Photo
- - - - -

Rightmove Asking Price Index Out Tomorrow (Mon)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16 timebandit

timebandit

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Over on MSE they are reporting arise of +4.1%

Average Property Asking Price £233,252 £224,060 Change in Month +4.1% -0.8%% Change in Past Year +1.4% +0.4%M·

Twitter account Join and follow each other

Home Buyers' Strike- Join the group

http://www.facebook....104936389547036

#17 satch

satch

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,766 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

"Joy for Home Owners; Prices to Soar by 48% in 2012."
George Osborne July 2013; 'I don't think in the current environment a house price bubble is going to emerge in 18 months or three years.' Mark Carney September 2013; ' ... there has been an improvement in prices and activity (talking about the housing market) Osborne to cabinet as quoted in the Indie October 2013; "Hopefully we will get a little housing boom & everyone will be happy"

Osborne says; “Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed.”

George Osborne December 2008; “Savers and pensioners are the forgotten victims … They are innocent bystanders and it’s simply not good enough for the Government to walk on by."

In his 1997 Budget speech, Gordon Brown said, "I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future". He went on to say that he did not want a return to "instability, speculation and negative equity" of the 1980's and 1990's.

#18 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,416 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

"Joy for Home Owners; Prices to Soar by 48% in 2012."

We now need to wait for a mathematical genius to tell us that is, in fact, incorrect.

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#19 satch

satch

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,766 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

We now need to wait for a mathematical genius to tell us that is, in fact, incorrect.

It will be in the Daily Excess. 4 x 12 = 48. In fact it may be more with the compounding of the 4%, Get with the program, we are all saved. :lol:
George Osborne July 2013; 'I don't think in the current environment a house price bubble is going to emerge in 18 months or three years.' Mark Carney September 2013; ' ... there has been an improvement in prices and activity (talking about the housing market) Osborne to cabinet as quoted in the Indie October 2013; "Hopefully we will get a little housing boom & everyone will be happy"

Osborne says; “Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed.”

George Osborne December 2008; “Savers and pensioners are the forgotten victims … They are innocent bystanders and it’s simply not good enough for the Government to walk on by."

In his 1997 Budget speech, Gordon Brown said, "I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future". He went on to say that he did not want a return to "instability, speculation and negative equity" of the 1980's and 1990's.

#20 rantnrave

rantnrave

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

Correct
Posted Image

#21 inflating

inflating

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

Asking prices may be skewed upwards by people such as a vendor on RM who is trying to sell an utter dump for £199K that the vendor he bought it from had struggled a year to shift at £160K in 2010/11

These optimists will impact the index.

It's the eventual selling price that matters

In late Jan I saw a lot of asking prices fall anyway after they tried it on, or tried to skew the RM index - let's not forget that some idiotic agents don't realise they are shooting themselves in the foot by talking the market and vendors' expectations up on their forums and Industry mags

#22 sims

sims

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

Interestingly though, London prime areas are nowhere near as positive with K&C at -1.9 and Camden at +0.2 mom.

#23 phead

phead

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:52 AM

LOL, I was going to go for a "greed is good" guess of 5%

The market seems slightly bonkers, there are some things out there at a "reasonable" price, then I find two identical houses next door to each other with a 60K difference.

#24 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,386 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

Good to see home owners sticking together and not letting the lack of sales intimidate them. Another few weeks of this and people will be forced to buy. Sibley would be proud.

#25 inflating

inflating

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

In November it was record drops http://www.thisismon...-recession.html

Now it's record rises, highest in 10 years http://online.wsj.co...219-705182.html

It's laughable really, smells a tad fishy

It is supposedly NEW to the market sellers' asking prices

Prices rose in all regions covered by the survey, the largest was a 6.9% rise in south-east England, followed by a 5.6% increase in northern England over the same period.

#26 RufflesTheGuineaPig

RufflesTheGuineaPig

is fluffy

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,038 posts
  • About Me:I am Ruffles, the destroyer of worlds....

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Trouble is it only takes a few people with unlimited ready cash to believe this and houses start to move at more than their true value.

Fixed.
It's time to pay the piper. There is no magician who will magic away the debt. Someone is going to have to pay it. Bend over and prepare to make payment.

In this glorious nation of ours, if you work hard and keep your head down for 25 years then you too can aspire to own one-eighth of a one bedroom flat in Manchester.

My mum and day always tell me how important it is to save to buy a house. They should know, it took them nearly 6 months to save for theirs. As teenagers, they bought a 3 bed semi.

#27 getknk

getknk

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for digging those numbers up. Illustrates beautifully the complete nonsense that is the Rightmove index.

Notice how the biggest monthly rises have occurred post 07.

A totally deluded and utterly pointless index that doesn't correlate with final selling prices in any way.

I still feel RM index is Ok.. just shows the mentality of sellers !! (apart from that, pure crap)

#28 inflating

inflating

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

It will be up. The media will latch on to it in a frenzy, as will EAs. It is all meanginless. Banks are lending less and the housing market appears caught up in spin and hype.

The WSJ article says more banks are lending 90%
I do hope that even if that is true, the overall lending figure is down - the last thing we need is more QE and credit-fuelled HPI, especially as when the home buyers lose their jobs or find they can't comfortably afford to repay it seems to be Johnny Taxpayer and the beaten up savers rescuing them

#29 Venger

Venger

HPC Saver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

The 4.1% month-on-month increase took the typical asking price of a home on the market to £233,252, according to the property website Rightmove.co.uk.

http://news.sky.com/...rticle/16173390

It's still gutting. ******* low interest rates, SMI, QE and not enough properties on the market.

And no relief on HPC with still too many people feeling sorry for those who bought, instead of being concerned about their own selves.

#30 8 year itch

8 year itch

I am not an INTJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,004 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

http://news.sky.com/home/business/article/16173390

It's still gutting. ******* low interest rates, SMI, QE and not enough properties on the market.

And no relief on HPC with still too many people feeling sorry for those who bought, instead of being concerned about their own selves.

Surprised its only 4% after seeing the houses come on the market locally. Completely detached from reality. House put on a week ago 20% over too high 2010 price getting multiple viewings already. Unbelievable.

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users