#1 SleepyHead

SleepyHead

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

A call to action

The mainstream media continue to present biased views on housing, so why don't we setup our own YouTube channel?

This site is continually humming with video links, which could be more easily distributed via a Youtube Channel, but most importantly we could upload our own coverage of events too. Sod the corrupt media, lets do it ourselves!

• We could upload videos of relevant TV coverage. Politicians, EAs, "experts", economists, who either make sense, or need to be exposed for their nonsensical thinking.
  • If you've got a video capable phone, each of us could video empty newbuilds in our area, video any examples of "For Sale Board Forests" taking root for years in your area.
  • We can "favourite" or link to the multitude of videos already on youtube, allowing us to "pool" our information & knowledge.

Some questions for you lovely people:

• Can any HPCers advise on how to do this?
  • Can multiple HPCers upload videos independently to a YouTube channel, or does it all have to be by the person who set it up?
  • Does it need to be official from the HPC website people?
  • Could we agree on its name here first?
  • Do the site moderators need to be the ones who do it? Or can we do it ourselves?
Does anyone have suggestions or thoughts?

Edited by sleeping dog, 24 January 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#2 Wurzel Of Highbridge

Wurzel Of Highbridge

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts
  • About Me:What I find I keep.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Sounds like the best idea I have heard for a long time.
  • I don't believe that there can be sustainable asset inflation when there is underlying wage deflation.
  • No matter what you choose to do in life, choose to do what you are best at and be the best you can be.
  • Everyone is a vested interest and everything is rigged.
  • Sometimes bubble dynamics just end, people stop believing and what was once a virtuous cycle suddenly morphs into vicious one.
  • The real value goes beyond the money.

I have come to realize that there is widespread belief in a 2015 global recovery.At this point in June 2013 is clear that there will be no recovery in 2015, central bankers have run out of tools to patch over the structural problems and the can can no longer be kicked.As we approach 2015 it will be clear that the emperor has no clothes and there will be an economic crash that makes 2009 look trivial.Note: I was wrong on 2nd May 2012 12:00 - London Top called prediction of London will fall by >10% in 12 months.

#3 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Lots people own houses so don't want house prices to go down so wouldn't visit. If you widen the subject matter you might get them there then you can educate them.

What about something like

Debt is Slavery

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#4 tinker

tinker

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

Nice idea.

HPC finally got round to Twitter so a leap to YouTube makes sense. Though how you would organise and control it. It would need a good name and possible video categories. Many people have no idea of the damage being done by high house prices.

All the HPC musicians should maybe get together as a super group, and come up with a theme tune! :lol:

#5 SleepyHead

SleepyHead

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

a great idea i get sick of searching for vids of empty spanish/chinese theme parks. a one stop shop would be nice

Spot on. Posted Image

Also, if we want to spread the word It'll be so handy. I've spent years scrolling through this forum, reading & learning about the problem. But most people aren't as bothered. They just aren't going to do that. But videos really get the point across quickly.

#6 Nuggets Mahoney

Nuggets Mahoney

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts
  • About Me:Doesn't believe anything.
    Has many suspicions.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

a great idea i get sick of searching for vids of empty spanish/chinese theme parks. a one stop shop would be nice

:lol:

You could always automate the process with a series of saved searches

Irish Ghost Estates, requiem for a dream soundtrack etc
edit: typo

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that many are not genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

#7 Darkman

Darkman

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Well I'll chuck this into the hat. I did it ages ago. It is what it is.

#8 Nuggets Mahoney

Nuggets Mahoney

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts
  • About Me:Doesn't believe anything.
    Has many suspicions.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

too technical for me but thanks for the advice.will see how that works.

:)

searching for Valdeluz usually comes up trumps as well...

but, yes, a one-stop shop is a lovely idea

Edited by Charlton Peston, 24 January 2012 - 03:15 PM.

edit: typo

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that many are not genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

#9 cica

cica

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

If you're making a video it's perfectly fair to use any clip of news, commercial, or documentary footage under fair use.

Maybe use a thread to agree on a script and clips and have some people edit it?

#10 NEO72

NEO72

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

Here's a youtube vid from the oz version of the homebuyers' strike - maybe good for a few ideas?

Homebuyers' strike

Edited by NEO72, 24 January 2012 - 04:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users