Photo
- - - - -

Rightmove Asking Price Index Out Tomorrow (Mon)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 mrpleasant

mrpleasant

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

Mortgage broker friend (South East) complains Feb has been his worst month EVER - £zer0. Any panic to beat the stamp duty holiday has probably fallen out of the figures and we had a fall last month anyway. Having said that, I've seen a couple of properties come on in recent weeks (Cardiff) for beyond-stupid asking prices. (There's 'trying it on' and there's barking.) Without looking at previous Febs, I'd guess it's one of those months that always sees a rise and I'm preparing myself for such.

#2 satch

satch

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Mortgage broker friend (South East) complains Feb has been his worst month EVER - £zer0. Any panic to beat the stamp duty holiday has probably fallen out of the figures and we had a fall last month anyway. Having said that, I've seen a couple of properties come on in recent weeks (Cardiff) for beyond-stupid asking prices. (There's 'trying it on' and there's barking.) Without looking at previous Febs, I'd guess it's one of those months that always sees a rise and I'm preparing myself for such.

easy to call +1.5% at least guaranteed 100%
George Osborne July 2013; 'I don't think in the current environment a house price bubble is going to emerge in 18 months or three years.' Mark Carney September 2013; ' ... there has been an improvement in prices and activity (talking about the housing market) Osborne to cabinet as quoted in the Indie October 2013; "Hopefully we will get a little housing boom & everyone will be happy"

Osborne says; “Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed.”

George Osborne December 2008; “Savers and pensioners are the forgotten victims … They are innocent bystanders and it’s simply not good enough for the Government to walk on by."

In his 1997 Budget speech, Gordon Brown said, "I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future". He went on to say that he did not want a return to "instability, speculation and negative equity" of the 1980's and 1990's.

#3 kev-all-in

kev-all-in

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

It's the 'spring bounce' innit.... :lol:

blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

#4 Asheron

Asheron

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • About Me:As an investor, you know that any kind of investment opportunity has its risks, and investing in Stocks or Precious Metals is highly speculative. All of the content I post is for informational purposes only.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

95% mortgages are back ?
Max Keiser --- http://maxkeiser.com/
Peter David Schiff --- http://www.europac.net/
Gerald Celente --- http://www.geraldcelente.com/
Jim Rogers --- http://www.jimrogers.com/
Bob Chapman --- http://www.theintern...om/Bob_Chapman/

Investors should abide by money management principals & never risk more than they can afford to lose.
There are No guarantees when investing in the Stock Market or Precious Metals. You might lose all your money and cry.

#5 lurker07

lurker07

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Asking prices are irrelevant.
Flipper is a dolphin.

#6 Pent Up

Pent Up

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

Yep, this index is a waste of time. It only dropped about 6% at the worst other than that it's been roughly the same since 07.
Remember that buying a house is a highly leveraged investment and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit. Buying a house may not be suitable for everyone, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

"The time to buy is when blood is running in the streets" Baron Nathan Rothschild

#7 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,764 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

+5.3%

(Feels like my area contributed most to the rise)

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#8 Northern Ruck

Northern Ruck

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Was a big jump last February that will fall out of the numbers.(+3.10 % to £230,030)
YOY change should bomb to -2.6% even if they say this month was flat and prices stay around £224,000 Posted Image Asking prices that is.Posted Image

Could cause some nice headlines tomorrow, but only if Greece situation doesn't go boom !!

#9 NEO72

NEO72

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

easy to call +1.5% at least guaranteed 100%

Agreed. Although, lack of new stock = EAs getting more desperate to win new instructions = even more ludicrous valuations.

A 3 or 4% wouldn't even surprise me - cue Miles telling vendors that they're deluded, fundamentals won't support rises like this etc etc.

#10 rantnrave

rantnrave

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

This index is NOT seasonally adjusted. In the hope of any Spring Bounce (ha ha!) I would expect UP something in the region of 3%.

#11 danlee74

danlee74

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

Always +ve in Feb!!!

2005 +2.3%
2006 +2.7%
2007 +0.9%
2008 +3.2%
2009 +1.2%
2010 +3.2%
2011 +3.1%

In my opinion, anything below 1.2% would be interesting. Also, I remember the previous report where they highlighted a 1.6% increase in two weeks during January. I would not be at all surprised to see a figure around 3% tho - got to keep the public confidence in piles of bricks high :angry: .

#12 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,539 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Always +ve in Feb!!!

2005 +2.3%
2006 +2.7%
2007 +0.9%
2008 +3.2%
2009 +1.2%
2010 +3.2%
2011 +3.1%

In my opinion, anything below 1.2% would be interesting. Also, I remember the previous report where they highlighted a 1.6% increase in two weeks during January. I would not be at all surprised to see a figure around 3% tho - got to keep the public confidence in piles of bricks high :angry: .

Are these mom then?

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#13 plummet expert

plummet expert

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

I absolutely agree! The only thing that counts is sold prices and transaction numbers. The number of sales going through is fairly low. So many houses come back on with anew agent trying it on again. The difference in price between 'homes that are selling' and the asking prices of 'homes that stay on the shelf' is now very substantial indeed. It is as if 2 markets are apparent. One with a flicker of reality attached and another in the parrallel universe where a few old victorian bricks and a new kitchen= £up to a million pounds in London or even a half million elsewhere.

Spoke to an agent on Friday - looked at a rental which is also for sale - he was strangely loose with info - no interest in the property as a sale atall - 3 viewers for rent - all had put in vastly lower rent offers (30% below asking). So we put in a 25% below rent offer. Lovely house, but half the price to rent than buy. Does that tell you anything? SE

#14 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,329 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

It will be up. The media will latch on to it in a frenzy, as will EAs. It is all meanginless. Banks are lending less and the housing market appears caught up in spin and hype.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#15 danlee74

danlee74

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Are these mom then?

Yes ... http://www.forexfact...hp#chart=40583.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users