70 replies to this topic

#61 dervis

dervis

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

I personally know a lot of people who have done this.
My ex boss, a City man.
Two professional friends of mine.
Message? don't disrespect your missus! :lol:

#62 Freeholder

Freeholder

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

Beautifully summed up in The Telegraph

http://blogs.telegra...e-not-to-laugh/

I beat you to that link, but nice to know we have something else in common as well as riding the same bike.

#63 winkie

winkie

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,882 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

There is something about that man that doesn't ring true, someone not to be trusted.....when someone reaches a position of power and responsibility especially those that fail to maintain a good framework of powerful friends around them should see to it they hold no skeletons in the cupboard, because be sure as eggs are eggs the door will be pulled open for all to see. ;)
What you don't owe won't worry you.

Less can be more.

#64 The Ayatollah Buggeri

The Ayatollah Buggeri

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

So if you work on the till at Tesco and steal the takings in the course of your employment it doesn't count and the police won't be involved? Wow.

My comment was in response to someone else arguing that the offence was committed in his private life and thus irrelevant to whether or not he keeps his job. In response to that I pointed out that this wasn't entirely true: the alleged speeding offence was while he was travelling on work, and so most certainly should be relevant to whether or not he keeps his job.

One of my previous employers had a very clear rule to the effect that if you committed any road traffic offence while travelling on business, you were bringing the company into disrepute and would therefore be given a P45. This seems entirely reasonable to me, and should be applied to Huhne as well.

#65 R K

R K

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,045 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

£17,000 pay off for quitting his job to defend a criminal prosecution which carries a maximum life sentence.

Strange times..........

"The problem with capitalism is that eventually you end up with everyone else's money" RK
"We have now entered The Great Rebalancing 2007-20xx" - RK
"Gold will go to $1000, Silver to $18" - RK August 2011
QE £100bn and build 1m council homes - RK
Carney announces the launch of Empire 2.0 - Rise of the Banksters Oct '13

#66 Charlie The Tramp Returns

Charlie The Tramp Returns

EU Troll Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • About Me:Originally joined the Forum on 30 October 2003

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Be careful Guys this subject is now Sub Judice. <_<

At least Dave is glad he`s got rid of him out of the Cabinet. ;)
I have been studying the European Economic Community which became the European Community and finally becoming the European Union since the 1st January 1973. As each year passed the stench of corruption, financial recklessness, and Dictatorship has got totally out of control.

In an interview,( on holiday in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Davos ) the Liberal Democrat leader was asked whether he was in charge while the Prime Minister was away from Britain travelling in the Middle East. Sipping from a mug marked “Deputy Prime Minister,” he said: “Yeah, I suppose I am. I forgot about that.( Proves what a total berk he is )

Cameron must learn the basic rule in politics and life ( Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion ) and Miliband with no direct British Lineage should dig a hole and disappear down it.

Is Nicholarse Elcleggski ( 25% British ) insane? Who, in their right mind would willingly appease the French and Germans?

In our Country today THE TRUTH MUST NEVER BE SPOKEN, I will leave you all with your very bleak future as I will be gone.

The Lib/Dems who over the years have supported the demise of the moral and accepted standards we were all brought up to respect. The party who would lead us the way of the Ancient Greek and Roman Empires. We can Add David Cameron and Ed Miliband as Leaders of their parties who are heading for the buffers

#67 Thunderbird 900

Thunderbird 900

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

Freeholder excelent! What year,what model?

#68 Tankus

Tankus

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

perhaps the ex wife will plead guilty in return for a reduced sentence .......

heh

He said: "I am innocent of these charges and I intend to fight them in the courts and I am confident a jury will agree. So as to avoid any distratction to my official duties or my trial defence, I am standing down as Energy and Climate Change Secretary. I will of course continue to serve my constituents in Eastleigh. That is all I have to say."

Vicky Pryce, Mr Huhne's ex-wife, says in a statement: "As the CPS have decided to prosecute, it would not be appropriate to comment further at this stage. Obviously I hope for a quick resolution of the case. In the meantime, I will be taking a little time off over the next few days to be with my family."

not quite the same message is it ?

Edited by Tankus, 04 February 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#69 8 year itch

8 year itch

I am not an INTJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,308 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

I hadn't paid much attention to this before now. What options are there? Were they both in the car? In which case it is a he said, she said issue? But if she has some other evidence, why is he pleading innocence? Going to be interesting now, for sure.

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#70 Oh Well :(

Oh Well :(

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Prosecution to be dropped. reported inTelegraph.

#71 Goat

Goat

HPC livestock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Prosecution to be dropped. reported inTelegraph.

Can't see it, any chance of a link?
Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware - anon 1523AD

Told you - Young Goat December 2007AD

We are all waking up to the reality that our houses aren't worth what we thought they were. - David Willetts MP 15 March 2011.

Join today: British Goat Society

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users