#1 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,173 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:18 PM

Worth a shot - lol!

Even as I type some evil hedge funds and banks are sat in a global teleconference making the final preparations to kills the stock markets, sell off their stocks and profit from shorting on the last trading day before Christmas 2011.

Muahahahahaha!

Well, it is Christmas!
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#2 tinker

tinker

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

Don't tell me, all for...

threeeeee millllliiiiion dollars.

#3 nuts

nuts

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

Not a chance... it is the "last day of term". There will be v.low volume and it will be quiet.

#4 pandabear

pandabear

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

There's no logic to it, so if messes up a few traders christmas's then so be be it.

The have already messed up our futures (and our childrens, probably our grandchildren and so on), So why should we care?
"Even heroin doesn't have price elasticity like housing"

#5 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,173 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

Well, I thought I would throw it out there... In reality, it is a half day, most will not even turn up for work and... there is no one to sell to....

But I am working on my Hollywood screenplay... ;)
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#6 pandabear

pandabear

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:08 AM

Maybe it would be a much more entertaining finale if the people reponsible for the situation were actually punished, rather than offering knighthoods?
"Even heroin doesn't have price elasticity like housing"

#7 Hywel Dda

Hywel Dda

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

Wait until the end of the season of good will, when everyone reverts to type.
They have done their temporary Yuletide commercial trip experience which justifies being complete ***** for the rest of the year. - Zizek abridged
Human nature hey.
Ho Bloody Ho

#8 Pent Up

Pent Up

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

They'll be one hell of a Santa claus rally now

Edited by Pent Up, 23 December 2011 - 06:08 AM.

Remember that buying a house is a highly leveraged investment and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit. Buying a house may not be suitable for everyone, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

"The time to buy is when blood is running in the streets" Baron Nathan Rothschild

#9 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,173 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

They'll be one hell of a Santa claus rally now

Bad Santa!

#10 papag

papag

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

Not a chance the traders will be ramping as much as their rich arses will let them so the bonus pool is artificially inflated , its been a successful ploy every year but 1 out of the last 10, January may be a different ball game altogether,
Money printed is like money from Heaven for the Bankers, however it leads the rest of us to the gates of Hell.

#11 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,471 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

Well, I thought I would throw it out there... In reality, it is a half day, most will not even turn up for work and... there is no one to sell to....

But I am working on my Hollywood screenplay... ;)

Should have gone for 'Black Half Day'.

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#12 rantnrave

rantnrave

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

Italian bond yields nicely poised at 6.9%

#13 Snafu

Snafu

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

Shit won't kick off before Christmas, shuuuuurly?

Having said that, if I was a hedge/megatrader and wanted to to do a big deal then this time of year must be a good time. People in a false sense of security and then just make that...megatrade/spread rumour/do what they do...or something.

Maybe that's not how it works. Hmm.

#14 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,471 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

Unbelievable - you're right....

http://www.ft.com/cm...l#axzz1gFHM6J9q

Blacks fails to find buyer for whole company

Blacks Leisure shareholders are likely to lose all their investment in the heavily indebted outdoor clothing and equipment retailer after it failed to find a buyer for the whole company.

Edited by !EURO!, 23 December 2011 - 10:30 AM.

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#15 Snafu

Snafu

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

England has some funny store names. I was going to write a long story about it.

Blacks definitely tops the list of store names that bear no resemblance to what the heck it does (Boots being the biggest mindfeck of them all).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users