7 replies to this topic

#1 lulus

lulus

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

What do you guys think about Platinum Point. There is nice penthouses for sale at 150k cheaper than Quartermile.

#2 TTD

TTD

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

What do you guys think about Platinum Point. There is nice penthouses for sale at 150k cheaper than Quartermile.

Great, but what do you actually want?

I asked on your other thread if you really NEEDED to live in a new-build apartment, for if you look only a short distance outside the city, you can get your own detached house with driveway and garage for similar money to the Quartermile properties........ but your next move was to start a new thread here

What do you want? What do you need? Will you be, or are you, working in Edinburgh? Are you working near Waverley, so could have an easy rail commute, or is your place of work on a bus route? etc etc

Give us some clues

#3 lulus

lulus

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

Thank you. Yes mainly I'm looking for a new build flat with underground parking. I prefer in the city center but wouldn't mind areas like Platinun Point.

#4 dances with sheeple

dances with sheeple

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Thank you. Yes mainly I'm looking for a new build flat with underground parking. I prefer in the city center but wouldn't mind areas like Platinun Point.

Platinum point is right next to real deprivation, and social housing being in there is becoming the norm? I know of one very large disabilities org. that is moving to having respite flats there, disabled people not junkies/drinkers, but probably not the neighbours the first thickos who bought in Platinum point thought they would have? (although a walk beyond their underground garage at night might have clued them in a bit :lol: )

Edited by dances with sheeple, 10 February 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#5 lulus

lulus

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

Thanks for the info. i didn't know about it.

#6 Hugh

Hugh

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

Platinum point is right next to real deprivation, and social housing being in there is becoming the norm? I know of one very large disabilities org. that is moving to having respite flats there, disabled people not junkies/drinkers, but probably not the neighbours the first thickos who bought in Platinum point thought they would have? (although a walk beyond their underground garage at night might have clued them in a bit :lol: )

What utter rubbish. Where did you get your info from?

1. Social housing there becoming the norm? No it is not. The majority of flats are occupied with a mixture of retired people or younger couples and families. Fairly typical to be honest. There are certainly no 'anti-social' problems at this development. In fact it is extremely quiet and peaceful other than the wind!

2. A "very large disabilities org moving there"? Really. Where exactly as most of the flats are now occupied. Even so, what is wrong with disabled people? What issues would you have living next to a disabled person? Well at least they are not junkies as you so delicately put it or heaven forbid, drinkers! What, drinkers in Scotland? This is an outrage!

Well I am one of the those 'thickos' who bought in Platinum Point. I unfortunately did not have the foresight you obviously posses to predict the credit crunch and subsequent seizure of the housing market. On hindsight, yes they were over priced, of course but hindsight is a wonderful thing. You seem to delight that some people have lost a considerable amount of money? Is that funny? Do you find other peoples misfortunes funny?

For what it's worth, I really enjoy living here. I have an amazing view over the Forth. The quality of the finish in the flats is the best I have seen in Edinburgh. I have lived in 'luxury' flats in Hong Kong and London and the quality of the finish is as good as the best I have seen there. In the 6 years I have lived here, I have had absolutely no problems with any of my neighbours.

If anyone wants an accurate picture of what this development is like, you can PM me and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

#7 dances with sheeple

dances with sheeple

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

What utter rubbish. Where did you get your info from?

1. Social housing there becoming the norm? No it is not. The majority of flats are occupied with a mixture of retired people or younger couples and families. Fairly typical to be honest. There are certainly no 'anti-social' problems at this development. In fact it is extremely quiet and peaceful other than the wind!

2. A "very large disabilities org moving there"? Really. Where exactly as most of the flats are now occupied. Even so, what is wrong with disabled people? What issues would you have living next to a disabled person? Well at least they are not junkies as you so delicately put it or heaven forbid, drinkers! What, drinkers in Scotland? This is an outrage!

Well I am one of the those 'thickos' who bought in Platinum Point. I unfortunately did not have the foresight you obviously posses to predict the credit crunch and subsequent seizure of the housing market. On hindsight, yes they were over priced, of course but hindsight is a wonderful thing. You seem to delight that some people have lost a considerable amount of money? Is that funny? Do you find other peoples misfortunes funny?

For what it's worth, I really enjoy living here. I have an amazing view over the Forth. The quality of the finish in the flats is the best I have seen in Edinburgh. I have lived in 'luxury' flats in Hong Kong and London and the quality of the finish is as good as the best I have seen there. In the 6 years I have lived here, I have had absolutely no problems with any of my neighbours.

If anyone wants an accurate picture of what this development is like, you can PM me and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Well you can`t be the developer, because they went bust? so I assume you are genuine.

1. Are you saying there are NO HA/Social housing tenants in there already, anywhere in the development ? That is different to what I`ve been hearing over the last couple of years.

2.The disabilities org. were/are buying one or two flats to replace a closed unit elsewhere, not taking over the whole complex,but to me the fact they are doing that marks the shift from "Exclusive" to "Not so Exclusive" because these companies don`t have money to burn any more. I work with disabled people and would not want to live near some of them in say a tenement flat, because the loud vocal noises they make,and staff coming and going 24hrs, night staff using TV`s etc would quickly become very wearing. Nearly all disabled units/flats I have worked in over the years in close proximity to neighbours had complaints and long running battles about parking, noise at night, staff slamming doors, staff/service users dropping fag ends etc etc.

3. In the case of the housing market, any "misfortune" as you put it , affecting the maniacs who used borrowed money to bid run of the mill property into the stratosphere delights me, makes me feel things are getting back to normal. It was a ponzi scheme, a rigged game run for the benefit of the few with a complicit media and government. If you borrowed money from a bank to participate you should default now,because you were lied to. If you used your own cash, tough, but hopefully you have learned a valuable lesson about group-think and VI manipultion of the media , (which looks even more glaringly obvious with hindsight)

Take that to your next tenants meeting. DWS.

Edited by dances with sheeple, 17 February 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#8 guitarman001

guitarman001

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

+1, dances with sheeple.
Didn't need hindsight, just common sense and to break through the brainwashing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users