78 replies to this topic

#1 Unsafe As Houses

Unsafe As Houses

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

In case you're interested, but be warned watching this programme could result in the destruction of your telly (or PC, laptop, etc. etc.)

Will be interesting to hear what his take is on the planning reforms.

I'm in favour of lifting planning restrictions completely in terms of building on the green belt - f*ck preventing 'urban sprawl'.

I and many others want a decent house, a stake in society.

#2 cica

cica

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

I put myself through this crap nearly every time :angry:

#3 Monkey

Monkey

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

i value my TV to highly to watch Question time, and i dont want the neighbours to call the police thinking i'm beating my G/F, when in fact i'm kicking the sh!t out of the TV

#4 Shaneyson

Shaneyson

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

In case you're interested, but be warned watching this programme could result in the destruction of your telly (or PC, laptop, etc. etc.)

Will be interesting to hear what his take is on the planning reforms.

I'm in favour of lifting planning restrictions completely in terms of building on the green belt - f*ck preventing 'urban sprawl'.

I and many others want a decent house, a stake in society.

Just thinking about listening to some of these self serving little Englanders is giving me a headache. I wonder if anyone is allowed to put forward a coherent argument?
By the way I want the person who rang in this morning to 5 Live and managed to get the words 'house prices are crashing' to come forward now please as you have earned your medal of honour.
TWITTER JOIN & FOLLOW EACH OTHER
MY TWITTER FEED

#5 Unsafe As Houses

Unsafe As Houses

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

i value my TV to highly to watch Question time, and i dont want the neighbours to call the police thinking i'm beating my G/F, when in fact i'm kicking the sh!t out of the TV

:lol: There may be more than a few HPCers' tellies in the bin tomorrow.

I'm hoping Jenkins will be irate about the reforms but I doubt it - I imagine he'll be claiming an important victory in the 'protection' of our countryside :angry:

#6 Chuffy Chuffnell

Chuffy Chuffnell

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

QT is a load of b*llocks, don't watch it.

This Week is on straight after: sometimes they have some proper discussion about how f*cked the country is.

#7 bmf

bmf

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

QT is a load of b*llocks, don't watch it.

This Week is on straight after: sometimes they have some proper discussion about how f*cked the country is.

Totally agree. Don't watch it. Do something else for 50 minutes. Here are some suggestions:

* see how long you can stand on one leg

* pedicure

* just sit

* listen to music

* have a poo

Feel free to make up your own activities. They will all be more rewarding than QT.

#8 Ah-so

Ah-so

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

Totally agree. Don't watch it. Do something else for 50 minutes. Here are some suggestions:

* pedicure

* just sit

* listen to music

* have a poo

Feel free to make up your own activities. They will all be more rewarding than QT.

Start packing for a well-earned week in Marrakesh :)

#9 Unsafe As Houses

Unsafe As Houses

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

* pedicure

* just sit

* listen to music

* have a poo

Thanks, I'm sure I can do all those things at the same time as watching QT :P

Edited by Unsafe As Houses, 29 March 2012 - 08:01 PM.

#10 Chuffy Chuffnell

Chuffy Chuffnell

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

* pedicure

* just sit

* listen to music

* have a poo

I'm drinking very strong Belgian beer and watching The New Statesman, courtesy of Youtube. Should be well pished by the time This Week is on... :P

#11 Chuffy Chuffnell

Chuffy Chuffnell

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

btw - talking of The New Statesman - you only have to watch this episode to understand what's going on re: Labour and the Tories at the moment...

Can't help but think the Tories want to lose in 2015 and Labour want to, er, lose in 2015... the second half of this decade is going to be an utter disaster for the UK and the West.

#12 Chuffy Chuffnell

Chuffy Chuffnell

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Ahhhh, The National Trust, how wonderful, with its tea towel image, of country houses and beautiful scenery, built upon a history of evicting the poor, landgrabbing, destroying villages, threats, violence, transportation, executions, enforcing slavery, purveyors of starvation.

Splendid. I must sign up. Anyone fancy a joint membership with me?

They own a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) chunk of land in my patch of Shropshire. Their wardens go parading around "the estate" daily in NT landrovers, in between parading around town in them.

Edited by Chuffy Chuffnell, 29 March 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#13 pl1

pl1

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

I like to play "which same old effin face will they wheel on this week" and sure enough I win every time. They have about a dozen people they call up ALL THE TIME to appear on the show: Will Self, Chakrabarti, Caroline Flint, Populist reporter/Comedian who's happy for the cash.
I shan't be watching this nonsense.

#14 Unsafe As Houses

Unsafe As Houses

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Ahhhh, The National Trust, how wonderful, with its tea towel image, of country houses and beautiful scenery, built upon a history of evicting the poor, landgrabbing, destroying villages, threats, violence, transportation, executions, enforcing slavery, purveyors of starvation.

All wiped from the collective British Memory

Yep, that's them - shame you're not on QT - you might provide some balance to the discussion :D

Edited by Unsafe As Houses, 29 March 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#15 iamdamosuzuki

iamdamosuzuki

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

No thanks. I here far more intellectually rigorous debate on this forum. It's just more elite prancing and navel gazing while the public wait their turn - 'hands up' like schoolkids.
We have got into the habit of admiring colossal bandits, whose opulence is revered by the entire world, yet whose existence, once we stop to examine it, proves to be one long crime repeated ad infinitum, but those same bandits are heaped with glory, honors, and power, their crimes are hallowed by the law of the land, whereas, as far back in history as the eye can see -- and history, as you know, is my business -- everything conspires to show that a venial theft, especially of inglorious foodstuffs, such as bread crusts, ham, or cheese, unfailingly subjects its perpetrator to irreparable opprobium, the automatic dishonor, and inexpiable shame, and this for two reasons, first because the perpetrator of such an offense is usually poor, which in itself connotes basic unworthiness, and secondly because his act implies, as it were, a tacit reproach to the community. - Celine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users