4 replies to this topic

#1 g k

g k

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

I'm in the process of biting a several-year-old bullet and finally buying.

Narrowed it down to a couple of flats, and I'm now wanting to check how many of the other flats in the buildings are rental properties, and how many are owner-occupiers.

Anyone know of an online resource that might furnish useful info?

Or indeed an offline one? Council department etc?

#2 wherebee

wherebee

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts
  • About Me:So I bought a house in Australia in June 2014. Expect a collapse in the western world within 12 months.

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

Narrowed it down to a couple of flats, and I'm now wanting to check how many of the other flats in the buildings are rental properties, and how many are owner-occupiers.

go and knock on a few doors. I did this when I was buying - gives you a great insight into the culkture of the place. pitbulls and fagsmoke can;t be found on any register...

There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.....

How the flipping 'eck did we get to 2014 without flying cars and laser guns?

#3 Muswell Hillbilly

Muswell Hillbilly

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

You can see whether there is a registered landlord for a property on the Scottish Landlord Registration site.

As for finding out whether any of those properties is an HMO (house in multiple occupation), I would guess that you would have to contact the city council and ask.

#4 g k

g k

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

You can see whether there is a registered landlord for a property on the Scottish Landlord Registration site.

Excellent - much appreciated.

#5 g k

g k

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

go and knock on a few doors. I did this when I was buying - gives you a great insight into the culkture of the place. pitbulls and fagsmoke can;t be found on any register...

Having just been watching Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes, I have a delightful image of you tottering round the doors in a fake set of grey whiskers and a battered bowler hat, pretending to be selling clothes pegs.

Sounds a decent idea though. What was you opening gambit when they answered the door?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users