3 replies to this topic

#1 deflation

deflation

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

The item on the BBC webpage about the end of the 1% stamp duty 'holiday' for FTB has many comments:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17496635

One of the editor's picks is also the highest rated:

"I'm older, a home owner and I want to see house prices crash. Houses are for living in - not an investment. The situation that we now have, of landlords living off people because they can't afford to buy, is unhealthy and immoral."

Do they have a HPC fan at the BBC or is there a 5th columnist in the BBC webpage staff now? ;)

Another editor's pick:

"Houses where I live have been made so expensive because of the second home buyers. Houses stand empty for 40 weeks a year and local people have to move miles away to buy a home, shops close and public services are cut. In some places over 50% of houses are holiday homes.
Do we have a housing shortage? No
Are house prices over inflated? Yes
Proper taxing of second homes would help"

Edited by deflation, 26 March 2012 - 08:41 AM.

#2 rantnrave

rantnrave

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

About a year ago there was a change on the BBC news website and housing articles became more balanced :)

That shift in sentiment has yet to reach the news channel though :angry:

#3 neil324

neil324

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

"I'm older, a home owner and I want to see house prices crash. Houses are for living in - not an investment. The situation that we now have, of landlords living off people because they can't afford to buy, is unhealthy and immoral."

I know someone with 2 BTL that are on BOE trackers. When I last seen him he said 'the rental market is booming'

Searching Right move, I noticed he has one of his BTL up for rent at 20% above similar properties.

Does karma exist?

Edited by neil324, 26 March 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#4 Superted187

Superted187

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

I'll bet that a great deal of these Journalists are now between the ages of about 25 and 35.

Because of their age, it's more than likely that these journalists will be victims of the UK's property price boom and either live at home with the parentals or pay masses to live in rented.

This feeling of frustration about their living situation will inevitably bleed out into any news items that they are involved in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users