R K

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,638 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

How much for tea with Grant Shapps?

Should we have an HPC whip round?

"The problem with capitalism is that eventually you end up with everyone else's money" RK
"We have now entered The Great Rebalancing 2007-20xx" - RK
"Gold will go to $1000, Silver to $18" - RK August 2011
QE £100bn and build 1m council homes - RK
Carney announces the launch of Empire 2.0 - Rise of the Banksters Oct '13

#62 PopGun

PopGun

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

I wonder how many big builders, private health providers and other corporate disinterests have played Come Dine With Me, marking Dave’s hospitality out of ten?!

This could seriously compromise the coalition’s recent budget, never mind their integrity.
"the remarkable result is that under Mrs Thatcher from 1979-90, just as under Tony Blair from 1997-2007, the real value of Housing Equity Withdrawal is larger than the real value of GDP growth"

#63 nmarks

nmarks

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

I note the scandal has now dropped off the news radar. That didn't last long.
The 25 Most Dangerous People In Financial Media

There are some things that men must do in order that they remain as men.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court. Didn't you tell me that once?

It is the duty of all good men to nurture the seed of self-destruction that lies at the core of every evil.

The biggest delusion that humans suffer is to abrogate their powers to others then expect something other than despair.

#64 Sour Mash

Sour Mash

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

I see that one of the people who allegedly bought access to the PM is the boss of an oil company that did deals with the Libyan rebels during the so-called 'people's revolution' over there.

Telegraph.co.uk

David Cameron invited Ian Taylor, the boss of the oil company Vitol, weeks after it emerged that a secret “Libyan oil cell” run from the Foreign Office had brokered a lucrative deal for Vitol to supply oil to rebel forces in the north African country.

When the controversy blew up last September, No 10 had to fend off accusations that Vitol, which has close links to the international development minister, Alan Duncan, was given preferential treatment.

Weeks later, on Nov 2, Mr Taylor, who has donated £466,100 to the Conservative Party since Mr Cameron became leader, was one of six guests at an intimate dinner party with the prime minister in Downing Street.

Last night Opposition MPs demanded to know whether Vitol’s deal with the National Transitional Council in Libya was discussed at the dinner, which was also attended by Mr Taylor’s wife, Christine. Labour said the dinner added to “the perception that policy is purchased by donors”. Downing Street said Mr Taylor, 55, was invited to “the social dinner for strong and long-term supporters of the party”.

Which rather backs up the extremely strong suspicions that we have just been involved in yet another war designed to make money for powerful individuals but waged under the false flag of bringing 'freedom and democracy' to some oil-rich foreign country. :angry:

Amazing that there were fools posting here on HPC who actually swallowed the official line at the time that we were helping a bunch of courageous oppressed people out of a desire to bring freedom to their country.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#65 PopGun

PopGun

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

I see that one of the people who allegedly bought access to the PM is the boss of an oil company that did deals with the Libyan rebels during the so-called 'people's revolution' over there.

Telegraph.co.uk

Which rather backs up the extremely strong suspicions that we have just been involved in yet another war designed to make money for powerful individuals but waged under the false flag of bringing 'freedom and democracy' to some oil-rich foreign country. :angry:

Amazing that there were fools posting here on HPC who actually swallowed the official line at the time that we were helping a bunch of courageous oppressed people out of a desire to bring freedom to their country.

It's amazing that one set of courageous oppressed people are more deserving of 'freedom' than other sets of courageous but oppressed people.

The inaction against the Syrian or Sudanese genocides in the background to the Libyan conflict was enough to expose it as an outright sham. Bob Stewart amongst others are always quick to shoo away awkward questions regarding us picking and choosing who to liberate and who gets left to die.
"the remarkable result is that under Mrs Thatcher from 1979-90, just as under Tony Blair from 1997-2007, the real value of Housing Equity Withdrawal is larger than the real value of GDP growth"

#66 Game_Over

Game_Over

I live on HPC!

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

It's amazing that one set of courageous oppressed people are more deserving of 'freedom' than other sets of courageous but oppressed people.

The inaction against the Syrian or Sudanese genocides in the background to the Libyan conflict was enough to expose it as an outright sham. Bob Stewart amongst others are always quick to shoo away awkward questions regarding us picking and choosing who to liberate and who gets left to die.

I'm with you on this one

I think we should leave everyone to die.

:blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users