21 replies to this topic

#1 exiges

exiges

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

Friend of mine was telling me today how one of his properties is rented out to a family of Somalians on housing benefit.. He had a call from the tenant asking to be evicted. Yes, asking the landlord to evict her.. Why? She wasnt happy with the fairly substantial house she was getting for nothing from him, no, she wanted bigger and better but could only be rehoused if evicted.. There was a suggestion things wouldn't go well at his property if he didn't play ball.

Edited by exiges, 06 February 2012 - 09:23 PM.

Constant growth the cancerous cure, a swarming race of profiteers ensure cheap cars for the rich, cheap lives for the poor, cheap weeks in the sun, free drinks at the door. Puerile propaganda plugs up the TV, keep folk following the money so they'll never be free.

Bankrupt schools grind out fool after fool then feed them to a system where idiots rule. Polling booths, phone votes, bogus questionnaires, you get a say as if anybody cares. Joe Public doesn't want to play so liquidate his life as he looks the other way.

Should you stand and fight, should you die for what you think is right so your useless contribution will be remembered? If you're asking me I say no, surrender -- Author: Justin Currie - Song video

#2 Ungeared

Ungeared

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • About Me:Let us be thankful for the fools; but for them the rest of us could not succeed.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

You play with fire you get burnt.
The unrest in London is a form of hooliganism by losers who are living in a society which no longer has anything left to offer losers

#3 SarahBell

SarahBell

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,362 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

He should record all conversations wi this family and enquire what they want of him.
And then snitch them up to whoever he can find to listen.

daily wail, housing tam at council locally and the police ..
Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

#4 Joan of The Tower

Joan of The Tower

HPC Shoeboxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,285 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Friend of mine was telling me today how one of his properties is rented out to a family of Somalians on housing benefit.. He had a call from the tenant asking to be evicted. Yes, asking the landlord to evict her.. Why? She wasnt happy with the fairly substantial house she was getting for nothing from him, no, she wanted bigger and better but could only be rehoused if evicted.. There was a suggestion things wouldn't go well at his property if he didn't play ball.

Agree with Sarah, he ought to try his best to get his tenant grassed up.

Look out Dave, you will soon be handing the keys back mate.

The knimbies who say "No" demand..... a sacrifice!
Arthur: Knimbies of No, we are but simple hardworking families who seek affordable housing on the scrubland beyond these woods.
Knimbies of No: No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!
Bedevere: Please stop opposing our reasonable demands!
Knimby of No: We shall say "No" to you... if you do not appease us.
Arthur: Well what is it you want?
Knimby of No: We will allow you to build your precious high density shoeboxes, so long as you do not move so much as....

(pregnant pause)

A SHRUBBERY!!!!

#5 Mr. Piddle

Mr. Piddle

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Agree with Sarah, he ought to try his best to get his tenant grassed up.

+1
Allegedly

#6 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,236 posts
  • About Me:Smashing it to LibLabCon & the NIMBY's

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

He should record all conversations wi this family and enquire what they want of him.
And then snitch them up to whoever he can find to listen.

daily wail, housing tam at council locally and the police ..

Who will promptly turn a blind eye.:blink:

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" ~ David Korten

“To think output and income can be raised by increasing the quantity of money, is like trying to get fat by buying a larger belt” ~ John Maynard Keynes 

Ignoring ALL UKIP and 'Election' threads on HPC until further notice

#7 lurker07

lurker07

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

I smell something
Flipper is a dolphin.

#8 billybong

billybong

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,604 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

Why? She wasnt happy with the fairly substantial house she was getting for nothing from him, no, she wanted bigger and better but could only be rehoused if evicted..

It's not exactly asylum logic (mindset)- but it's getting there.

Edited by billybong, 06 February 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#9 satch

satch

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Don't tell me the rent received is the max allowable on HB as probably no one who actually pays with their own money would pay the same rent. If he evicts he will not get the same rent, if he doesn't there may be some problems. This is the business the LL has chosen. Maybe the LL should have accepted a lower rent from a non HB renter. Sorry no sympathy here.
George Osborne July 2013; 'I don't think in the current environment a house price bubble is going to emerge in 18 months or three years.' Mark Carney September 2013; ' ... there has been an improvement in prices and activity (talking about the housing market) Osborne to cabinet as quoted in the Indie October 2013; "Hopefully we will get a little housing boom & everyone will be happy"

Osborne says; “Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed.”

George Osborne December 2008; “Savers and pensioners are the forgotten victims … They are innocent bystanders and it’s simply not good enough for the Government to walk on by."

In his 1997 Budget speech, Gordon Brown said, "I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future". He went on to say that he did not want a return to "instability, speculation and negative equity" of the 1980's and 1990's.

#10 bergkamp N4

bergkamp N4

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

OP Where in the uk is this house? Are you the owner.

Grassed up????
How will this help anyone she will still be entitled to HB and then they could go to the local authority claim harassment and then get rehoused in a bigger and better place.

The whole system is wrong this particular woman is just playing the game (OP the fact she is Somali is irrevelant)

#11 witsended

witsended

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Story does not add up,woman in private rental wants to be evicted so will be given larger better house by who? Most social housing given out in an emergency is crap at least round here. They are places no one wants,and if you accept them you will never get out of them. Know lots of people in that situation who accepted a place and have spent years trying to get out of what are shite holes.

#12 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,083 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Story does not add up,woman in private rental wants to be evicted so will be given larger better house by who? Most social housing given out in an emergency is crap at least round here. They are places no one wants,and if you accept them you will never get out of them. Know lots of people in that situation who accepted a place and have spent years trying to get out of what are shite holes.

you forget, she is a foreigner.
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#13 exiges

exiges

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

OP Where in the uk is this house? Are you the owner.

The Golders Green area, no I'm not the owner.
Constant growth the cancerous cure, a swarming race of profiteers ensure cheap cars for the rich, cheap lives for the poor, cheap weeks in the sun, free drinks at the door. Puerile propaganda plugs up the TV, keep folk following the money so they'll never be free.

Bankrupt schools grind out fool after fool then feed them to a system where idiots rule. Polling booths, phone votes, bogus questionnaires, you get a say as if anybody cares. Joe Public doesn't want to play so liquidate his life as he looks the other way.

Should you stand and fight, should you die for what you think is right so your useless contribution will be remembered? If you're asking me I say no, surrender -- Author: Justin Currie - Song video

#14 Nationalist

Nationalist

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

She needs to squeeze out another mini-Somali. That will get her a bigger house. :angry:

#15 Guest_James Toney_*

Guest_James Toney_*

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

cant trust people like this at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users