35 replies to this topic

#1 Live Peasant

Live Peasant

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

Using the Irish constitution and Common Law to tell the Sheriff's representative to go away

Edited by Live Peasant, 25 February 2012 - 09:13 PM.

"A multitude of causes unknown to former times are now acting with a combined force to blunt the discriminating powers of the mind, and unfitting it for all voluntary exertion to reduce it to a state of almost savage torpor." Wordsworth.

#2 easy2012

easy2012

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

Using the Irish constitution and Common Law to tell the Sheriff's representative to go away

I would be interested to see how a non violence cooperative society is going to deal with this...

Of course, if property prices always go up then we wound't have this problem except that it does not.

#3 Saving For a Space Ship

Saving For a Space Ship

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,808 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

Confusion.....Eclectic Law Orchestra

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship, 25 February 2012 - 09:37 PM.

Help to Buoy (up the market) for sellers & lemmings
---------------------
The Next Generation..Where did you boldly go?
---------------------
How NOT to bid at a property auction (Scousenfraude)
---------------------
How to build my dream house that has very low heating bills

#4 General Melchett

General Melchett

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,158 posts
  • About Me:Spider-eating lunatic

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

OK, given that I am not going to be spending 23 minutes of my life watching that video (or reading a transcript of it), would you care to summarize, in 50-100 words, OP?
The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

#5 jammo

jammo

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

That's brilliant. Is there a resource on the net which might list or point to similar conflicts of interest? Bet there is loads of it goes on by all the troughing old boys networks. I'll bet the majority is at least one step removed though (nepotism, honours, bribery). Makes you think though. Thanks for the link, it makes me want to read law. ;)
Politics comes from the Greek (Poli - Many; Tics - Lies)

#6 easy2012

easy2012

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

OK, given that I am not going to be spending 23 minutes of my life watching that video (or reading a transcript of it), would you care to summarize, in 50-100 words, OP?

Yes Sir...

It basically says because the judge (the registrar) and the sheriff are the same person who act in different role (i.e. hat), there is no separation of judiciary and enforcement and hence the warrant is unlawful.

#7 Traktion

Traktion

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Good video. This seems pretty similar to the freeman on the land movement.

People seem to assume that those in authority will obey the law, much like the plebs try to do. Unfortunately, it seems they often take the piss.

It looks like the bank was chancing their arm, as was the sheriff. Good on these guys for calling their bluff!
Hayek: Denationalisation of Money - Competing, alternative currencies and breaking the money monopolies.
Bitcoin - Free market, distributed, open source, e-currency.
Against Intellectual Monopoly - Stop the rent seeking through legal monopoly.
Freedomain Radio - Philosophical commentary and debate.
Khan Academy - Free market education, funded by voluntary donations.
Community Land Licencing - A distributed, non-state, alternative to land value taxation.

#8 Traktion

Traktion

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

I would be interested to see how a non violence cooperative society is going to deal with this...

Of course, if property prices always go up then we wound't have this problem except that it does not.

Easy - contracts can be broken, but a social stigma may apply if you do. It doesn't give people the right to violate another, if a contract is broken.

This is where the minarchists get it wrong. Contracts should never be enforced with violence. They are just agreements which can be broken.

People may or may not cooperate with someone who breaks contracts, but it doesn't mean that people get to use violence to enforce them
Hayek: Denationalisation of Money - Competing, alternative currencies and breaking the money monopolies.
Bitcoin - Free market, distributed, open source, e-currency.
Against Intellectual Monopoly - Stop the rent seeking through legal monopoly.
Freedomain Radio - Philosophical commentary and debate.
Khan Academy - Free market education, funded by voluntary donations.
Community Land Licencing - A distributed, non-state, alternative to land value taxation.

#9 billybong

billybong

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

19.38 minutes.

"It was Ulster Bank went looking for this order tonight and as you know Ulster Bank has ownership of 70% of HM Treasury now" :o

Edited by billybong, 25 February 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#10 Venger

Venger

HPC Great Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Someone with a large mansion style house behind a gate and long driveway isn't paying the full mortgage repayments they agreed to pay, when they laid claim to such a nice property. Probably over 6 months of lenders forbearance, then months of lenders trying to reclaim property in court, sees a court order issued.

Some groups have formed believing the lender has made no loss over the mortgage because of securitization. Implying the debtor should be able to keep their fine house, and fresh young buyers should be forced to pay much higher prices with mortgage debtors in all the nice homes not having to suffer any consequences.

#11 okaycuckoo

okaycuckoo

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,004 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

It's a time machine!

The Irish protested evictions like this by landlords 150 years ago. Except the evictees way back then didn't borrow their arses into infinity and were trying to survive off their labour.

We can expect today's priced-outs to start their own protests against these evictees ... when?
The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.

#12 The Eagle

The Eagle

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

We can expect today's priced-outs to start their own protests against these evictees ... when?

Don't start with the usual crap, these evictees and any priced-outs are both victims of the bankster elite, in-fights among commoners is exactly what the elite loves so we don't blame them.

Anyway, there are no priced-outs in Ireland anymore, thanks to the big HPC they have had over the last few years.

---

Edited by awake_eagle, 26 February 2012 - 01:32 AM.

Owe no man anything but to love one another.
[Romans 13:8]
>>Thrive: What On Earth Will It Take? << - Must see movie! (click to watch on youtube)
Description from IMDB ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2063834/ ):
"An unconventional documentary that lifts the veil on what's really going on in our world by following the money upstream - uncovering the global consolidation of power in nearly every aspect of our lives. Weaving together breakthroughs in science, consciousness and activism, THRIVE offers real solutions, empowering us with unprecedented and bold strategies for reclaiming our lives and our future."

#13 Venger

Venger

HPC Great Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

Anyway, there are no priced-outs in Ireland anymore, thanks to the big HPC they have had over the last few years.

There's posters in the NI forum and on the ROI thread priced out. Or not willing to overpay because so many people expect to be let off their mortgage debt.

In 2007 Ben Gilroy got an interest only mortgage with Start Mortgage. For four and a half years he's been paying a whopping two thousand eight hundred euros a month, but now he can't pay any more. He's in arrears for six months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCzte9CnKu8

Upgraded to that house in 2007, happy to buy at the 452,000 Euros asking price. Put in 150,000 Euros of his own money, or 'profit' from the house he sold. Borrowed 310,000 Euros going with a really expensive subprime broker with a 650 PER WEEK mortgage, so he could get the house he wanted. Had missed payments on his small mortgage previously so explains that's the reason he had to go with a subprime lender. Not concerned with the high price of the house he wanted. He just wanted it. Probably expecting the HPI party to continue. Now wanting to prevent all those who acted as stupidly with debt having to deal with consequences, allowing house prices to become more affordable for people who didn't join the buying frenzy at ridiculous high prices.

Edited by Venger, 26 February 2012 - 02:33 AM.

#14 Ned Coates

Ned Coates

HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

Who are the Irish bank bond holders..........No suprises there for me but enjoy the kn*b getting toasted by the interviewer

#15 Ned Coates

Ned Coates

HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

It's no surprise the you tube rating system was scrapped when you see clips like this.

The 1% don't want this sort of info being seen by large numbers of the plebs. They might get idea's :)

Edited by Ned Coates, 26 February 2012 - 08:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users