http://rt.com/news/s...or-clashes-727/

#2 Self Employed Youth

Self Employed Youth

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

General strike, it got a brief mention on channel 4.
Have I not reason to lament what man has mas made of man?

Initially 'Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Formerly Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Unemployed Again Youth'
Hopefully soon to be 'Employed Again Youth' and not long after that I'll be eligible for working tax credits, if not I'll at least get adult rate dole and maybe car insurance will be potentially affordable!

#3 EvilEdna

EvilEdna

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

General strike, it got a brief mention on channel 4.

Shurely shome mishtake, it's top story on the Beeb website and the Guardian
"Ireland stands as a shining example of the art of the possible in long-term economic policymaking, and that is why I am in Dublin: to listen and to learn."

George Osborne 2006

#4 kev-all-in

kev-all-in

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

Strikes and demonstrations aren't going to do their presumably rather valuable tourism industry much good, which links in with the thread about Thomas Cook struggling with bookings down 10%.

Less people going on holiday, spending less when they're there and many (including me) will avoid anywhere likely to be disrupted by striking Airport workers / public transport / full scale riots! - plenty of places where that's pretty unlikely so I'll avoid Greece etc for a while.

I'm looking forward to going back and having some lovely cheap holidays spending millions of dracma or peseta! B)

#5 copydude

copydude

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

Strikes and demonstrations aren't going to do their presumably rather valuable tourism industry much good

Spain is certainly going Greek in that respect. Athens is becoming a particularly unsavoury destination.

Amid Debt Crisis, Athens Falls Apart

I'm looking forward to going back and having some lovely cheap holidays spending millions of dracma or peseta! B)

But Merkel reiterated this week that she will never allow an exit from the Euro, even if the countries are trashed.

#6 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,067 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

But Merkel reiterated this week that she will never allow an exit from the Euro, even if the countries are trashed.

That seems a foolish mistake...

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#7 RufflesTheGuineaPig

RufflesTheGuineaPig

is fluffy

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,038 posts
  • About Me:I am Ruffles, the destroyer of worlds....

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

The beeb only started covering it when the police had moved in with rubber bullets and ended it.

Important to show people that if they object to what their government does - they get shot.
It's time to pay the piper. There is no magician who will magic away the debt. Someone is going to have to pay it. Bend over and prepare to make payment.

In this glorious nation of ours, if you work hard and keep your head down for 25 years then you too can aspire to own one-eighth of a one bedroom flat in Manchester.

My mum and day always tell me how important it is to save to buy a house. They should know, it took them nearly 6 months to save for theirs. As teenagers, they bought a 3 bed semi.

#8 fluffy666

fluffy666

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

The beeb only started covering it when the police had moved in with rubber bullets and ended it.

Important to show people that if they object to what their government does - they get shot.

We are more civilized here, we merely give people prison sentences for touching a pair of trainers.

Taking shareholders and taxpayers for a few dozen billion is, of course, not a criminal offense, merely the sort of unfortunate thing that could happen to and decent, unsuspecting chap. Ditto accidentally claiming expenses for a mortgage that doesn't exist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users