14 replies to this topic

#1 guitarman001

guitarman001

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Anybody hear Kuenssberg last night when talking about the bank losses? She said the economy was down due to weak banks and flat house prices. That is all.

#2 guitarman001

guitarman001

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

In fact she also spoke about how they were trying to get rid of toxic assets on their balance sheets... wonder what those could be?

#3 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,474 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Of course, the economy rises when houses are bought and sold...we have banking turnover, furniture, decorating, flowers etc etc...all seeded from housing.

What she was in effect saying, from what you say, is that we need to get banks lending again.

They NEVER mention just how we got here.

And of course, getting rid of toxic assets means the banks eating their investments themselves, because no-one except the feds are buying....

She is saying that others, and by that I mean other mugs, should help the banks by taking the toxic crap and buying it up...that would free the banks to lend again...except of course, the borrowers themselves wouldnt be able to as they would now have the toxic crap to sort out and asking for help from your bank would receive a blank..Madoffesque type shrug of the shoulders.

Who is Kuenssberg?

Edited by Bloo Loo, 25 February 2012 - 10:55 AM.

WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#4 eric pebble

eric pebble

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,809 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Of course, the economy rises when houses are bought and sold...we have banking turnover, furniture, decorating, flowers etc etc...all seeded from housing.

What she was in effect saying, from what you say, is that we need to get banks lending again.

They NEVER mention just how we got here.

Yup --- it is deeply depressing. The Elephant continues to sit in the Room -- getting bigger and bigger -- and STILL the BBC pretends it isn't there...... This is down to the fact that many of the over-paid BBC types are BTL Meisters...... They played [and continue to play] a major role in House Price Ramping --- just look at those house price ramping shows STILL ON the tv morning after after morning -- and afternoon & evenings....

The BBC have been acting as a VI House Price Ramping Machine for YEARS. :angry:

-----------
Edit: The ONLY ONE example of the BBC telling it like it is is laid out below.....

Note: Michael Robinson - who made that superb documentary on Mortgage Fraud way back in 2003 - [SEE BELOW!!} - is now not with the BBC - and The Money Programme is now made and presented by Blue Peter numpties.... :rolleyes:

Michael Robinson was effectively SACKED for telling the truth... Daring to point to the Elephant in the Room -- [SEE BELOW].

Edited by eric pebble, 25 February 2012 - 11:00 AM.

What the media today are still not telling us in full - for some reason the lid is being kept on the whole story:
HERE IN THE UK: THE UK SUB-PRIME CATASTROPHE - IT IS NOT ONLY IN AMERICA!! THE UK LIAR LOAN INDUSTRY - Source of FICTITIOUS "MONEY", and the principle driver of the House "Price" Pyramid/Ponzi Scam & Bubble, the "Credit Crunch" - and an unacknowledged major part of and cause of the ensuing Worldwide Financial Crash.
---------------------
The following was reported in a superb documentary in late 2003 - This is now over 10 years ago!! Since then shamefully little has been done here in the UK by journalists/broadcasters to dig down deep on this story - a vast elephant in the room: Why? If you're a serious journalist - here's your story - start investigating - it is the biggest financial scandal of all time:

THE ARTICLES BELOW ARE FROM AS FAR BACK AS 2003!!

Mortgage customers 'urged to lie' - All this was way back in 2003 by the way!!
Housebuyers are being encouraged to break the law in order to obtain huge mortgages, the BBC has discovered. Brokers, and even banking staff, have been telling buyers to lie about their incomes to get bigger and bigger loans. And these underhand tactics could also be the reason why house prices have gone on rising for so long.
CLICK HERE - http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/3222053.stm

"Could you believe that a bank would invite customers to defraud it? It may sound incredible, but that is what some of Britain's biggest mortgage lenders have in effect been doing."
CLICK HERE - http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/3478635.stm

The BBC Money Programme uncovers massive mortgage fraud [2003!]: BBC TWO's The Money Programme has revealed a huge mortgage fraud with brokers from some of Britain's biggest estate agents and financial advice groups advising customers to break the law and lie about their incomes to get massively bigger mortgages. And it shows how the illicit cash raised by this method has been pouring into the housing market, boosting prices and leaving many people risking financial ruin.
CLICK HERE http://www.bbc.co.uk..._mortgage.shtml

AND READ THIS: - http://www.housepric...howtopic=152508
-----------------------------
WATCH THE VIDEO OF THE 2003/4 DOCUMENTARY HERE: -
Click on parts 2 & 3 as you go along watching this video.
------------------------------
AND WATCH THE LATEST VIDEO OF LIAR LOANS STILL IN ACTION HERE in 2008 - http://news.sky.com/.../20080641317257

#5 tinker

tinker

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

In fact she also spoke about how they were trying to get rid of toxic assets on their balance sheets... wonder what those could be?

I wonder where those toxic assets will end up.

#6 guitarman001

guitarman001

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

I wonder where those toxic assets will end up.

Actually, THAT'S what I was thinking!!

#7 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,100 posts
  • About Me:Smashing it to LibLabCon & the NIMBY's

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

Who is Kuenssberg?

Ex BBC staffer, moved to ITN. Used to tell Rick "Toenails" Nobinson what to say (allegedly)

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" ~ David Korten

“To think output and income can be raised by increasing the quantity of money, is like trying to get fat by buying a larger belt” ~ John Maynard Keynes 

Ignoring ALL UKIP and 'Election' threads on HPC until further notice

#8 Executive Sadman

Executive Sadman

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,576 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Shes a biological teleprompter, nothing more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#9 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,474 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Ex BBC staffer, moved to ITN. Used to tell Rick "Toenails" Nobinson what to say (allegedly)

still none the wiser.

a talking head is who she is I gather.
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you

#10 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,784 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Does she think house prices averaging 1bn each don't represent a problem as long as people can borrow enough?

How much they earn and whether they can afford it or not doesn't matter. It's the credit crunch that caused all the problems innit? We were doing OK until then.....

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#11 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,784 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

still none the wiser.

a talking head is who she is I gather.

Bet you know her now

http://tvnewsroom.co...ura-kuenssberg/

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.

#12 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,784 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

viewer_liaisonc3@itn.co.uk - for comments on our ITV News programmes

Democorruptcy

Governbankment

#13 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,474 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Bet you know her now

I guess I should watch more telly.
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you

#14 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,100 posts
  • About Me:Smashing it to LibLabCon & the NIMBY's

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

Bet you know her now

ccc would Posted Image

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" ~ David Korten

“To think output and income can be raised by increasing the quantity of money, is like trying to get fat by buying a larger belt” ~ John Maynard Keynes 

Ignoring ALL UKIP and 'Election' threads on HPC until further notice

#15 eric pebble

eric pebble

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,809 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

I guess I should watch more telly.

Yup... It's the fount of all wisdom..... :rolleyes: :huh: :blink: Not...
What the media today are still not telling us in full - for some reason the lid is being kept on the whole story:
HERE IN THE UK: THE UK SUB-PRIME CATASTROPHE - IT IS NOT ONLY IN AMERICA!! THE UK LIAR LOAN INDUSTRY - Source of FICTITIOUS "MONEY", and the principle driver of the House "Price" Pyramid/Ponzi Scam & Bubble, the "Credit Crunch" - and an unacknowledged major part of and cause of the ensuing Worldwide Financial Crash.
---------------------
The following was reported in a superb documentary in late 2003 - This is now over 10 years ago!! Since then shamefully little has been done here in the UK by journalists/broadcasters to dig down deep on this story - a vast elephant in the room: Why? If you're a serious journalist - here's your story - start investigating - it is the biggest financial scandal of all time:

THE ARTICLES BELOW ARE FROM AS FAR BACK AS 2003!!

Mortgage customers 'urged to lie' - All this was way back in 2003 by the way!!
Housebuyers are being encouraged to break the law in order to obtain huge mortgages, the BBC has discovered. Brokers, and even banking staff, have been telling buyers to lie about their incomes to get bigger and bigger loans. And these underhand tactics could also be the reason why house prices have gone on rising for so long.
CLICK HERE - http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/3222053.stm

"Could you believe that a bank would invite customers to defraud it? It may sound incredible, but that is what some of Britain's biggest mortgage lenders have in effect been doing."
CLICK HERE - http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/3478635.stm

The BBC Money Programme uncovers massive mortgage fraud [2003!]: BBC TWO's The Money Programme has revealed a huge mortgage fraud with brokers from some of Britain's biggest estate agents and financial advice groups advising customers to break the law and lie about their incomes to get massively bigger mortgages. And it shows how the illicit cash raised by this method has been pouring into the housing market, boosting prices and leaving many people risking financial ruin.
CLICK HERE http://www.bbc.co.uk..._mortgage.shtml

AND READ THIS: - http://www.housepric...howtopic=152508
-----------------------------
WATCH THE VIDEO OF THE 2003/4 DOCUMENTARY HERE: -
Click on parts 2 & 3 as you go along watching this video.
------------------------------
AND WATCH THE LATEST VIDEO OF LIAR LOANS STILL IN ACTION HERE in 2008 - http://news.sky.com/.../20080641317257

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users