Photo

You Think London Prices Can't Go Higher?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 Dorkins

Dorkins

At J9 on the road to serfdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

council housing is very often in poor schemes, sure some is nice but a lot is drug infested tower blocks and the like. They put the rent up too much and these places will just get even worse with 100% hb jeremy kyle types. People working aint gonna pay near private prices for these places.

just another reason not to work.

Avoiding spending one's life in a drug infested tower block seems like an excellent reason to work.

#47 the_duke_of_hazzard_left

the_duke_of_hazzard_left

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

But you are in Dulwich now, which is still quite posh (or parts of it anyway).

It may be posh, but it's way way cheaper (if you rent privately).

#48 the_duke_of_hazzard_left

the_duke_of_hazzard_left

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

I was born in a big mansion so surely I am entitled to continue living in one as thats what Im used to. Should I be expected to change just because I cant afford to pay market rate?

Yes, that's exactly my point.

#49 MongerOfDoom

MongerOfDoom

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

All taxes in the UK go into big pots where you cannot say which pound came from where. There is no point in discussions about "tax X does/doesn't pay for Y" because government finances don't work like that.

It's simply not true. Just ask the BBC if they can tell how much money the license fee raises. You are right that most taxes are not collected for a particular purpose, but I thought the CT was one of the exceptions (it helps fund council spending). In any case, the original post I was replying to would still be wrong even if you were right.

#50 MongerOfDoom

MongerOfDoom

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Because it'll make other areas expensive to live in.Plus if you are born in the area you should have more rights to live in it than others, if you say why should you, then ill reply we'll using your argument you should have no rights in the entire UK.

Reality check? Being born in the UK gives you pretty much no rights at all that other EU citizens would not have after they come over. If you are English and happen to study at a Scottish university, you will see that somehow being born here might not be all that it's cracked up to be :-)

So why should being born in a particular area give you any rights whatsoever, again?

#51 crash2006

crash2006

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

Reality check? Being born in the UK gives you pretty much no rights at all that other EU citizens would not have after they come over. If you are English and happen to study at a Scottish university, you will see that somehow being born here might not be all that it's cracked up to be :-)

So why should being born in a particular area give you any rights whatsoever, again?

If there are no rights for an individual then we dont have a state but a dictatorship, the state gives native people rights and the native people give up some of there behaviorism.
Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.
Privatize the profits socialize the losses.
Posted Image
what i think the coming year will bring
">
http://william-king....money/MOH1.html

i'm an economic prop3rty expert

We did'nt see this coming

Biflation

Posted Image

#52 MongerOfDoom

MongerOfDoom

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

If there are no rights for an individual then we dont have a state but a dictatorship, the state gives native people rights and the native people give up some of there behaviorism.

We still have many useful rights, it's just that none of them do (or should) depend on exactly where you were born. If you paid attention in the last few decades, you would know that it is no longer just the native people who are given rights by the state.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users