Going off the fact they both sold for £1.2 million pounds each, probably neither was modernised.

There's this house on the same road, up for sale, but no steps and modernised. Maybe the buyer of the auction houses looked at the asking price of that, and other similar homes, and thought these represented value. Not sold yet though. Perhaps even affected by the fact other houses on the road, and in nearby areas, are popping up at auction, available for considerably less? Undermining both private seller's postion with their asking price, as well as buyer of 'bargain' auction homes which may only appear value against over-valued houses on private market. Confusing. IYKWIM.

http://www.rightmove...y-38600798.html

Yes that's correct. The original BBC article listed the buyer's name (with the same celeb-type photo) as Shivan Iswaran.

As you say, looks like she(whoever she is) paid too much.

(pregnant pause)

A SHRUBBERY!!!!

#11 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

How odd.

Someone of that name is in the contacts here:

http://interletinter...om/about_us.asp

Maybe Sham Masterman is the assumed name she uses for her life as a Property Guru, a la Michael Green?

#12 Venger

Venger

HPC Great Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

Maybe Sham Masterman is the assumed name she uses for her life as a Property Guru, a la Michael Green?

Joking aside I guess that's probably the truth of it. I notice on a letting website, presumably which she owns and runs, it's Sham Masterman (LLB Hons).

Those two houses I linked to on the same road, are next-door neighbours. Each semi-detached joined house. I've not got a good eye for what makes good modernisation or furnishings, but I can't split the houses in terms of looks or condition, yet £125,000 (edit £175,000) difference in asking price. A lot of money, or extra mortgage debt for any buyer considering the more expensive one. The cheaper one even has a useful little shed at bottom of garden, although no pics of the kitchen. I like seeing neighbours trying to sell in competition with one another.

Edited by Venger, 23 September 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#13 Joan of The Tower

Joan of The Tower

HPC Shoeboxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Joking aside I guess that's probably the truth of it. I notice on a letting website, presumably which she owns and runs, it's Sham Masterman (LLB Hons).

Those two houses I linked to on the same road, are next-door neighbours. Each semi-detached joined house. I've not got a good eye for what makes good modernisation or furnishings, but I can't split the houses in terms of looks or condition, yet £125,000 (edit £175,000) difference in asking price. A lot of money, or extra mortgage debt for any buyer considering the more expensive one. The cheaper one even has a useful little shed at bottom of garden, although no pics of the kitchen. I like seeing neighbours trying to sell in competition with one another.

Good spot, I wonder whether close neighbours both selling helps or hinders price discovery. We don;t know the relationship between them, but you could imagine a situation where they are quite close and have a good idea of each other's finances, and their aspirations for the sale proceeds, which might make one party reticent to cut and asking price. That said, these two seem to have plenty of leeway.

The RHS semi is 32 Stanhope Gardens, N6 5TS, last sold 10th Jan 2003 for £935,000.
LHS is number 30, no previous sale details listed. Other similar places sold for sums under £700k in 1999, which demonstrates the power of HPI in the early part of the century.

(pregnant pause)

A SHRUBBERY!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users