3 replies to this topic

#1 benbfc

benbfc

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

Relatively close to where I live - busy cut through road towards princess parkway - near some schools and the park but not brilliant!

http://www.rightmove...y-30949777.html

310,000 for a 3 bed terraced house and on street parking and a glorified yard?

Highish local crime rate.

Glad I am renting!!! Some people are seriously deluded. Whats this a 100k house, maybe a 150k being kind?

Crazy....

Crashtastic times ahead!!

#2 efdemin

efdemin

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

It's in Chorlton dear, location location location!

Most other parts of Manchester you might be right but that's one of the most expensive suburbs.

You're not one of these southerners who's moved up with the BBC by any chance? Although it does seem a ridiculous price, it's not so far off what decent 3 bed terraces go for in Cambridge (you're looking at 250k ish for a 2 bedder).

#3 Nomadd

Nomadd

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

Relatively close to where I live - busy cut through road towards princess parkway - near some schools and the park but not brilliant!

http://www.rightmove...y-30949777.html

310,000 for a 3 bed terraced house and on street parking and a glorified yard?

Highish local crime rate.

Glad I am renting!!! Some people are seriously deluded. Whats this a 100k house, maybe a 150k being kind?

Crazy....

Crashtastic times ahead!!

I'd say more like 60k, TBH.

But then I'm not one of those "southerners who's moved up with the BBC", so I know what a sh**thole the place is. :)
Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home.

#4 efdemin

efdemin

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

I'd say more like 60k, TBH.

But then I'm not one of those "southerners who's moved up with the BBC", so I know what a sh**thole the place is. :)

Really? I thought Chorlton was up there with Didsbury for being overpriced? I make no comment on whether it's a shit hole or not - house prices seem to have been divorced from that particular criteria for a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users