34 replies to this topic

#16 phead

phead

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

+1. Few people have had me shouting at the TV over the years, and she's one. The way she fillibustered live interviews was outrageous, and she always got away with it. I only saw her pwned once, it was beautiful, but too rare.

Exactly, you may have hated her but she was great at what she did. I'm not sure where you move up from defending bankers, PR for BP maybe?

#17 Georgia O'Keeffe

Georgia O'Keeffe

Fondue NOT Raclette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

things must be bad if a tory is turning down lavish economic rent for spouting bullsh@t. Could also impact the diversity targets the BBA have, maybe they can do a straight swap with Dame Shirley Porter

Edited by Georgia O'Keeffe, 03 April 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#18 zugzwang

zugzwang

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

+1. Few people have had me shouting at the TV over the years, and she's one. The way she fillibustered live interviews was outrageous, and she always got away with it. I only saw her pwned once, it was beautiful, but too rare.

Thank goodness for the hard-working, independent-minded and skeptical community of financial journalists whose duty it is to keep us informed. Where would we be without them? Why, the world would make no sense at all...
It's not a recovery, it's a relapse.

Welcome to Bluffdale (population approx. 7,000,000,000) - where even a windswept leaf has too much freedom.

#19 SleepyHead

SleepyHead

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

BBC did a piece on the Today Programme this morning.

http://news.bbc.co.u...000/9710631.stm

BBA boss: I'm a human being

The outgoing chief executive of the British Bankers' Association (BBA) has said she found it difficult not to take some of the criticism of the banks personally.

Angela Knight, who is to step down this summer after five years in the job, told the Today programme's Simon Jack that there have been "huge mistakes and nobody wants to... pretend they did not happen" throughout the banking crisis.

But she argued that there is a far broader argument to be had - the city has changed and the financial crisis has made a difference in the culture of the banking world.

Mrs Knight said that she had to provide a balance during all the criticism over the 2008 credit crunch.

"It has been difficult sometimes," she said "that so many people personalise it".

"I'm a human being like anyone else."

Edited by sleeping dog, 03 April 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#20 Blue Peter

Blue Peter

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

"huge mistakes and nobody wants to... pretend they did not happen"

That's not my recall of her stint, which seemed to consiste entirely of pretending that the mistakes of her owners did not exist,

Peter.
Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

#21 SleepyHead

SleepyHead

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

I notice the BBC used the theme from The Exorcist ............... just sayin.. Posted Image

#22 PopGun

PopGun

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

BBC did a piece on her today.

Ah so nutjobs do possess some degree of emotional attachment.....to themselves at least.
"the remarkable result is that under Mrs Thatcher from 1979-90, just as under Tony Blair from 1997-2007, the real value of Housing Equity Withdrawal is larger than the real value of GDP growth"

#23 StainlessSteelCat

StainlessSteelCat

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Ah so nutjobs do possess some degree of emotional attachment.....to themselves at least.

Classic narcissist? - they seek plenty of empathy, but aren't terribly good at dishing it out.

Question is, what does a successful PR droid for the banks go onto do next? Gary Glitter could probably use some help in that department.

Edited by StainlessSteelCat, 03 April 2012 - 09:15 AM.

All of my posts are a work of fiction. Any resemblance between real life entities, events or persons (living or dead) mentioned within them is purely coincidental.

Typozay Find auction spelling mistakes

#24 fluffy666

fluffy666

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,760 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

"It has been difficult sometimes," she said "that so many people personalise it".

Would that be the people who have been priced out of the market due to the stupid amounts being lent without checks, the ordinary employees of the banks who had been continually encouraged to buy shares, taxpayers who have seen vast amounts of cash poured into banks which promptly hand it out as bonuses, pensioners seeing returns on savings vanish...

She can complain about things being difficult when she is hanging upside down from a lamppost.

#25 Si1

Si1

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,964 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Classic narcissist? - they seek plenty of empathy, but aren't terribly good at dishing it out.

I thought of that too - seemed very simulated empathy

Question is, what does a successful PR droid for the banks go onto do next? Gary Glitter could probably use some help in that department.

at a guess she will try to go into politics, wondering if she'll worm her way into the labour party, who seem to have an intellectual vacuum just waiting to be filled by the right sociopaths

#26 SleepyHead

SleepyHead

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

at a guess she will try to go into politics, wondering if she'll worm her way into the labour party, who seem to have an intellectual vacuum just waiting to be filled by the right sociopaths

At the very end she lets slip that she wants another Exec job, but doesn't have one lined up yet.

So she quit with no job to go to. Maybe the prospect of having to defend yet more bank bailouts by taxpayers is too much for her to take?

Hector Sants went quite suddenly too. Rats and sinking ship spring to mind.

#27 PopGun

PopGun

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Works for me.

She can take over Dolly Draper's/Pat Primer's job.

Edited by PopGun, 03 April 2012 - 09:39 AM.

"the remarkable result is that under Mrs Thatcher from 1979-90, just as under Tony Blair from 1997-2007, the real value of Housing Equity Withdrawal is larger than the real value of GDP growth"

#28 R K

R K

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,885 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Tory MP fronting the bankster fraud?

Who knew.

I guess Dave doesn't want a former Tory MP staying in post as the LIBOR fraud case rumbles on.

Might impact on his sale of 250,000 dinners.

"The problem with capitalism is that eventually you end up with everyone else's money" RK
"We have now entered The Great Rebalancing 2007-20xx" - RK
"Gold will go to $1000, Silver to $18" - RK August 2011
QE 100bn and build 1m council homes - RK
Carney announces the launch of Empire 2.0 - Rise of the Banksters Oct '13

#29 7 Year Itch

7 Year Itch

My member's title is Rodney.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,297 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

It says former conservative MP...

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#30 Blue Peter

Blue Peter

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

It says former conservative MP...

Given the practise of the last 7 years or whatever it is, I'm sure that batting for the other side wouldn't cause her to skip a heartbeat,

Peter.
Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users