#1 SarahBell

SarahBell

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,314 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

http://www.landlordt...ng-of-landlords

A council is considering naming and shaming private landlords who have been issued with enforcement notices to improve their properties.

East Staffordshire Borough Council says it has 250 complaints a year and is considering the plans in a bid to improve the quality of the private rented sector. It is also considering asking tenants to self-assess their properti

Would be interesting to do a FOI on how many complaints about landlords council recieve each year. Suspect many are ill set up for dealing with them.
Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

#2 Wurzel Of Highbridge

Wurzel Of Highbridge

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,910 posts
  • About Me:What I find I keep.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

I thought about starting a website something like 'rate a landlord . com'

You get the idea, disgruntled tenants get to put their experience against a property. It could work from a post code / house name&number database.

What do you think? Obviously it would be better run in the private sector....
  • I don't believe that there can be sustainable asset inflation when there is underlying wage deflation.
  • No matter what you choose to do in life, choose to do what you are best at and be the best you can be.
  • Everyone is a vested interest and everything is rigged.
  • Sometimes bubble dynamics just end, people stop believing and what was once a virtuous cycle suddenly morphs into vicious one.
  • The real value goes beyond the money.

I have come to realize that there is widespread belief in a 2015 global recovery.At this point in June 2013 is clear that there will be no recovery in 2015, central bankers have run out of tools to patch over the structural problems and the can can no longer be kicked.As we approach 2015 it will be clear that the emperor has no clothes and there will be an economic crash that makes 2009 look trivial.Note: I was wrong on 2nd May 2012 12:00 - London Top called prediction of London will fall by >10% in 12 months.

#3 tomandlu

tomandlu

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

I thought about starting a website something like 'rate a landlord . com'

You get the idea, disgruntled tenants get to put their experience against a property. It could work from a post code / house name&number database.

What do you think? Obviously it would be better run in the private sector....

I think you'd get the **** sued off you.
Buy my book "All the Way Home"

#4 Wurzel Of Highbridge

Wurzel Of Highbridge

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

Obsequiously run anonymously from India.
  • I don't believe that there can be sustainable asset inflation when there is underlying wage deflation.
  • No matter what you choose to do in life, choose to do what you are best at and be the best you can be.
  • Sometimes bubble dynamics just end, people stop believing and what was once a virtuous cycle suddenly morphs into vicious one.

I have come to realize that there is widespread belief in a 2015 global recovery.At this point in June 2013 is clear that there will be no recovery in 2015, central bankers have run out of tools to patch over the structural problems and the can can no longer be kicked.As we approach 2015 it will be clear that the emperor has no clothes and there will be an economic crash that makes 2009 look trivial.Note: I was wrong on 2nd May 2012 12:00 - London Top called prediction of London will fall by >10% in 12 months.

#5 Wurzel Of Highbridge

Wurzel Of Highbridge

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

Just done a search, seems that the market for this type of site is already saturated. Oh well..

#6 PopGun

PopGun

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Just done a search, seems that the market for this type of site is already saturated. Oh well..

Yes, I noticed twatadvisor.net was taken.
"the remarkable result is that under Mrs Thatcher from 1979-90, just as under Tony Blair from 1997-2007, the real value of Housing Equity Withdrawal is larger than the real value of GDP growth"

#7 porca misèria

porca misèria

Porcine Aviation Enterprises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,833 posts
  • About Me:pig

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'd consider ratemyneighbour even more useful.

A bad neighbour (especially a noisy one) can do much more than a landlord to make your life hell. And is usually harder to detect when you view a place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users