Photo
- - - - -

Rightmove Asking Price Index Out Tomorrow (Mon)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 8 year itch

8 year itch

I am not an INTJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,136 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

How is tbe delusion index looking?

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#32 inflating

inflating

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

In July, the BBC asked WTF Are House Prices Not Falling?
http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-14020457

#33 libspero

libspero

Frijolero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,153 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

How is tbe delusion index looking?

Only available up to Jan as the Nationwide data lags the RM data so if the figure is 5 odd percent this month the delusion index won't show it until the NW data is released.
**Usual caveats apply

Posted Image

** Caveats: due to each index making up their own definitions of "average" (geometric/arithmetic etc) as they go along this data is qualitative not quantitative and should be used for comparison/correlation purposes only.

And I tell you we have learned from past mistakes.
Just as you cannot spend your way out of recession, you cannot, in a global economy, simply spend your way through recovery either.

(Gordon Brown, Labour Party Annual Conference, 29 September 1997)

So, housing affordability is better than it has ever been, but no-one can take advantage of this because they can't afford the houses. I see.
cybernoid - 7th August 2010

Gambling promises the poor what property promises the rich - something for nothing
George Bernard Shaw

#34 OzzMosiz

OzzMosiz

Work to live, don't live to work

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

My next door neighbour put his place up for sale 8 weeks ago. It went sold 4 weeks later and now it's completed as he's gone.
Few others sold too on the street, so it looks quite buoyant where I am (Swindon)
WRITE TO YOUR MP @ http://www.writetothem.com/

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

~ Richard Feynman (1918 to 1988)

#35 8 year itch

8 year itch

I am not an INTJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,136 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Only available up to Jan as the Nationwide data lags the RM data so if the figure is 5 odd percent this month the delusion index won't show it until the NW data is released.
**Usual caveats apply

Expect another sharp increase in delusion ont he back of this.

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#36 inflating

inflating

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

My next door neighbour put his place up for sale 8 weeks ago. It went sold 4 weeks later and now it's completed as he's gone.
Few others sold too on the street, so it looks quite buoyant where I am (Swindon)

Good price?

Not far from where I am, someone put a 4-bed detached bungalow on (Blenheim Chase, SS9, AP £250K) and it seems to have sold in 2 days, but the asking price was fairly realistic for these days, although what the price for that property was in 2005 I don't know. If they're realistic then yes they will sell fast I guess

http://www.nethousep...earchPostcode=1

#37 sign_of_the_times

sign_of_the_times

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

Sale to completion in 4 weeks? Pull the other one......

I liked it when Miles used to post on here, or 'Zorn' as he was known back then ;)
but you find out life isn't like that
its so hard to understand
when the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

#38 Wig

Wig

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Which area was this in? I watch the Swindon market closely (via rightmove) so am interested which EA "sold" actually converted to a real life "sold"

give us a clue I'll guess it in 3 ;)

#39 maffo in oxford

maffo in oxford

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Express headline tomorrow: "HOUSE PRICES SOAR"

#40 Guest_James Toney_*

Guest_James Toney_*

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

Express headline tomorrow: "HOUSE PRICES SOAR"

yes can see it now,

with also about how great it is and at last the housing market has recoverd, and good news all round,

quick buy now before it's too late, you know it makes sense :D

#41 Pent Up

Pent Up

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

In November it was record drops http://www.thisismon...-recession.html

Now it's record rises, highest in 10 years http://online.wsj.co...219-705182.html

It's laughable really, smells a tad fishy

It is supposedly NEW to the market sellers' asking prices

Because this index isn't seasonally adjusted it swings quite widely with the seasons. But overall it has pretty much not moved since peak. Sold prices have fallen but asking prices are as high as ever. Partly due to the majority of sellers actually never selling and giving up, partly because a lot of houses go through several reductions and partly because bigger discounts off the asking price are going through.

All in all this index is a total waste of time other than advertising for rightmove each month.

Edited by Pent Up, 20 February 2012 - 06:44 PM.

Remember that buying a house is a highly leveraged investment and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit. Buying a house may not be suitable for everyone, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

"The time to buy is when blood is running in the streets" Baron Nathan Rothschild

#42 satch

satch

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Because this index isn't seasonally adjusted it swings quite widely with the seasons. But overall it has pretty much not moved since peak. Sold prices have fallen but asking prices are as high as ever. Partly due to the majority of sellers actually never selling and giving up, partly because a lot of houses go through several reductions and partly because bigger discounts off the asking price are going through.

All in all this index is a total waste of time other than advertising for rightmove each month.

Agree, it is an INITIAL asking price; eg 450k (appears in the index in June), down to 399k, down to 350k, down to 325k in September .... still available in February and still over priced (30% reduction from initial asking price and no sale after five more months, not even an SSTC but contributed to the 'rise' in asking prices last June.
George Osborne July 2013; 'I don't think in the current environment a house price bubble is going to emerge in 18 months or three years.' Mark Carney September 2013; ' ... there has been an improvement in prices and activity (talking about the housing market) Osborne to cabinet as quoted in the Indie October 2013; "Hopefully we will get a little housing boom & everyone will be happy"

Osborne says; “Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed.”

George Osborne December 2008; “Savers and pensioners are the forgotten victims … They are innocent bystanders and it’s simply not good enough for the Government to walk on by."

In his 1997 Budget speech, Gordon Brown said, "I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future". He went on to say that he did not want a return to "instability, speculation and negative equity" of the 1980's and 1990's.

#43 inflating

inflating

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

I did actually see some come new to market a few months ago at humorous prices, but quite a few of them were soon down in price to nearer Earth once they saw they didn't even get one viewer in the door, probably. Come to think of it, I see new to market properties in my Inbox daily at prices that seem very ambitious, but I think they're wasting everybody's time

#44 OzzMosiz

OzzMosiz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Good price?

Not far from where I am, someone put a 4-bed detached bungalow on (Blenheim Chase, SS9, AP £250K) and it seems to have sold in 2 days, but the asking price was fairly realistic for these days, although what the price for that property was in 2005 I don't know. If they're realistic then yes they will sell fast I guess

http://www.nethousep...earchPostcode=1

It was above the price I paid 27 months ago, so chuffed with that, but yes wasn't mentally priced.

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

#45 OzzMosiz

OzzMosiz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

Sale to completion in 4 weeks? Pull the other one......

I liked it when Miles used to post on here, or 'Zorn' as he was known back then ;)

Yes. I put an offer in on my home and completed in 3 weeks, and that's with a trip to Africa inbetween.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users