#1 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,086 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

http://rt.com/on-air...ederation-fire/

Moscow's Federation Tower, designed to be the tallest building in Europe, has caught fire in Moscow's business center. As firefighters try to put out the flames on the top floors, the danger the incomplete building might collapse is growing every minute.

Still at least they could rebuild it to boost GDP.

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#2 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,086 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_1397623.html

Posted Image

MOSCOW -- Firefighting helicopters are trying to put out a spectacular blaze atop an under-construction Moscow skyscraper, planned to be Europe's tallest building.

Orange flames were leaping about 250 meters (880 feet) Monday, visible in the night sky to much of the city.

No injuries have been reported at the fire in the eastern tower of the Federation Tower complex, part of a massive development along the Moscow River about 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) west of the Kremlin.

Who's financing the tower?

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

smaller.jpg

#3 Executive Sadman

Executive Sadman

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,601 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_1397623.html

Who's financing the tower?

RBS?

HBOS?

They usually know a good deal when they see it.

Pity, im sure the offices were selling like hot cakes. :unsure:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#4 sesim

sesim

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

http://rt.com/on-air...ederation-fire/

Still at least they could rebuild it to boost GDP.

No doubt someone will be Putin it out soon.

#5 geezer466

geezer466

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Location:200 Meters from Probably the Most Famous Prom in the World

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Nonsense it won't fall down!!

Buildings don't fall down just because they catch fire!!
This is the space for the signature thingy.........

#6 Nuggets Mahoney

Nuggets Mahoney

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,364 posts
  • About Me:Doesn't believe anything.
    Has many suspicions.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

:lol:

Hmmm

Fire ... tall buildings ... collapse ... on an internet forum

You don't need psychic abilities to see where this one is going

Until the BBC reports the building has fallen down twenty minutes before it actually falls down I'm not having any of it
edit: typo

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that many are not genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

#7 sims

sims

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Until the BBC reports the building has fallen down twenty minutes before it actually falls down I'm not having any of it

Even worse, the BBC isn't reporting it at all. Information blackout!!!

#8 tinker

tinker

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

:lol:
No planes involved, just planes.

Posted Image

#9 iamdamosuzuki

iamdamosuzuki

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Tasteless talk costs lives.

You should all expect a visit from the Home office dept of internet freedom any minute.TROLLS I tell theee
We have got into the habit of admiring colossal bandits, whose opulence is revered by the entire world, yet whose existence, once we stop to examine it, proves to be one long crime repeated ad infinitum, but those same bandits are heaped with glory, honors, and power, their crimes are hallowed by the law of the land, whereas, as far back in history as the eye can see -- and history, as you know, is my business -- everything conspires to show that a venial theft, especially of inglorious foodstuffs, such as bread crusts, ham, or cheese, unfailingly subjects its perpetrator to irreparable opprobium, the automatic dishonor, and inexpiable shame, and this for two reasons, first because the perpetrator of such an offense is usually poor, which in itself connotes basic unworthiness, and secondly because his act implies, as it were, a tacit reproach to the community. - Celine

#10 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,086 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Can't we just have a bit of drama. :P

Fire and Collapse, Faculty of Architecture Building, Delft University of Technology: Data Collection and Preliminary Analyses

ABSTRACT
On the morning of May 13, 2008, a fire that started in a coffee vending machine on the 6th floor of the 13-story Faculty of Architecture Building at the Delft University of Technology (TUD), Delft, the Netherlands, quickly developed into an extreme loading event. Although all building occupants evacuated safely, the rapid fire spread severely impacted fire department operations, allowing the fire to burn uncontrolled for several hours, eventually resulting in the structural collapse of a major portion of the building. With the fire continuing to burn after collapse, damage was ultimately significant enough that the building had to be demolished. Collecting and archiving data from this fire is extremely important because structural collapse of high-rise buildings due to fire has historically been quite rare. There are several reasons for this, from the overall infrequency of fire ignition in high-rise buildings, to the combination of structural fire resistance of the frame, fire-rated compartment barriers, automatic fire suppression systems, and fire department suppression activities generally associated with the fire protection strategy for high-rise buildings. This event offers a unique opportunity to study the performance of a codecompliant
high-rise building in a major fire wherein the outcome was different than might typically be expected. In order to facilitate analyses of this event, researchers in the United States, under a Small Grant for Exploratory Research (SGER) from the National Science Foundation (NSF award 0840601), teamed up with researchers from TNO and Efectis in the Netherlands, along with Prof. Kees van Weeren of the TUD Faculty of Architecture, to collect data on the fire and collapse. A summary of data collected and outcomes of preliminary analyses are presented.

Rare but it's not impossible.

smaller.jpg

#11 erat_forte

erat_forte

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Yes but that was a coffee vending machine and everyone knows those are demonic abominations.
CAESAR AD ERAT FORTE BRVTVS ADSUM IAM CAESAR SIC INTRA LIBUS BRVTVS SIC INTRAM

#12 John The Pessimist

John The Pessimist

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

How long before the first photo of a bare chested Putin walking out through the flames carrying an elderly babushka?
Democracy only lasts until the unworthy discover that they can vote themselves the treasury.

You can choose the price you sell your house for, and you can choose when to sell your house, but you can't choose both.

#13 fluffy666

fluffy666

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

Yes but that was a coffee vending machine and everyone knows those are demonic abominations.

Coffee vending machines - and all who use them - are tools of the NWO. True.

#14 Diver Dan

Diver Dan

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

It's in Russia so it was probably the vodka vending machine. That building is toast.
That's it, I'm getting a wall-safe.

I'd be happy if I were right but I'll settle for being Less Wrong

#15 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,086 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

Even worse, the BBC isn't reporting it at all. Information blackout!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-17593399

Blackout lifted.

smaller.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users