- - - - -

Britain's 'mickey Mouse' Border Controls Let 500,000 Into The Country Without Any Checks For Five Years

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,327 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

All those Eurodisneyers unchecked....god, we were at soooooo much risk.

I suggest cavity searches for everyone laeving and entering these islands...I mean, how else are we going to attract top terrorists bankers like Strauss kahn?
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#2 JustYield

JustYield

Ladder denier.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

What's the process for those who arrive illegally to subsequently settle in the UK?

#3 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,936 posts
  • About Me:Vote LABOURTORY. You have no choice!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

The UK Border agency is doing its job fine. Its designed to let anyone and anything in, and thats still government policy regardless of what they say. The government never changed in 2010, we just got a change of actors.

Edited by "Steed", 21 February 2012 - 10:48 AM.

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" ~ David Korten

“To think output and income can be raised by increasing the quantity of money, is like trying to get fat by buying a larger belt” ~ John Maynard Keynes 

#4 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,327 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

What's the process for those who arrive illegally to subsequently settle in the UK?

first they spend a week at Eurodisney, to get acclimatised to our economics system, then they arrive in St Pancreas and register at the nearest Job centre plus for coffee and biscuits and schedule of mansion viewings and how to arrange tickets for the extended family to arrive.
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you

#5 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

At least we can be sure that Micky Mouse didn't get in.

#6 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,327 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

At least we can be sure that Micky Mouse didn't get in.

Of course not, he has a full time job and pays tax.
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you

#7 tomandlu

tomandlu

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

Having just got back from Paris last Friday, it would appear that the system isn't even designed to enable thorough checking.

By which I mean that the checks were fairly thorough when we went through, but the facilities were inadequate for the volume of travellers. Our train was about 20 mins late leaving GdN and it's hard to imagine how they can ever leave on time when full checks are carried out.
Buy my book "All the Way Home"

#8 DeepLurker

DeepLurker

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

first they spend a week at Eurodisney, to get acclimatised to our economics system, then they arrive in St Pancreas and register at the nearest Job centre plus for coffee and biscuits and schedule of mansion viewings and how to arrange tickets for the extended family to arrive.

You'd make a great hack at the Daily Mail.
Food, shelter; both are basic necessities of life.
If you call out for cheaper food, you are a saint.
If you call out for cheaper shelter, you are ostracised, ridiculed, even your partners and family feel slightly ashamed of you.

#9 R K

R K

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

How many people did these 500,000 daily mail 'terrorists' kill?

#justsaying

"The problem with capitalism is that eventually you end up with everyone else's money" RK
"We have now entered The Great Rebalancing 2007-20xx" - RK
"Gold will go to $1000, Silver to $18" - RK August 2011
QE 100bn and build 1m council homes - RK
Carney announces the launch of Empire 2.0 - Rise of the Banksters Oct '13

#10 JustYield

JustYield

Ladder denier.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

:lol:

But seriously, once here (in the UK) how can they stay indefinitely? I can't imagine life under constant threat of deportation, so I was wondering how common it really is.

#11 Big Orange

Big Orange

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

How many people did these 500,000 daily mail 'terrorists' kill?

#justsaying

Yeah, only a tiny minority amongst half a million people will have criminal tendencies, and the majority of UK "terrorists" so-far seem to be either angry unemployed loud mouths (like a lot of people here :lol: ) or inept would be mass killers with poor social skills. You're more likely to be run over by a bus than blown up in one.

But the hypocritical French authorities, "herding" their immigrants they can't handle towards Dover, have a lot to answer for. <_<

#12 leicestersq

leicestersq

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

:lol:

But seriously, once here (in the UK) how can they stay indefinitely? I can't imagine life under constant threat of deportation, so I was wondering how common it really is.

Very common. Too many to deport, the press would jump up and down about human rights and our courts would clog up if you tried. Instead there is a unannounced amnesty, stay here long enough, and you get unlimited leave to remain.

#13 leicestersq

leicestersq

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

The problem is, the borders cannot be defended.

Instead we need a citizens id database. You set it up, then add children at birth if parents are UK citizens. Other than that, you only get added if you apply to come here legally, and then go through a process of naturalization.

All those entering the UK illegally, should be deported with no appeal. Use the id system to grant the right to come here, and update it at the port when someone arrives.

And if someone doesn't check out at a port before their right to remain is over, pick em up and deport them.

#14 GinAndPlatonic

GinAndPlatonic

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

And if someone doesn't check out at a port before their right to remain is over, pick em up and deport them.

We need a whole new army of public sector workers for this....yes lets..
Jack Palance: "Do you know what the secret of life is? One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that and everything else don't mean shit."
Billy Crystal: "Yeah, but what's that one thing?"
Jack Palance: "That's what you've got to figure out."

#15 vodkalondon

vodkalondon

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Unless they marry a UK or EU citizen, just one. ILR under Long Residence rule allows those who arrived illegally and managed to avoid being caught for 14 years to apply for settlement. Those with criminal record are normally refused. Of course, there is always a magic spell called "Human Rights", but it will get much tougher as the legal aid will no longer be granted for immigration.

Keeping a low profile for 14 years is pretty tough as a single encounter with authorities may lead to a criminal record.

The number of illegal entrants is extremely low, immigrants usually come as tourists or students and then illegally STAY.

For those who come or stay illegally and hope to settle the first thing to do is "lose" one's passport as there's no way to deport someone whose origin is unknown. As every single entrant is now getting their fingerprints scanned, this will only work for those who entered 5 or more years ago. If, despite the "lost" paperwork, the details are found in the database, the next stage is to appeal to human rights and file for asylum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users