26 replies to this topic

#1 The Generation Game

The Generation Game

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

I was looking at the top posters link and noticed Injin (top poster) has 40,000 posts dead. I've also noticed he's not been around a few days.

Are we witnessing an exercise in iron willpower?

Willpower doesn't exist. Only states exist.

#2 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,360 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

At 40,000 posts you turn into an orb of enlightenment and ascend to a new form of being.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#3 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,604 posts
  • About Me:Vote LABOURTORY. You have no choice!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

I was looking at the top posters link and noticed Injin (top poster) has 40,000 posts dead. I've also noticed he's not been around a few days.

Are we witnessing an exercise in iron willpower?

Oh God you mean there is an actual link to a list of saddo's with no life? Posted Image

Then again if I learned how to use multiquote, my count would be far less.

I'll take comfort in that my posts are one or two liners, and not huge great essays on economics, money and money is debt, and all that "mean reversion" stuff.

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" - David Korten

"The real tragedy is not whether lib lab or con will win but that one of them will" - Sir Harold m

#4 7 Year Itch

7 Year Itch

My member's title is Rodney.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,303 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

He realised a duckqit like me was starting to agree with him so ran off in fear.

I tried to stop at 5,000 posts but got it utterly ******ing wrong

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#5 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,604 posts
  • About Me:Vote LABOURTORY. You have no choice!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

I have come to terms with my HPC addiction. And it's dwindling. Today's been a big posting day (bored), but sometimes I barely look at the place for a week.

Truthfully, I think that the site will have virtually no traffic when we finally hit bottom. By then everyone will have totally lost interest in property. You can feel it starting already.

But this is OT. I digress...

You know you are overdoing it when you can see your username on nearly every post in the "last post info" column on the front page.

That is when the rest of board is quietening down and not keeping up with you and its time do something else, like make a cup of tea....or get involved in an argument on Facebook. Seems to be happening more and more these days.

If Injins gone or retired I wish him well, I'm glad he's done it silently, and just stopped posting and visiting. That is the way to go. I hate these attention seeking flounces where people announce they are leaving.

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" - David Korten

"The real tragedy is not whether lib lab or con will win but that one of them will" - Sir Harold m

#6 Charlie The Tramp Returns

Charlie The Tramp Returns

EU Troll Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • About Me:Originally joined the Forum on 30 October 2003

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

I was looking at the top posters link and noticed Injin (top poster) has 40,000 posts dead. I've also noticed he's not been around a few days.Are we witnessing an exercise in iron willpower?

He has collected his bonus and if off on a spending spree. ;)
I have been studying the European Economic Community which became the European Community and finally becoming the European Union since the 1st January 1973. As each year passed the stench of corruption, financial recklessness, and Dictatorship has got totally out of control.

In an interview,( on holiday in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Davos ) the Liberal Democrat leader was asked whether he was in charge while the Prime Minister was away from Britain travelling in the Middle East. Sipping from a mug marked “Deputy Prime Minister,” he said: “Yeah, I suppose I am. I forgot about that.( Proves what a total berk he is )

Cameron must learn the basic rule in politics and life ( Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion ) and Miliband with no direct British Lineage should dig a hole and disappear down it.

Is Nicholarse Elcleggski ( 25% British ) insane? Who, in their right mind would willingly appease the French and Germans?

In our Country today THE TRUTH MUST NEVER BE SPOKEN, I will leave you all with your very bleak future as I will be gone.

The Lib/Dems who over the years have supported the demise of the moral and accepted standards we were all brought up to respect. The party who would lead us the way of the Ancient Greek and Roman Empires. We can Add David Cameron and Ed Miliband as Leaders of their parties who are heading for the buffers

#7 pl1

pl1

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

Poster called converted lurker stopped when his post count hit 9,999

http://www.housepric...howtopic=126411

When an old topic is bumped you suddenly realise how many people have left.

Ken Ichikawa, Remember him?

#8 Saving For a Space Ship

Saving For a Space Ship

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

At 40K it's time for the 'Carousel' in Injin's Run.

Help to Buoy (up the market) for sellers & lemmings
---------------------
The Next Generation..Where did you boldly go?
---------------------
How NOT to bid at a property auction (Scousenfraude)
---------------------
How to build my dream house that has very low heating bills

#9 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,360 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSUAAKFLoL0

I'm going to do a runner at 39,999 and shag Jenny Agutter.

Posted Image
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#10 Traktion

Traktion

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

I have come to terms with my HPC addiction. And it's dwindling. Today's been a big posting day (bored), but sometimes I barely look at the place for a week.

Truthfully, I think that the site will have virtually no traffic when we finally hit bottom. By then everyone will have totally lost interest in property. You can feel it starting already.

But this is OT. I digress...

I know what you mean. I think HPC should re-brand at some point. It would be a shame for a relatively diverse forum to disappear.

It's easy to find forums of specific interests, but HPC seems to encompass rather a lot.
Hayek: Denationalisation of Money - Competing, alternative currencies and breaking the money monopolies.
Bitcoin - Free market, distributed, open source, e-currency.
Against Intellectual Monopoly - Stop the rent seeking through legal monopoly.
Freedomain Radio - Philosophical commentary and debate.
Khan Academy - Free market education, funded by voluntary donations.
Community Land Licencing - A distributed, non-state, alternative to land value taxation.

#11 JustYield

JustYield

Benevolent Despot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,516 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

I've had Injin on ignore for a long time but often choose to see his posts anyway.

I did an experiment a month or so ago to guess his age - and he was kind enough to confirm that the weighted average results of the poll gave the correct answer. He was both older and younger than I expected. B)

Poll: how old is Injin?

#12 'Bart'

'Bart'

I live on HPC!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,421 posts
  • About Me:Mad as hell

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

At 40,000 posts you turn into an orb of enlightenment and ascend to a new form of being.

Something to look forward to. :lol:

Not as much fun as the Michael York version.

INJIN: Renewal does not exist, lifeclocks are subjective, those Sandmen do not exist, neither do their heavy rubber truncheons (ow!, ow!, ow! This searing pain does not exist).

Pretty rubbish isn't it?

Even worse, in this version, Jenny Agutter does not exist! :o

#13 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,360 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

Even worse, in this version, Jenny Agutter does not exist! :o

Wash your mouth out with soap.

#14 The Generation Game

The Generation Game

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

It's a shame that the original uncut version of Logan's run no longer exists. When you think of all the crap that must be stored on data drives today.

#15 'Bart'

'Bart'

I live on HPC!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,421 posts
  • About Me:Mad as hell

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

It's a shame that the original uncut version of Logan's run no longer exists.

With extra nudity in the ice caves?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users