- - - - -

We're Sick Of The Lot Of You: Disgusted Voters Give All Three 'out Of Touch' Party Leaders The Worst Poll Ratings In History

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Wahoo

Wahoo

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

It will be interesting to see if 'twatter' or 'offyerfacebook' etc enables a ground swell against party politics in the next election.

#62 billybong

billybong

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,796 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Edited by billybong, 04 April 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#63 Vagabond

Vagabond

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

We're Sick Of The Lot Of You: Disgusted Voters Give All Three 'out Of Touch' Party Leaders The Worst Poll Ratings In History

And then promptly vote for them. Again.

Fool me once etc. Even without our currently, awful, system there are still the means to vote out poor candidates. The fact people don't so this just gets them that government they oh so deserve.

I've said before. With todays technology, there is no reason at all* why we couldn't have some sort of direct democracy and actually vote on the larger issues as and when.

* - Well, apart from the obvious reason of course.
Putting 'the rapist' into therapist.

#64 fluffy666

fluffy666

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

And then promptly vote for them. Again.

Fool me once etc. Even without our currently, awful, system there are still the means to vote out poor candidates. The fact people don't so this just gets them that government they oh so deserve.

I've said before. With todays technology, there is no reason at all* why we couldn't have some sort of direct democracy and actually vote on the larger issues as and when.

* - Well, apart from the obvious reason of course.

If you look at the percentage of the population who actually cast a vote for the current government..

#65 Parkwell

Parkwell

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Exactly, and don't forget that a third of people didn't even vote to start with.

#66 tahoma

tahoma

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Short version, people are tired of seeing hard work punished, and the feckless rewarded with the spoils.

Also, having successive governments that are clearly hell-bent on destroying the most successful cultural and legal system in the history of mankind - the fifth column state funded broadcaster, 'media', 'intellectual' and 'educator' classes cheerleading all the way - is unlikely to be popular.

Back to basics folks. Low taxes, small state and defend the f*cking borders from those who would be perfectly happy to turn this country into whatever backward hell-hole they scurried in from.

Edit: I've said it before, I'll say it again. We are one charismatic leader away from things turning very, very nasty indeed.

Edited by tahoma, 04 April 2012 - 11:32 AM.

Virtually no idea is too ridiculous to be accepted, even by very intelligent and highly educated people, if it provides a way for them to feel special and important. Some confuse that feeling with idealism.

The vision of the anointed is one in which ills as poverty, irresponsible sex, and crime derive primarily from 'society,' rather than from individual choices and behavior. To believe in personal responsibility would be to destroy the whole special role of the anointed, whose vision casts them in the role of rescuers of people treated unfairly by 'society'.

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.

Thomas Sowell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users