3 replies to this topic

#1 exiledbelfastblue

exiledbelfastblue

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hi Guys, Long time reader and only one previous post here, i am looking at putting an offer in on a house in the Lyndhurst area of Belfast, the house is about 7 years old and is a decent size and requires very little work, the thing is iam not familiar with the area as i have been living in the east of the city, my partner and i are both from northern england however i have a daughter form a previous relationship who stays with us a couple of nights a week, she is recieving a catholic eductaion and i heve been told thios may cause me issues in the area, Any advice appreciated.....Cheers

#2 shifty_FTB

shifty_FTB

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hi Guys, Long time reader and only one previous post here, i am looking at putting an offer in on a house in the Lyndhurst area of Belfast, the house is about 7 years old and is a decent size and requires very little work, the thing is iam not familiar with the area as i have been living in the east of the city, my partner and i are both from northern england however i have a daughter form a previous relationship who stays with us a couple of nights a week, she is recieving a catholic eductaion and i heve been told thios may cause me issues in the area, Any advice appreciated.....Cheers

you could easily get one of those recent builds (under 10 years old) in the Lyndhurst area in north Belfast for under 100k. A lot of the ones for sale look as if they require little or no work at all, so ask yourself why are they that cheap compared to similiar houses in East Belfast.

does your daughter igo to high school? if she does she might get abuse travelling to and from school in public transport from north Belfast wearing a catholic school uniform.

i personally would stay away from Lyndhurst, try looking at the four winds or breda, even north Finaghy. Parts of Dunmurray are good and well priced

#3 mmca22gr

mmca22gr

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

you could easily get one of those recent builds (under 10 years old) in the Lyndhurst area in north Belfast for under 100k. A lot of the ones for sale look as if they require little or no work at all, so ask yourself why are they that cheap compared to similiar houses in East Belfast.

does your daughter igo to high school? if she does she might get abuse travelling to and from school in public transport from north Belfast wearing a catholic school uniform.

i personally would stay away from Lyndhurst, try looking at the four winds or breda, even north Finaghy. Parts of Dunmurray are good and well priced

I would agree with above.
Depends which school she goes to though...
Parts of North Belfast are cheaper for a reason. even if you live in a big house up the Antrim Road you still have to go down past Tigers Bay or New Lodge. fine 99% of the time but we all know what could happen. Its like that in most parts of the city - less so for south Belfast.
I always go with "worst house in best area" philosophy!

#4 _SUNDANCE

_SUNDANCE

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Affraid i cant offer you any advice but i wish you well. Hopefully in the years to come the issue that you highlighted will be no more.

I would prefer not to say what religion i am but i do live in a town which is exclusively one religion which i think is a very unhealthy thing.

In the larger towns close to me the religous split is fairly even. There are some mixed developments but the occupants of these are what would be described as middle class and above. Even in my area i would not like to be an "outsider" living in some areas. Not a reflection of most peoples attitude - just some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users