18 replies to this topic

#16 Silversea

Silversea

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

Phew! Not much available to rent that is suitable on the casa sapo site. Plus, it could drive you nuts checking out each small area only to draw a complete blank. Anybody got any ideas of easier sites to search I'd appreciate it.
Mind you, it did throw up the idea of looking at the property auctions in Portugal. Seems to be very popular at the minute!

Hi dipstick, I don't know of agents that deal specifically with long term rentals.

You may want to google "long term property rental in portugal" (quite a few results) or "agencia imobiliaria portugal" (estate agents portugal).

Either way it will take a little effort to find the right property. Good luck!

#17 fourminutewarning

fourminutewarning

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hi, today 'jornal de negócios' feaures a special section on real estate in Portugal. It is in Portuguese, but use google translator to translate to English. http://www.jornalden...ate=HOMEPAGE_V2
The discourse is pretty much the same... try to talk up the market. In particular there is a piece where estate agents are interviewed. Guess what the position is? Good time to invest, house prices are close from the bottom... you can buy and rent... bla bla bla
Obviously I left a comment... with some basic maths, the return on investment is 2.35%, assumiing that it rents for the 12 months (and the tennant pays!) and that there are no extra expenses (e.g. major renovation). We know these are pretty bold assumptions, so the actual ROI is likely to be lower.... And if we factor in price depreciation, then you are more likely than not to lose money. As I have always been saying, until the Gross return is 10% (today a good one is 5-6%), there is no point in buying. and even if it gets there, the decision should not be taken lightly.

#18 dipstick

dipstick

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Silversea, do you know of something to rent in central Portugal?
You said to give you a shout earlier on but when I try to PM the system won't send it...

#19 Spoony

Spoony

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

Silversea, do you know of something to rent in central Portugal?
You said to give you a shout earlier on but when I try to PM the system won't send it...

http://www.telegraph...-and-sport.html
"In 2011, we sold 12 properties," he says. "In 2012 we sold 53. So far in 2013, we are averaging two a week. This indicates the renewal of appetite for Portugal."

Is this article VI bull?

Looks like the market is bouncing back if you believe it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users