• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 soldintime

soldintime

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • About Me:* Overseas property investment with positive yields.
    * Precious Metals
    * High Yielding shares
    * Forex

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Was in Pattaya last week. I could not believe the amount of projects under construction or being sold off plan. Most of it targeted to Russians.

Studio's 25-30 sqm boxes being sold for 20-30K and lots of 1 bed to 2-bed units for higher prices. When will the bubble burst here?

#2 ozmunky

ozmunky

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

Was in Pattaya last week. I could not believe the amount of projects under construction or being sold off plan. Most of it targeted to Russians.

Studio's 25-30 sqm boxes being sold for 20-30K and lots of 1 bed to 2-bed units for higher prices. When will the bubble burst here?

Well, you only need 25-30 sqm to pick up a STD.

The real issue is doxycycline resistance to these guys and local doctors can only do so much.

Once the local ho's have figured them out, then its all over anyway.

The thais are using these clowns as a risk foil - pick up boxes cheaply built cheap in the fist place for an even cheaper sale price.

Take a look at German tourists in sandals and socks in the bars and you'll see why.

Russian pedos will be even more obvious.

#3 Peter Hun

Peter Hun

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Aside from that, buying in Thailand is a political risk. Anything could happen.

#4 trevor_1977

trevor_1977

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

Pattaya, what a place to go for a wholesome family holiday , especially soi 6 lol .have not been in a few years but the newish shopping mall near soi 9 is impressive ,looks like a;lot is to cater the Russians but also but hi so rich bangkokians .

#5 swissy_fit

swissy_fit

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

Was in Pattaya last week.

When is your doctor's appointment?
If you want to know what the next political move will be, ask yourself what will suit the banks, and behold, the answer will come to you.

The Credit Crunch :
The logical financial outcome is deflation. The logical political outcome is inflation. (Thanks to Injin 21st Sept 2008)

#6 soldintime

soldintime

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • About Me:* Overseas property investment with positive yields.
    * Precious Metals
    * High Yielding shares
    * Forex

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:48 AM

When is your doctor's appointment?

I was in Pattaya with family. Jomtien beach is quite OK for families. I was there also when the thais have a long weekend. It was very busy with Thais and as it is only 2 hours from Bangkok it is understandable.

What surprised me was the scale of the developments out there. The russian market must be quite big. I have not seen this happen in spain yet on this scale.

#7 swissy_fit

swissy_fit

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

I was in Pattaya with family. Jomtien beach is quite OK for families. I was there also when the thais have a long weekend. It was very busy with Thais and as it is only 2 hours from Bangkok it is understandable.

What surprised me was the scale of the developments out there. The russian market must be quite big. I have not seen this happen in spain yet on this scale.

Russians are everywhere, including here in Geneva.
People successfully making money there are stashing it abroad, often with their families. Geneva has many Russian families consisting of a woman and 1-3 children with a mostly-absent father running his criminal enterprise business in Russia.
If you want to know what the next political move will be, ask yourself what will suit the banks, and behold, the answer will come to you.

The Credit Crunch :
The logical financial outcome is deflation. The logical political outcome is inflation. (Thanks to Injin 21st Sept 2008)

#8 fjcruiser

fjcruiser

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

Russians are everywhere, including here in Geneva.
People successfully making money there are stashing it abroad, often with their families. Geneva has many Russian families consisting of a woman and 1-3 children with a mostly-absent father running his criminal enterprise business in Russia.

This buying frenzy is just money laundering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users