2 replies to this topic

#1 NuBrit

NuBrit

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Any thoughts on which provider is the best to go with for a self-directed stock dealing ISA? I don't do much trading, mostly buy and hold, so I don't necessarily want the cheapest dealing costs (e.g. I would rather go with a trusted big name provider). Also, do the provider of stock ISA's deduct dividend interest at source, or do I need to go declaring this independently? Also, do any providers allow you to decide what to do with dividends? For example, can you simply credit your account with cash, can you reinvest the dividends cheaply? Finally, if you do set up an ISA when are the opening/closing dates for adding money for a financial year?

Sorry for the questions, I am a complete newbie to ISA's.

#2 My Name Is ??

My Name Is ??

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

www.hl.co.uk

Yes to all your questions (where applicable), and I believe its the 5th April reset.

#3 Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hargreaves Lansdown are certainly worth considering.

Be aware though that they'll only automatically reinvest share dividends of 200 or more. You'll have to have a pretty chunky fund to be receiving dividends of 200 per stock - or be invested heavily in very few stocks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users