Photo
- - - - -

Soldiers Stand By To Drive Petrol Tankers As Part Of Contingency Plans To Stop A Strike Plunging Britain Into Chaos

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#1 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,966 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

http://www.dailymail...tain-chaos.html

Will Labour back a crippling strike by union Unite, its biggest donor?
Emergency plans aimed at preventing a repeat of the turmoil caused by protesting lorry drivers when Tony Blair was Prime Minister in 2000
Results of a strike ballot of 2,000 tanker drivers will be announced tomorrow

Emergency plans for soldiers to drive petrol tankers to stop a threatened strike plunging Britain into chaos have been drawn up by the Government.

The price of fuel is only going to go up!

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#2 Englebert

Englebert

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

I will support any strike action. I didn't during the last fuel strike but this time, the strikers get my full support.

#3 mfs1959

mfs1959

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

I will support any strike action. I didn't during the last fuel strike but this time, the strikers get my full support.

They're not voting to strike over the price of fuel, but over the conditions under which they deliver it.

If their wages go up will fuel follow?

#4 Englebert

Englebert

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

They're not voting to strike over the price of fuel, but over the conditions under which they deliver it.

If their wages go up will fuel follow?

Yes, I understand that. I still support them. It seems fuel is already going up regardless of any possible wage increase. My hope is that this will kickstart other fuel price strikes this summer. I will support those too.

#5 porca misèria

porca misèria

Porcine Aviation Enterprises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts
  • About Me:pig

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Good. Seems this government is doing something right, despite the disgraceful position the then-tory-leader took back in 2000 (when the party went on to its worst and best-deserved electoral defeat, that would have been deeply satisfying if only it hadn't been The Liar in power).

#6 Ungeared

Ungeared

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • About Me:Let us be thankful for the fools; but for them the rest of us could not succeed.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

What with legislation for CS Gas and water cannons use being rushed through, surely petrol rising like Hovis is another nail in the coffin for any protester with ideas of lobbing a Molotov cocktail :ph34r:
The unrest in London is a form of hooliganism by losers who are living in a society which no longer has anything left to offer losers

#7 Ruffneck

Ruffneck

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,478 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

get the soldiers to drive trains as well , the train drivers are holding the UK to ransom right now
“The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”
• Kenneth Watt, Ecologist , Earth Day 1970

#8 mfs1959

mfs1959

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Yes, I understand that. I still support them. It seems fuel is already going up regardless of any possible wage increase. My hope is that this will kickstart other fuel price strikes this summer. I will support those too.

And where would you raise taxes to replace the money lost if fuel duties fall?

#9 Englebert

Englebert

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

And where would you raise taxes to replace the money lost if fuel duties fall?

If fuel keeps going up, a lot of businesses will simply fold. At that point, the Government receives ZERO taxes and will also have to fork out more money in unemployment benefits. Better to have people in jobs paying taxes methinks.

#10 mfs1959

mfs1959

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

If fuel keeps going up, a lot of businesses will simply fold. At that point, the Government receives ZERO taxes and will also have to fork out more money in unemployment benefits. Better to have people in jobs paying taxes methinks.

If fuel stops flowing a lot of businesses fold too...

#11 Aidan Ap Word

Aidan Ap Word

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

+1

#12 LowestoftBoy

LowestoftBoy

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

get the soldiers to drive trains as well , the train drivers are holding the UK to ransom right now

From my experience, squaddies are not very good at driving four tonners, never mind trains.
I'd rather walk.
The country was founded on the principle that the primary role of government is to protect property from the majority... and so it remains

#13 MongerOfDoom

MongerOfDoom

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Good. Seems this government is doing something right, despite the disgraceful position the then-tory-leader took back in 2000 (when the party went on to its worst and best-deserved electoral defeat, that would have been deeply satisfying if only it hadn't been The Liar in power).

+1

I am surprised at the comments in favor of bringing the country to a standstill. Then again, strikes worked just fine in Greece, didn't they?

#14 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,966 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

The govt is gambling that this point hasn't been reached.

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#15 JJJ

JJJ

HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Why is it always soldiers? They are pretty ******ing busy at the moment and they've got better things to do. Why do we not see plans for local councillors to be driving these trucks, or MP's retinues (aside from the fact that they're not easy to drive, but then, it's not as if squaddie initial training consists of personal admin, rifle cleaning and driving a huge truck) ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users