Photo
- - - - -

David Miliband Paid £70,000 For Just Three Days' Work Advising Venture Capitalists Investing In 'green' Technology

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 erranta

erranta

Knows he doesn't know

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  • About Me:Too old for another mortgage

- fighting slavery and serfdom by despotic 'false' leaders of mock-democracy, their mega-corps and corporatism for the next ignorant generation

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Exactly. I'm sure this case is totally above board. :-)

However I hear that very rarely business can pay for more access than the rest of us. Asynchronous payment. It's not a bribe if you pay someone for their "in depth experience" and then everyone walks away. Then later when you need a favour that's "completely unrelated" you can rely on your good friend <insert_politician_here/>.

Wot like hinting at semi-secret Uk Govt "future plans" so the 'old boy' network can vulturise and buy into companies that would profit and grow from these future policies?

Just like Worlds Billionaires flooded into funding early fledgling Solar companies (that were falsely supported with Trillions of Taxpayer Dollars/Pounds pushing shares right up! B)

When the Govt "False Subsidy" support was withdrawn - the solar scammers immediately went bust

Bit of light thrown on that obvious 'Greeny' scam (snotcricket or a level playing field)

Edited by erranta, 25 February 2012 - 09:51 PM.

"The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit." Proverbs Ch18 v.11

Whistle Blow!
You know 'IT' makes sense!

Exploitation & corrupt Government / Elite Rule? They have nowhere to hide if we all EXPOSE their corruption!

"Most propaganda is NOT designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give MORAL COWARDS an excuse not to think at all!"

#17 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,553 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

Of course, Millibands Policies are not influenced at all by this "work".
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#18 R K

R K

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,885 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

policy innovations.

:D

From the Grantley Chapps school of incentives

"The problem with capitalism is that eventually you end up with everyone else's money" RK
"We have now entered The Great Rebalancing 2007-20xx" - RK
"Gold will go to $1000, Silver to $18" - RK August 2011
QE £100bn and build 1m council homes - RK
Carney announces the launch of Empire 2.0 - Rise of the Banksters Oct '13

#19 thod

thod

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

It is more usual to hire the wife of the politician as the consultant to keep distance.

#20 MrPin

MrPin

Mild Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,879 posts
  • About Me:Fount of wisdom, and pinnacle of taste!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

I'm afraid nobody is paying for "advice" from a career politician, since he will know nothing.
More likely they are paying for influence! :blink:
Ignorance can be cured! Stupidity cannot!

#21 geezer466

geezer466

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Location:200 Meters from Probably the Most Famous Prom in the World

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

Seems Ken Livingstone is also quite adept at saying one thing and doing another.

Has squirrelled earnings away in the PLC where he and his wife own 100% of the shares to avoid tax at the higher rate. Yet goes on radio and the TV berating others who do the same.

Ken Livingstone, who has attacked tax avoiders as “rich b-------” who should “not be allowed to vote”, has avoided at least £50,000 in tax by having himself paid through a personal company.
This is the space for the signature thingy.........

#22 bomberbrown

bomberbrown

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

I genuinely couldn't remember the other brothers name till I read the article. i.e. Ed, the labour leader.
In the 1950s Local Authorities built over 200,000 homes per year. In 2004 they built just 133.
Housing - Trends in tenure and cross tenure topics (general)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users