SarahBell

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,065 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

No viewings – Mortgagee not in possession therefore no keys/access available

http://www.rightmove...y-33179977.html

Went to auction I think a while ago. Didn't sell.
A substantial three storey premise which has been extended and is understood to be Grade II listed although buyers are advised to make their own enquiries. The property is believed to consist of a retail/showroom to the ground floor with up to eight bedsits and one self contained flats to the first and second floor.
Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

#2 pyracantha

pyracantha

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

The property is believed to consist of a retail/showroom to the ground floor with up to eight bedsits and one self contained flats to the first and second floor.

The don't even know what they are selling?!

#3 Mrs Bear

Mrs Bear

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,907 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

No viewings – Mortgagee not in possession therefore no keys/access available

http://www.rightmove...y-33179977.html

Went to auction I think a while ago. Didn't sell.
A substantial three storey premise which has been extended and is understood to be Grade II listed although buyers are advised to make their own enquiries. The property is believed to consist of a retail/showroom to the ground floor with up to eight bedsits and one self contained flats to the first and second floor.

'No viewings' doesn't seem to put off some of the HUTH punters. Time and again someone who hasn't set foot inside the front door has bought a place. Sometimes they've come to bid on something else, been outbid, and thought, well, since we're here.... No details but the very basics, no legal pack, nothing.

To be fair to the presenters (goes against the grain, I know) they do usually throw a polite sort of fit and point out what an incredibly daft and expensive mistake this can be.

#4 satch

satch

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,618 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

'No viewings' doesn't seem to put off some of the HUTH punters. Time and again someone who hasn't set foot inside the front door has bought a place. Sometimes they've come to bid on something else, been outbid, and thought, well, since we're here.... No details but the very basics, no legal pack, nothing.

To be fair to the presenters (goes against the grain, I know) they do usually throw a polite sort of fit and point out what an incredibly daft and expensive mistake this can be.

But it always works out good in the end ... these canny investors all have an offer to 'rent it out until the market recovers' for more than the EA's estimated rent.
George Osborne July 2013; 'I don't think in the current environment a house price bubble is going to emerge in 18 months or three years.' Mark Carney September 2013; ' ... there has been an improvement in prices and activity (talking about the housing market) Osborne to cabinet as quoted in the Indie October 2013; "Hopefully we will get a little housing boom & everyone will be happy"

Osborne says; Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed.

George Osborne December 2008; Savers and pensioners are the forgotten victims They are innocent bystanders and its simply not good enough for the Government to walk on by."

In his 1997 Budget speech, Gordon Brown said, "I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future". He went on to say that he did not want a return to "instability, speculation and negative equity" of the 1980's and 1990's.

#5 Mrs Bear

Mrs Bear

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,907 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

But it always works out good in the end ... these canny investors all have an offer to 'rent it out until the market recovers' for more than the EA's estimated rent.

Not quite always - non-standard construction, a lot more work than they'd expected, all taking a lot longer and costing far more than they'd bargained for, hefty payments going out and nothing coming in for months.
Sometimes years.
Of course they always put the best possible spin on it, but hardened old sceptics like moi can easily read between the lines.

#6 satch

satch

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,618 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Not quite always - non-standard construction, a lot more work than they'd expected, all taking a lot longer and costing far more than they'd bargained for, hefty payments going out and nothing coming in for months.
Sometimes years.
Of course they always put the best possible spin on it, but hardened old sceptics like moi can easily read between the lines.

But many others can't, and all they see is some pompous 'property developer' saying that although the EA recommends trying to get 600 per month rent they have already got someone who will pay 750 .... and then when they sell ... of course that's profit of 50,000 .... before expenses and costs ... but they haven't actually sold, they have an 'offer' probably from a mate so the program has a happy ending, we all love happy endings.
George Osborne July 2013; 'I don't think in the current environment a house price bubble is going to emerge in 18 months or three years.' Mark Carney September 2013; ' ... there has been an improvement in prices and activity (talking about the housing market) Osborne to cabinet as quoted in the Indie October 2013; "Hopefully we will get a little housing boom & everyone will be happy"

Osborne says; Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed.

George Osborne December 2008; Savers and pensioners are the forgotten victims They are innocent bystanders and its simply not good enough for the Government to walk on by."

In his 1997 Budget speech, Gordon Brown said, "I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future". He went on to say that he did not want a return to "instability, speculation and negative equity" of the 1980's and 1990's.

#7 tiremola

tiremola

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

Had a look at this on Google street view. It was a bathroom supplies shop and depot, on a main road. I have never been to Failsworth anyone?

The building itself looks 1820-1840s in its construction, roofline and proportions. If the floor above has been converted into small bedsits, they might be very grotty. There is the dead-end of a canal or something like it across the road.

I expect the building itself it has massive dry rot, or something equally catastrophic, which would account for the very low price, plus of course, the listing. It looks doomed.

#8 Saving For a Space Ship

Saving For a Space Ship

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Had a look at this on Google street view. It was a bathroom supplies shop and depot, on a main road. I have never been to Failsworth anyone?

The building itself looks 1820-1840s in its construction, roofline and proportions. If the floor above has been converted into small bedsits, they might be very grotty. There is the dead-end of a canal or something like it across the road.

I expect the building itself it has massive dry rot, or something equally catastrophic, which would account for the very low price, plus of course, the listing. It looks doomed.

shush..you've just trebled the value ! ;)

with words like 'Failsworth' and in the photo ' All Blindz', something is telling me to stay away

#9 SarahBell

SarahBell

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,065 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

The canal goes underneath the road to the basin area where they have a festival in the summer. It's got a bar on one side.

The little road behind goes to the 'gypsy' camp on the canal bank.

It is right opposite the new library though (not updated on the streetview) next to which there is now an aldi and some new shops and soon to be a kfc.
Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

#10 jonb

jonb

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

1330250821[/url]' post='3271057']
The canal goes underneath the road to the basin area where they have a festival in the summer. It's got a bar on one side.

The little road behind goes to the 'gypsy' camp on the canal bank.

It is right opposite the new library though (not updated on the streetview) next to which there is now an aldi and some new shops and soon to be a kfc.

Vibrant up and coming area. Great potential for capital gains ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users