7 replies to this topic

#1 nuki

nuki

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Location, building, lease, service charges, etc. fine. Price lower than the rest of the flats in the bldg. because of the

The problem is in the layout (and possibly the fact that this is a top floor flat). Is this difficult to sell? Check the floorplan, entry to 2nd bedroom from the kitchen.

Any caveats?

http://sales.dexters...69-300396D543D2

#2 GloomMonger

GloomMonger

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • About Me:Waiting for the capitulation

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Ensuite kitchen! Great for midnight munchies. I couldn't possibly pay that much for it, if you really want it please put an insulting offer in.
"For who has served me more faithfully than you with your coward's hope?" said he, "And where are the others that might have stood side by your side in the common good?"

"Dead," I whispered; and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me; "First the alien, then the Jew... I did no more than you let me do."

Beneath the beam that blocked the sky, none had stood so alone as I - and the Hangman strapped me, and no voice there cried "Stay" for me in the empty square.

#3 tim123

tim123

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Is there any reason why you can't just swap over the usage of lounge/bedroom 1?

tim

#4 nuki

nuki

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Is there any reason why you can't just swap over the usage of lounge/bedroom 1?

tim

sloped low ceiling (under roof), small window (rectangular, narrow - half width). it would look awkward in a living room.

for a 2nd bedroom should be fine, but i don't know if i can get used to the 'ensuite kitchen' idea.

(also wanted to see how others perceive this and how much it affects the resale value -- so many things that seem unacceptable elsewhere here in England are considered fine e.g. bathroom extension in Victorian terrace houses, where you have to pass through the kitchen to get to the bathroom).

#5 Bankside

Bankside

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

sloped low ceiling (under roof), small window (rectangular, narrow - half width). it would look awkward in a living room.

for a 2nd bedroom should be fine, but i don't know if i can get used to the 'ensuite kitchen' idea.

(also wanted to see how others perceive this and how much it affects the resale value -- so many things that seem unacceptable elsewhere here in England are considered fine e.g. bathroom extension in Victorian terrace houses, where you have to pass through the kitchen to get to the bathroom).

#
Would it work if you swapped the lounge and bedroom 1 over - and opened out the kitchen into the (new) lounge?

edited for being a fool

Edited by Bankside, 06 March 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#6 porca misèria

porca misèria

Porcine Aviation Enterprises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,888 posts
  • About Me:pig

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

Consider that flat? I'd have to be desperate. Location - no thanks. Price - wtf? Style of build (and room sizes) - ugh.

Neither would I buy a flat in the UK. Rent - yes, but not buy.

Having said that, I wouldn't let the slightly idiosyncratic layout bother me. Take a look at the floorplan on this, which I find almost tempting for that frontage and couple of rather splendid (though small) rooms ...

#7 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

Having said that, I wouldn't let the slightly idiosyncratic layout bother me. Take a look at the floorplan on this, which I find almost tempting for that frontage and couple of rather splendid (though small) rooms ...

Wow that does look lovely from the outside. :wub:

As a former leasehold flat owner I too wouldn't buy another flat. The flat itself looks alright, however.
Insecure Tenant

#8 nuki

nuki

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

As a former leasehold flat owner I too wouldn't buy another flat. The flat itself looks alright, however.

This has gone under offer too, looks like I need to decide faster :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users