Photo
- - - - -

The People Of Ireland Are Waking Up: Legal Initiative Against Unconstitutional Bankster Debts

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 The Eagle

The Eagle

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

After Iceland, Ireland is finally waking up too (UK still appears sound asleep).

Legal action is being taken against the unconstitutional bailouts of Irish banks that transferred private bankster debts onto the taxpayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=086U_Kb01Os

On Tuesday 27th March Ben Gilroy, John Squires and 'People for Economic Justice' served a summons on the Irish government to answer charges of illegal activity over the bank bailout.

The bailout is illegal under Bunreacht Na hEireann, the Irish Constitution. It is also illegal under international law. An injunction was applied for to prevent the payment of a €3.1 billion euro Anglo bond due to be paid this Saturday 31st March 2012.

The judge has given two weeks for the State to respond.

Please support Ben and John and People for Economic Justice in any way you can. The economic situation in Ireland has been caused by illegal activity. Those responsible must be held responsible, and the payments must be stopped. Fine Gael were elected on the promise of stopping this madness but have not done so.

http://ItsNotOurDebt.com

See also:
Constitution halts sheriff: youtube.com/watch?v=PpUjl4LvQM8
What happened next: youtube.com/watch?v=odX-oTdjIeI
Constitution in the video - http://www.eire2016..../irish-text.pdf
http://www.peoplefor...omicjustice.com

Edited by awake_eagle, 04 April 2012 - 03:06 AM.

Owe no man anything but to love one another.
[Romans 13:8]
>>Thrive: What On Earth Will It Take? << - Must see movie! (click to watch on youtube)
Description from IMDB ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2063834/ ):
"An unconventional documentary that lifts the veil on what's really going on in our world by following the money upstream - uncovering the global consolidation of power in nearly every aspect of our lives. Weaving together breakthroughs in science, consciousness and activism, THRIVE offers real solutions, empowering us with unprecedented and bold strategies for reclaiming our lives and our future."

#2 Mikhail Liebenstein

Mikhail Liebenstein

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,133 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

After Iceland, Ireland is finally waking up too (UK still appears sound asleep).

Legal action is being taken against the unconstitutional bailouts of Irish banks that transferred private bankster debts onto the taxpayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=086U_Kb01Os

http://ItsNotOurDebt.com

See also:
Constitution halts sheriff: youtube.com/watch?v=PpUjl4LvQM8
What happened next: youtube.com/watch?v=odX-oTdjIeI
Constitution in the video - http://www.eire2016..../irish-text.pdf
http://www.peoplefor...omicjustice.com

We need this in the UK!

#3 okaycuckoo

okaycuckoo

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

The president could have referred the bailout bill to the supreme court before signing it - I guess she didn't because there's nothing that could be done about it.

#4 scrappycocco

scrappycocco

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

oh god please please someone with some balls do this in the uk.......was there even full disclosure with our bailout, something was fishy about it anyway i think.....

#5 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,969 posts
  • About Me:Vote LABOURTORY. You have no choice!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

oh god please please someone with some balls do this in the uk.......was there even full disclosure with our bailout, something was fishy about it anyway i think.....

No one likes an enforced hill walking holiday.

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" ~ David Korten

“To think output and income can be raised by increasing the quantity of money, is like trying to get fat by buying a larger belt” ~ John Maynard Keynes 

#6 GloomMonger

GloomMonger

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • About Me:Waiting for the capitulation

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Move along, nothing to see here! My link

Court dismisses case to stop Government paying bank debts

THE HIGH Court has dismissed an application for an injunction preventing Taoiseach Enda Kenny and Minister for Finance Michael Noonan paying out public money to cover the debts of private banks, including Anglo Irish Bank.

The injunction was sought yesterday on an ex parte (one side only) basis by John Squires and Ben Gilroy, members of a group called People for Economic Justice.

About 100 people took part in a protest organised by that group outside the Four Courts yesterday afternoon.

Mr Squires, Ballangon, Kells, Co Meath, and Mr Gilroy, Riverview, Athlumney Abbey, Navan, Co Meath, represented themselves during the brief hearing.

Mr Gilroy said the injunction was being sought in the context of proceedings being taken by them that aimed to prevent State payments to entities including unsecured bondholders of Anglo Irish Bank.

Mr Squires and Mr Gilroy sought an order prohibiting the Taoiseach and/or Minister using the State’s sovereign money, taxes, promissory notes, bonds or any other financial instrument to pay “this odious debt” to unsecured bondholders of Anglo, IBRC, the European Central Bank or any other financial institutions.

They claimed such payments “plunge the country further into unnecessary debt” and would “inflict further hardship on families”.

Ms Justice Mary Laffoy dismissed the injunction application: grounds included the applicants’ failure to put the defendants on notice of their proceedings and failure to issue a notice of motion outlining their issue. The application was also not sufficiently urgent, the judge said.

Mr Gilroy and Mr Squires had argued that the matter was urgent because €3.1 billion is due to be paid as part of the State’s bill for Anglo Irish Bank and Irish Nationwide at the end of this month, but the judge said that the applicants could have moved earlier.

In affidavits, both men claimed the actions of the Taoiseach and the Minister in paying back unsecured debt to private banks who took part in “illegal activities” were unconstitutional.

The respondents lacked a mandate from the people to make such payments, they said.

The Taoiseach had placed promises made to the people of Ireland second to promises made to a banking system that had broken liquidity laws, they claimed.

Receiving bailouts from other member states of the EU or the ECB to pay back private banking corporations also conflicted with the Lisbon Treaty, they said.

"For who has served me more faithfully than you with your coward's hope?" said he, "And where are the others that might have stood side by your side in the common good?"

"Dead," I whispered; and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me; "First the alien, then the Jew... I did no more than you let me do."

Beneath the beam that blocked the sky, none had stood so alone as I - and the Hangman strapped me, and no voice there cried "Stay" for me in the empty square.

#7 John The Pessimist

John The Pessimist

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

The president could have referred the bailout bill to the supreme court before signing it - I guess she didn't because there's nothing that could be done about it.

Wrong! If the President had refers a bill to the supreme court, he/she must specify which sections are to be examined. However, if the court approves the bill, the entire act, once signed, becomes unchallengeable.

By not referring the bill to the supreme court prior to signing, each and every section of the act can be subject to multiple challenges in the supreme court.

With that said, fair deuce to this crowd challenging it inthe courts......
Democracy only lasts until the unworthy discover that they can vote themselves the treasury.

You can choose the price you sell your house for, and you can choose when to sell your house, but you can't choose both.

#8 Traktion

Traktion

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,278 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

B)

It's about time these governments did some representation for the people, rather than for the banks and the other corporates.

If the government resists this sort of action and it spreads in the media, they will look utterly out of touch. That will anger people even more.

Ireland has a modern constitution and they seem to be realising the power which it brings. One of them, is the lawful right to withdraw consent to be governed, I believe. When the aforementioned starts being tested in numbers, then there will be real change.

edit: grammar

Edited by Traktion, 04 April 2012 - 08:37 AM.

Hayek: Denationalisation of Money - Competing, alternative currencies and breaking the money monopolies.
Bitcoin - Free market, distributed, open source, e-currency.
Against Intellectual Monopoly - Stop the rent seeking through legal monopoly.
Freedomain Radio - Philosophical commentary and debate.
Khan Academy - Free market education, funded by voluntary donations.
Community Land Licencing - A distributed, non-state, alternative to land value taxation.

#9 Sour Mash

Sour Mash

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

B)

It's about time these governments did some representation for the people, rather than for the banks and the other corporates.

If the government resists this sort of action and it spreads in the media, they will look utterly out of touch. That will anger people even more.

Ireland has a modern constitution and they seem to be realising the power which it brings. One of them, is the lawful right to withdraw consent to be governed, I believe. When the aforementioned starts being tested in numbers, then there will be real change.

edit: grammar

Dream on, like any almost every other modern 'democracy' the system is set up to keep the elite comfortable and the people without any real power whilst giving them the illusion that they decide their own fate.

The only thing that will result in any change to the status quo is widespread direct action from the populace. Now that the bills for the bank bailouts are literally landing on the doormats of homeowners in the RoI, I guess there might be the beginnings of some sort of actual response from the public.

I wouldn't bet on it though - the people did absolutely nothing as the politicians bailed out their bankster masters by dumping private debt onto state books. They're only grumbling now that they are facing the consequences. Smart politicians should easily be able to con a population that's every bit as gullible, stpuid and lazy as the British one (possibly even more so) into paying in some other way.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#10 long time lurking

long time lurking

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Dream on, like any almost every other modern 'democracy' the system is set up to keep the elite comfortable and the people without any real power whilst giving them the illusion that they decide their own fate.

The only thing that will result in any change to the status quo is widespread direct action from the populace. Now that the bills for the bank bailouts are literally landing on the doormats of homeowners in the RoI, I guess there might be the beginnings of some sort of actual response from the public.

I wouldn't bet on it though - the people did absolutely nothing as the politicians bailed out their bankster masters by dumping private debt onto state books. They're only grumbling now that they are facing the consequences. Smart politicians should easily be able to con a population that's every bit as gullible, stpuid and lazy as the British one (possibly even more so) into paying in some other way.

Was there about a month ago there was sings every where and just about all the radio stations was supporting the non payment of the new property tax that was due to be paid by the same day the payment to the ECB ?/ troika was due on March the 31st and by all accounts only a fraction had payed the tax at that time (first week of March)

So they have woke up and if they do not pay whats the government going to do when something in the region of 1 million + default that's a lot of doors to be broken down

Edited by long time lurking, 04 April 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#11 billybong

billybong

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Strange that the news hasn't covered the event in UK broadcasts ;)

Edited by billybong, 04 April 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#12 MRMX9

MRMX9

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

Was there about a month ago there was sings every where and just about all the radio stations was supporting the non payment of the new property tax that was due to be paid by the same day the payment to the ECB ?/ troika was due on March the 31st and by all accounts only a fraction had payed the tax at that time (first week of March)

So they have woke up and if they do not pay whats the government going to do when something in the region of 1 million + default that's a lot of doors to be broken down

The Irish fought for 700 years for their freedom - survived wars, persecutions, being illegally thrown off their land, famine and effective genocide. He is right - the Irish people's ancestors would be literally turning in their grave - something fought for so hard for generations has been thrown away in 4 years.

My aunt and uncle - in their 70s - haven't paid the tax yet. Are they going to send the bailiffs in on pensioners?

In the end all the Irish have to fall back on is their wonderful constitution (who else always gets referendums on EU treaties) and their own willingness to protest against this all No one thought in 1984 than 5 years later the wall would have come down and the Soviet empire ended - nothing is inevitable or irreversible if enough people protest. Sadly the sheepie are more concerned about this weekends latest new sensation on Britains got talent to do anything in the UK!

Edited by MRMX9, 04 April 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#13 Game_Over

Game_Over

I live on HPC!

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Yes - lets have a revolution

Cos they always result in a fairer more prosperous society

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#14 Traktion

Traktion

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,278 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

The Irish fought for 700 years for their freedom - survived wars, persecutions, being illegally thrown off their land, famine and effective genocide. He is right - the Irish people's ancestors would be literally turning in their grave - something fought for so hard for generations has been thrown away in 4 years.

My aunt and uncle - in their 70s - haven't paid the tax yet. Are they going to send the bailiffs in on pensioners?

In the end all the Irish have to fall back on is their wonderful constitution (who else always gets referendums on EU treaties) and their own willingness to protest against this all No one thought in 1984 than 5 years later the wall would have come down and the Soviet empire ended - nothing is inevitable or irreversible if enough people protest. Sadly the sheepie are more concerned about this weekends latest new sensation on Britains got talent to do anything in the UK!

That's a very good point.

I'm sensing a growing swell of people who are starting to realise what is going on. There seems to be an acceptance that something needs to give and this is leading to people considering new ideas. It's a bit like alcoholism - you have to admit you have a problem, before you can find a solution. Before that, you will just get angry at anyone who tells you to lay off the bottle.

If you look at where we were in 2007 and where we are now, there have been huge changes in social opinion. There are pockets of people in different movements and they seem to be starting to converge. Many seem to know that something is wrong, but just don't know what and why... this is starting to change though, as people are educating themselves, rather than taking what politicians say gospel.
Hayek: Denationalisation of Money - Competing, alternative currencies and breaking the money monopolies.
Community Land Licencing - A distributed, non-state, alternative to land value taxation.

#15 Traktion

Traktion

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,278 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

Yes - lets have a revolution

Cos they always result in a fairer more prosperous society

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As if by magic, the uber statist appears! :lol:

Quick, you better spread some FUD to keep the herd calm! :o

edit: sp

Edited by Traktion, 04 April 2012 - 01:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users