Photo
- - - - -

David Miliband Paid £70,000 For Just Three Days' Work Advising Venture Capitalists Investing In 'green' Technology

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,352 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

http://www.dailymail...technology.html

David Miliband earned a staggering £20,000 a day as an adviser for a company investing in green technology, it has been revealed.

The former Foreign Secretary was paid £70,000 for just three-and-a-half days spent working for VantagePoint CleanTech in California.

The post with the American venture capitalists is the latest in a series of lucrative part-time positions Mr Miliband has taken up since being beaten by his brother in the Labour leadership contest.

Wow, I wonder what brilliant advice he gave for £20k a day!

A 3.5 day working year sounds great to me. We could really get the consumer economy booming if more people had work like this.

I do hope he's doing what's right and spending the money in the UK economy to get the growth we desperately need.

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#2 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,020 posts
  • About Me:Vote LABOURTORY. You have no choice!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

http://www.dailymail...technology.html

Wow, I wonder what brilliant advice he gave for £20k a day!

A 3.5 day working year sounds great to me. We could really get the consumer economy booming if more people had work like this.

I do hope he's doing what's right and spending the money in the UK economy to get the growth we desperately need.

Getting access to the right people in government I guess.

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" ~ David Korten

“To think output and income can be raised by increasing the quantity of money, is like trying to get fat by buying a larger belt” ~ John Maynard Keynes 

#3 Self Employed Youth

Self Employed Youth

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

He does work a 150 hour week...

http://www.thestar.c...ction_1_4233661
Have I not reason to lament what man has mas made of man?

Initially 'Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Formerly Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Unemployed Again Youth'
Hopefully soon to be 'Employed Again Youth' and not long after that I'll be eligible for working tax credits, if not I'll at least get adult rate dole and maybe car insurance will be potentially affordable!

#4 bmf

bmf

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

Exactly. I'm sure this case is totally above board. :-)

However I hear that very rarely business can pay for more access than the rest of us. Asynchronous payment. It's not a bribe if you pay someone for their "in depth experience" and then everyone walks away. Then later when you need a favour that's "completely unrelated" you can rely on your good friend <insert_politician_here/>.

#5 wonderpup

wonderpup

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Yep- it's a safe bet that David Milliband will have some pull in any future labour government- and it probably cheaper to buy him now than it will be then- just a business investment on their part.

Soon we'll have the same situation as the US- where they have the best government money can buy.

#6 Executive Sadman

Executive Sadman

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,303 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

VantagePoint CleanTech in California.

Wonder where they get their money from?

A4e type funding model?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#7 Ulfar

Ulfar

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

I thought David Milliband was an MP and therefore working for the voters. If he wants to do other work then stop being an MP.

This sort of thing stinks and everyone knows it.

#8 200p

200p

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,597 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Ah another glimpse of how the real world works. Money talks.

untitled.PNG

#9 tinker

tinker

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

My head wants to explode!

When stuff like this goes on with non-entities such as DM you soon realise that the world is fundamentally perverse. They take money, shape laws, then get rewarded when they move on.

We should all be doing politics and economics degrees.

#10 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Soon we'll have the same situation as the US- where they have the best government money can buy.

What do you do in your spare time? A bit of angling?

Well I'm not falling for it.

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#11 leicestersq

leicestersq

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

Green technology needs taxpayers money to make it profitable. Therefore you need to grease the palms of corrupt politicians.

#12 homeless

homeless

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

a little probing.

this company is the owner of about 50 hi-tec and enviro type and security product companies based all over the world. its a private company with over 4 billion invested, no idea who the backers are.

they have only one company in the uk

SolarCentury

SolarCentury is Europe’s leading building integrated solar company, with commercial installations generating 9.5 MW of electricity every year.
London, England

do you think milliband was givig 70k to push to stop the removal of solar subsidies or push solar power in the uk???

i took a look at solarcentury

the supply schools and the public sector

just now they have a campaign on their website

SIGN NOW - Ask David Cameron to back solar

Our second legal victory is great news, but the Government looks set to appeal once more.
To avoid delay and more uncertainty, FoE is calling for Cameron to accept the ruling and get on with creating solar jobs.

#13 homeless

homeless

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

the reason they hired him was

He was recruited to advise the company's investment team on international opportunities and policy innovations.

how the f%$^ would he know more than the companies investment team about the companies own products lol. This is theft and robbery and cheating, its just so hard to prove this fact, allways watered down as a consultant or advisor, load of sh%^ he knows nothing of what this company is about or can achieve and certainly after 3 days ill advised to suggest anything to them.

he has been paid to push their products in parliment and the civil service ect.

and you milliband can sue me for calling you a thief and cheat and scumbag if you want.

see you in court

Edited by homeless, 25 February 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#14 MrPin

MrPin

Mild Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,121 posts
  • About Me:Fount of wisdom, and pinnacle of taste!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Thank Goodness, politicians are neither wasting either their time or our money! :unsure:
Ignorance can be cured! Stupidity cannot!

#15 homeless

homeless

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

:lol:

You really do have to love the star, don't you! :rolleyes:

looking at the mail article it seems he made half his huge salary for about 20 days work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users