18 replies to this topic

#16 TTD

TTD

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Venture just a short distance out of the city, and 400k gets you a 5-bedroom detached house with driveway and double garage.....

Is there a particular reason you HAVE to stay in the city, in a new-build apartment?

#17 sofargone

sofargone

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

I wonder who will pay 400K for a 2 bed flat, in a lovely area, but full of council flats in a few years to come?.

Shared ownership is different to council flats
Housing associations are not council flats and

even if it were ....so what??

What this city needs is to get a grip of herself and accept that we all live side by side, cheek by jowl and there is no place in a modern city for inverse prejudice masked by house price snobbiness. When we moved here we were told to stay as far away as possible from Oxgangs. Pffff......what - there are no people with issues in expensive houses?

It's long been recognised that a mix of tenure offers cities the best balance in their housing stock and contributes to healthy social relationships!
Edinburgh, on the other hand, prefers to separate and partition and worse still, make judgments and look down her nose at those with less money.......

Rant over.

#18 dances with sheeple

dances with sheeple

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

Shared ownership is different to council flats
Housing associations are not council flats and

even if it were ....so what??

What this city needs is to get a grip of herself and accept that we all live side by side, cheek by jowl and there is no place in a modern city for inverse prejudice masked by house price snobbiness. When we moved here we were told to stay as far away as possible from Oxgangs. Pffff......what - there are no people with issues in expensive houses?

It's long been recognised that a mix of tenure offers cities the best balance in their housing stock and contributes to healthy social relationships!
Edinburgh, on the other hand, prefers to separate and partition and worse still, make judgments and look down her nose at those with less money.......

Rant over.

In the case of Edinburgh it`s those with less credit :lol: , the average tosser driving around in a flash car is just a debt monkey, there is real wealth in Edinburgh, but it is a much smaller section of people than many imagine IMO. The majority are more about debt/HPI funded swagger than actual real swag in the bank. The days of the 400k flat. just because it`s in the city, will soon be behind us, the mad decade is well over, welcome to a new harsher reality. So many mugs must be waking up to the horrible property decisions they have made?

Edited by dances with sheeple, 25 February 2012 - 12:37 AM.

#19 Alba

Alba

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

I went to look at this area of the Quartermile and the situation of this property http://www.espc.com/...&sid=2862472670

It seems quite claustrophobic and the old style properties are dwarfed by the hi rise blocks. Most of them are unoccupied and the ones under offer are for restaurants.

As I approached the block where the above property is for sale, a student with all his folders in hand exited the building. I would not want to pay 395,000 to be living among students!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users