10 replies to this topic

#1 8 year itch

8 year itch

My member's title is Rodney.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,952 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

I've got a busy period coming up and I'll have far less time to waste on here. I tried cutting down in November and I was doing pretty well. Pretty well until a load of houses I was watching all sold at the same time. I paniced and, for my sins, ended up running straight back here. Could have been worse, could have bought a house I suppose.

Anyway, I know there are others who've expressed similar sentiments to cutting down time on here so I though I'd start a thread just so that I can keep one link to the forum and don't have to cut it off like a gangrenous limb. Others are free to do what they like with it, keep in touch, ask for help, offer assistance or just take the piss.

I hope I'm not the only one feeling like this.

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#2 libspero

libspero

Frijolero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,113 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

If you are serious the mods would probably be happy to ban you for a few months to help you focus on other things.

I mean that earnestly too.. :)

And I tell you we have learned from past mistakes.
Just as you cannot spend your way out of recession, you cannot, in a global economy, simply spend your way through recovery either.

(Gordon Brown, Labour Party Annual Conference, 29 September 1997)

So, housing affordability is better than it has ever been, but no-one can take advantage of this because they can't afford the houses. I see.
cybernoid - 7th August 2010

Gambling promises the poor what property promises the rich - something for nothing
George Bernard Shaw

#3 bendy

bendy

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts
  • About Me:You nosy bastards!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

If you are serious the mods would probably be happy to ban you for a few months to help you focus on other things.

I mean that earnestly too.. :)

he'd probably get another email and rereg.

#4 8 year itch

8 year itch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,952 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

For instance, my wife now goes largely un-spoken to, my 3 year old son is often left to put himself to bed and I've let some customers go, just to free up the time I need.

Oh, ya, doing that already but waiting for a new born and I think it'll be a couple of weeks before he can change his own nappy.

he'd probably get another email and rereg.

Exactly. Going into a big huff, telling everyone you're going and asking the mods to ban you is a bit drama queen. Especially when it would be hard to stop anyone really determined from reading and signing up again to the forum.

Anyway this thread isn't supposed to be about me.

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

#5 bendy

bendy

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts
  • About Me:You nosy bastards!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

I know how you feel. I have been known to idle away many hours a day on here. I thought I could stop but I just can't. In the end, once I'd realised this, I simply accepted it and made more time in the day for it by removing other time consuming aspects of my life. For instance, my wife now goes largely un-spoken to, my 3 year old son is often left to put himself to bed and I've let some customers go, just to free up the time I need.

is that sarcasm or not - almost 10k posts in less than 2 years i'm not sure :unsure:

see i used the unsure smiley as i'm not sure. :unsure:

#6 JustYield

JustYield

Ladder denier.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

Of course it's a massive time waster - that's rather the point, isn't it? :unsure:

I recently took a year off from this place - nobody noticed! Perhaps they thought I was hanging out in Anecdotals. It's humbering and sobling actually to realise how little we matter, we are but bit parts in other people's dramas, there merely to provide reactions.

(Btw, tbf's post count includes those before the mass cull and he was reincarnated on appeal with a new join date and his original postcount, as I recall.)

Edited by JustYield, 03 January 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#7 Solitaire

Solitaire

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

Good point. And one id like to address. In the previous hpc off topic cull, when some posters left to start their other site, I got wrongly caught up in the heat. Subsequently, I got banned and had my membership revoked. Everything was then reset after I was absolved but my joining date wasn't. It was mid 07.

Im not quite that sad to be on here that much!

Heh I thought you'd been here as long as I have. I've got a very low post rate though for the amount of time I've spent here but it was more a case of reading and learning for me. Have to say though the house price crash scenario is getting a bit boring for me now (not the people just the subject matter) so I'll be moving on when I find another issue that grabs my interest.

Have gone back to my internet roots lately and have been giving them a hand with research again but apart from headline grabbers I got bored with that too which is why I ended up here. Trouble is I can't think what would be big enough to spark my interest and keep me engaged enough to justify the amount of time I spend on the computer. Maybe I'm just getting bored with the internet overall. :(

Edited by Solitaire, 04 January 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#8 8 year itch

8 year itch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,952 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

What a bunch of...

cheers mods :rolleyes:

There is no ladder.

JY

#9 8 year itch

8 year itch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,952 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

Of course it's a massive time waster - that's rather the point, isn't it? :unsure:

I recently took a year off from this place - nobody noticed! Perhaps they thought I was hanging out in Anecdotals. It's humbering and sobling actually to realise how little we matter, we are but bit parts in other people's dramas, there merely to provide reactions.

(Btw, tbf's post count includes those before the mass cull and he was reincarnated on appeal with a new join date and his original postcount, as I recall.)

I don't really have the time to waste and btw, I did notice and it is merely coincidence that I removed a quote of your from my sig at the same time you returned

There is no ladder.

JY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users