HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Link

In case you hadn't seen it . . .
The 25 Most Dangerous People In Financial Media

There are some things that men must do in order that they remain as men.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court. Didn't you tell me that once?

It is the duty of all good men to nurture the seed of self-destruction that lies at the core of every evil.

The biggest delusion that humans suffer is to abrogate their powers to others then expect something other than despair.

#2 Snafu

Snafu

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

There are a few things that give me a big "da fuq" sensation and squatting is one of those things that I JUST DON'T understand how it can be allowed. It's just not ....on.

#3 peter_2008

peter_2008

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

Of course, it's burglary. Police know that.

But since when police caught burglars? Unless, you tried to defend yourself, then guaranteed police will be on your ****.

#4 ChumpusRex

ChumpusRex

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

There are a few things that give me a big "da fuq" sensation and squatting is one of those things that I JUST DON'T understand how it can be allowed. It's just not ....on.

It's not allowed.

Squatting in someone's home is illegal. The only exception is if the property is genuinely uninhabited (e.g. a rental property where there is no existing tenant, and no active or pending new tenancy agreement), or a home where the owner is living permanently elsewhere.

If I went on holiday for a month, then squatters simply could not take up residence in my home, as technically, it is "occupied" by me.

The problem is that the police don't want to get involved, as most squatters do actually only occupy genuinely vacant properties (e.g. properties which for some reason have not been let - e.g. repos managed by incompetent property managers), where such occupation is not illegal (as long as no break-in has occurred), and not a police matter.

It is frequent for police to be unaware of the law, and to refuse to act where people have broken into an occupied home.
Of course there have been winter gales and storms and fog and the like. But in all my experience I have never been in any accident, or any sort worth speaking about. I have seen but one vessel in distress in all my years at sea. I never saw a wreck and never have been wrecked nor was I ever in any predicament that threatened to end in disaster of any sort - Capt. Edward J Smith, Captain RMS Titanic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users