19 replies to this topic

#16 Sour Mash

Sour Mash

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

Laughable, the Bankrupt of England want to be the only issuer of fake money, they wouldn't know what real money or worth was if it hit them in the face.

Bank of England order sale of £50 note tissues to stop
http://www.financial...issues-to-stop/

http://www.financial-news.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/nti_Banned_Tissue10-460x250.jpg

Bank of England order sale of £50 note tissues to stop
By Financial News · March 18, 2012 · No comments
Retail News · Tagged: bank notes, bank of england, money, pictures, tissue, £50
nti £50_Tissue

The Bank of England has banned a gift stop selling novelty tissues which look like £10 and £50 notes – in case people try to pass them off as real money.

Maybe they're planning to cut down on the physical quality of their paper notes they same way they have been debasing the coinage with a cheaper mix of metals and they are worried that their new, cheaper to make paper money is going to be indistinguishable .... :lol:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#17 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,595 posts
  • About Me:Vote LABOURTORY. You have no choice!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

So the value of these tissues is going to skyrocket, now that Merv has restricted the tissue money supply. Posted Image

Its good to see they are "vigilant" about somethings. <_<

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" - David Korten

"The real tragedy is not whether lib lab or con will win but that one of them will" - Sir Harold m

#18 billybong

billybong

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

A bit off topic - at a quick glance it's seems quite easy to mistake a £50 note for a £10 note as they look very similar and the colours being similar. How people with poorer eyesight would tell the difference is anybody's guess.

So there's more than one way to devalue consumers/customers money.

They could easily have chosen a more distinctive colour.

My bank is now trying to push them when I go in for cash but they're unacceptable because of the £10 similarity - that and the use of large denomination notes just seems to encourage a bit more inflation of prices which I'm sure the're very well aware of, so for me at least they're a very definite no no.

Edited by billybong, 18 March 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#19 Charlie The Tramp Returns

Charlie The Tramp Returns

EU Troll Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • About Me:Originally joined the Forum on 30 October 2003

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

£50 notes are hard to get rid of today nobody wants them. :rolleyes:
I have been studying the European Economic Community which became the European Community and finally becoming the European Union since the 1st January 1973. As each year passed the stench of corruption, financial recklessness, and Dictatorship has got totally out of control.

In an interview,( on holiday in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Davos ) the Liberal Democrat leader was asked whether he was in charge while the Prime Minister was away from Britain travelling in the Middle East. Sipping from a mug marked “Deputy Prime Minister,” he said: “Yeah, I suppose I am. I forgot about that.( Proves what a total berk he is )

Cameron must learn the basic rule in politics and life ( Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion ) and Miliband with no direct British Lineage should dig a hole and disappear down it.

Is Nicholarse Elcleggski ( 25% British ) insane? Who, in their right mind would willingly appease the French and Germans?

In our Country today THE TRUTH MUST NEVER BE SPOKEN, I will leave you all with your very bleak future as I will be gone.

The Lib/Dems who over the years have supported the demise of the moral and accepted standards we were all brought up to respect. The party who would lead us the way of the Ancient Greek and Roman Empires. We can Add David Cameron and Ed Miliband as Leaders of their parties who are heading for the buffers

#20 24gray24

24gray24

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Tell the BoE to F off. They have no legal right to tell anyone what to do.

If they want to argue to a court that the currency looks like toilet paper, let them. They wouldn't dare. The whole world would want tickets.

So just tell them to F off.
2012 prediction:

banks fall like dominoes in 2013, as funds are withdrawn into PMs.

Sarkozy, Obama and Merkel all fall from power.

the british housing crash is not gradual and slow, it drops like a stone on the day interest rates rise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users