10 replies to this topic

#1 snowflux

snowflux

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Surely Microsoft and Nokia have shot themselves in the foot badly here? The first question many kids ask when getting their first phone is "Does it play Angry Birds?". And if it doesn't, they'll get an iOS or Android phone and are likely to stick with that platform in the future.

Microsoft/Nokia should have been paying Rovio whatever it took to make sure the Windows Phone platform was also supported by Angry Birds Space. They'll surely regret not doing so.

Edited by snowflux, 23 March 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#2 Bossybabe

Bossybabe

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Surely Microsoft and Nokia have shot themselves in the foot badly here? The first question many kids ask when getting their first phone is "Does it play Angry Birds?". And if it doesn't, they'll get an iOS or Android phone and are likely to stick with that platform in the future.

Microsoft/Nokia should have been paying Rovio whatever it took to make sure the Windows Phone platform was also supported by Angry Birds Space. They'll surely regret not doing so.

Surely Angry Birds is a passing phase. The big question is: what will be the replacement fad?
QUOTES:

• "This is going to hurt you much more than it will hurt me." - Bossybabe
  • "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.
  • "This fellow is wise enough to play the fool, and to do that well craves a kind of wit. He must observe their mood on whom he jests, The quality of persons, and the time" VIOLA, Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare
  • "Oh, when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd! She was a vixen when she went to school. And though she be but little, she is fierce." - HELENA, A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare

#3 snowflux

snowflux

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Surely Angry Birds is a passing phase. The big question is: what will be the replacement fad?

Angry Birds has been the most popular smartphone game by far pretty much since its initial release 2 years ago, and a new version (Space) has just been released to critical acclaim. A high-end phone that is not capable of playing that game is going to have a very hard time in the teenage marketplace. It could even be enough to destroy Microsoft's (and, by proxy, Nokia's) presence in the smartphone market.

#4 'Bart'

'Bart'

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,421 posts
  • About Me:Mad as hell

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

It's also worth noting that Rovio said in October 2010 said it had "not committed" to bringing the original Angry Birds game to Windows Phone. About eight months later, Rovio's feathered bombers landed on Windows Phone.

LINK

#5 Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • About Me:Black Belt 10th Dan

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

:blink:

It's angry fecking birds for Christ sake.

#6 DeepLurker

DeepLurker

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

:blink:

It's angry fecking birds for Christ sake.

And if it's what the customers want, then they'll go for the phone with angry fecking birds :P
Food, shelter; both are basic necessities of life.
If you call out for cheaper food, you are a saint.
If you call out for cheaper shelter, you are ostracised, ridiculed, even your partners and family feel slightly ashamed of you.

#7 MrPin

MrPin

Mild Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • About Me:Fount of wisdom, and pinnacle of taste!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

I'm afraid Microsoft have missed the boat again! :lol:
Ignorance can be cured! Stupidity cannot!

#8 pl1

pl1

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

[i changed my mind]

Edited by pl1, 23 March 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#9 AteMoose

AteMoose

INTJ <- No S :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,516 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

in other news.. Angry Birds Space is coming to wp7
http://crave.cnet.co...phone-50007438/
I have bought a newish (5 years) house in November 2006. I talked the vendor down 30% off peak 2004 price am am paying less than the 2002 price. I feel prices will continue to drop down to the 2001 price but saving for 5 years hopefully means i wont be stung. The price i am paying isn't much above the price the vendor paid for the place when it was new in 2000. However some idiot is trying to flog an identical house on my road for 55k above the price i paid, one month later!?!?! The housing market is frothy, no-one ever knows what the value of a house is, the value is what someone is willing to pay, make sure you pay alot less than the asking price.

Free to collect, like ebay but you dont pay, you just have to collect

QUOTE (sledgehead)If you make a living from something, you are a professional something: it is your profession. You could bake dog turds and flog them as ornaments. If that's how you make your living, you ARE a professional dog-turd baker. Period
QUOTE (Rolling Stone 13th July 2000)The first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it's everywhere. The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.

QUOTE (Soon Not a Chain Retailer @ Aug 30 2009, 01:03 AM) Society should provide trampolines not safety nets.

QUOTE (GordonBrown Jan 27 2008 (warning about the coming inflation?))if you don't get the skills you wont get a job
if you get the skills you will earn ALOT of money

#10 blobloblob

blobloblob

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • About Me:Warning point free zone

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Angry Birds is ancient history - like May of last year or something. It's all about Temple Run these days. *

* Source: my teenage daughters.

#11 Monkey

Monkey

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

the new version of Angry Birds

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users