23 replies to this topic

#16 Pent Up

Pent Up

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

RBS now 17.38p down over 5% today after a similar fall yesterday.

They were bailed out at 11p I wonder at what point we will bail out the remaining 17%?

Edit. I missed the RBS thread!

Edited by Pent Up, 23 November 2011 - 04:09 PM.

Remember that buying a house is a highly leveraged investment and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit. Buying a house may not be suitable for everyone, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

"The time to buy is when blood is running in the streets" Baron Nathan Rothschild

#17 goldbug9999

goldbug9999

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

So you have some of that £75Billion, well done.

The rest will go on bonuses then :lol:

Yeah its nice make a few quid at the expence of the city spivs - if only I could do it more often ...

.. instead of supporting productive industry by extending credit to increase tangible capital investment, the banking system has extended credit mainly (about 80 percent in the United States and most English-speaking countries) to buy real estate and load it down with debt. The result is that rental income is used to pay interest to the banks rather than to pay taxes. This forces governments to tax wages, profits and sales. That increases the cost of living and doing business, on top of the interest charge.

#18 acidreign

acidreign

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

From the running Telegraph blog:

15.43 The Daily Telegraph's city editor, Richard Fletcher, points out on Twitter that we're heading for the longest losing streak in eight years unless the FTSE 100 picks up this afternoon:

Twitter The FTSE 100 is currently down 1.1pc. If it closes down it will be the eighth consecutive day of losses - the longest losing streak Jan 2003

#19 _w_

_w_

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

Its like 283p or something, I'm sure it was trading around the 320-330p mark before the recent nonsense. Couple of months ago a few people I work with were saying sainsburys was cheap at 311p and they were buying lol.

They must have been the smart money. :)

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
–Frederic Bastiat

#20 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,360 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

Out of interest what does the local Indian charge? Was £7 close to what they charge and people thought sod it I'd rather have a proper take away?

The £7 would get you two of their curries and two rices - I think they have about 10 different curries to chose from and, of the supermarkets, they are about the best. Lots of singles used to buy them so when thy were 2 for £6 you got 2 meals out of that.

The local curry houses star about £7 for one curry and then about £2.50 for rice - that would feed a couple though.

I think that when the Sainsburys deal went to £7 they began to encroach on the local curry house prices which, for a few quid more, gets you a far superior real curry from the curry houses. But I think the extra £1 just put off loads of singles who used to buy the meals.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#21 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,413 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

http://www.telegraph...risis-live.html

17.08 A bit more detail on the FTSE 100 losing streak...

Its 1.29pc fall today marks the eighth consecutive drop, which has seen around £104 billion wiped off the UK's 100 most valuable companies. The last time a streak that long occurred was from January 15 to January 27 2003 (9 trading days) when the index lost 12.41pc.

Yeah for the recovery...
Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

Posted Image

#22 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,413 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

The £7 would get you two of their curries and two rices - I think they have about 10 different curries to chose from and, of the supermarkets, they are about the best. Lots of singles used to buy them so when thy were 2 for £6 you got 2 meals out of that.

The local curry houses star about £7 for one curry and then about £2.50 for rice - that would feed a couple though.

I think that when the Sainsburys deal went to £7 they began to encroach on the local curry house prices which, for a few quid more, gets you a far superior real curry from the curry houses. But I think the extra £1 just put off loads of singles who used to buy the meals.

For the singles it works out at 50p a meal more, things must be tight if they couldn't pass that increase on. Although if you where on the dole that price increase might have made a take out meal too expensive.
Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

Posted Image

#23 porca misèria

porca misèria

Porcine Aviation Enterprises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,850 posts
  • About Me:pig

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Where has the £75 million of QE gone.

It's all gone into house prices.