274 replies to this topic

#16 Executive Sadman

Executive Sadman

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,031 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

Things didnt end well for JFK, Robin Cook, Jorg Haider or Pym Fortyn, and very nearly didnt end well for Farage. Doesnt matter if youre on the left or right. The establishment does not like dissent.

He will lose or he will die. That is what history has shown. Every. Single. Time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#17 wellandpower

wellandpower

HPC Senior Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Compared to Mitt Romney with a net worth of $202 million, he's working class.

Quite. An american politition with such a small amount of wealth just hasn't been trying hard enough.........!
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
"Never give a sucker an even break".
Charlie - For a Living I export Diesel Generators. We manufacture all our diesel generators in the UK.
Perkins and Volvo Generators
Perkins Diesel Generators,Volvo Diesel Generators, Generator Spares, Perkins Spares,Generator Support Forums

#18 wellandpower

wellandpower

HPC Senior Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Things didnt end well for JFK, Robin Cook, Jorg Haider or Pym Fortyn, and very nearly didnt end well for Farage. Doesnt matter if youre on the left or right. The establishment does not like dissent.

He will lose or he will die. That is what history has shown. Every. Single. Time.

+1.

At his age, not even any need for a bullet.
Just strap him in a room with a young lady and his heart will probably go pop.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
"Never give a sucker an even break".
Charlie - For a Living I export Diesel Generators. We manufacture all our diesel generators in the UK.
Perkins and Volvo Generators
Perkins Diesel Generators,Volvo Diesel Generators, Generator Spares, Perkins Spares,Generator Support Forums

#19 57percent

57percent

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'd love it if he won tonight. Just talks so much sense on so many things.

At least it would kick things up a bit.

I think the world is looking for something different. The mainstream press don't matter that much anymore.

#20 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,579 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

+1.

At his age, not even any need for a bullet.
Just strap him in a room with a young lady and his heart will probably go pop.

If being stuck in a room with Bruno didn't do it, I think he'd survive. :)

#21 koala_bear

koala_bear

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

Given that he wants an audit of the FED, the banks will finance any/every other candidate to beat him...

#22 pepactonius

pepactonius

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Obama should be completely vulnerable in view of his abysmal track record and the fact that many former supporters are deserting him but it seems that there's not a single Rep who stands a chance of winning.

Obama should be reelected, along as there's not a big economic disaster before the election.

This could be a blessing in disguise, as there's probably going to be a big economic/governmental collapse in the US sometime during his 2nd term (2013-2017), and the Democrats would get most of the blame for it.

With any luck, the Republicans can hold onto the House, to prevent state/local bailouts, federal assumption of public pensions, massive stimulus programs, confiscation of 401-K's, gold, and bank accounts, etc. It's usually bad when one party or the other has a monopoly of power in Washington DC. Better to have gridlock.

#23 Sour Mash

Sour Mash

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

And the last Republican president was a crusader who kept Wall St honest and didn't introduce the Patriot Act - probably the single biggest erosion of liberties for US citizens in history - was he? :lol:

Let's face it, Obama didn't have much to live up to. By not starting two foreign wars he was already off to a flying start.

Hmm.. I'm sure I didn't mention Bush in my post, let me just see.... (checks).

Nope, didn't say a thing about him. No idea why you therefore went off on one about W. I can only assume you are creating a strawman to avoid addressing the issues that I raised.

I am, for the record no fan of Bush but at least he had the excuse of being a clueless stooge whereas Obama knows exactly how duplicitous he is being.

Plus a change, plus c'est la mme chose

#24 MRMX9

MRMX9

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

Ron Paul may win tonight - he may even do well in New Hampshire and come second but he will bomb in the southern states of South Carolina and Florida. His views foreign affairs are simply seen as too anti Israel and pro Muslim.

The alterrnatives are scary though - Romney is a Wall Street man (you might as well elect the CEO of Goldman Sachs to the White House) but the surge now seems to be for Rick Santorum a truly scary catholic fundamentalist. I really fear for the world if he wins the White House.

#25 Paddles

Paddles

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

Ron Paul is a no-brainer choice for the 2012 Dead Pool. If he continues to do well in the polls he will either meet with an untimely "heart attack" or will get DSK'd. As he seems a fairly principled chap, I suspect the former will be the selection option.
"And thus the rule, supported by the experience of centuries; the speculative episode always ends, not with a whimper but with a bang."
J. K. Galbraith - A short history of financial euphoria

My blog from enemy territory

#26 Maggot_with_halitosis

Maggot_with_halitosis

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • About Me:I smell

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Ron Paul accused of "serious financial irregularities", advised to give up GOP bid
Nein, Herr Hollande Cameron Yellen! Ksst mein Arsch und verpissen!

#27 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,579 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Ron Paul accused of "serious financial irregularities", advised to give up GOP bid

He's never gonna give you up

Edited by thecrashingisles, 04 January 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#28 Reck B

Reck B

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

He's never gonna give you up

He's never gonna let you down, either.

Edited by Reck B, 04 January 2012 - 09:54 AM.

Help to Buy, as described by Albert Edwards of French bank Societe Generale;

"I believe it truly is a moronic policy that stands head and shoulders above most of the stupid economic policies I have seen implemented during my 30 years in this business."

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur.

#29 RufflesTheGuineaPig

RufflesTheGuineaPig

is fluffy

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,038 posts
  • About Me:I am Ruffles, the destroyer of worlds....

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

He's never gonna let you down, either.

He won't u-turn around either.
It's time to pay the piper. There is no magician who will magic away the debt. Someone is going to have to pay it. Bend over and prepare to make payment.

In this glorious nation of ours, if you work hard and keep your head down for 25 years then you too can aspire to own one-eighth of a one bedroom flat in Manchester.

My mum and day always tell me how important it is to save to buy a house. They should know, it took them nearly 6 months to save for theirs. As teenagers, they bought a 3 bed semi.

#30 bomberbrown

bomberbrown

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

He won't u-turn around either.

....or desert you.
In the 1950s Local Authorities built over 200,000 homes per year. In 2004 they built just 133.
Housing - Trends in tenure and cross tenure topics (general)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users