2 replies to this topic

#1 Garf

Garf

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

An American perspective from China - Patrick Chovanec is a professor at Tsinghua University's School of Economics and Management in Beijing, China.:

This weekend I was leafing through my copy of The Ministry, a 1997 book by Peter Hartcher about Japan’s Ministry of Finance and the role it played in the 1980s bubble and its “lost decade” aftermath, and was struck by several passages that called to mind what has been happening more recently in China’s economy. My intention here isn’t to offer a rock-solid case that China is following precisely in Japan’s footsteps — for those who are interested, here are two good articles on that question, pro and con. Nevertheless, these descriptions of what went wrong in Japan gave me a disturbing sense of déjà vu

chovanec.wordpress.com/2011/11/06/deja-vu-all-over-again/

#2 plummet expert

plummet expert

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

An American perspective from China - Patrick Chovanec is a professor at Tsinghua University's School of Economics and Management in Beijing, China.:

chovanec.wordpress.com/2011/11/06/deja-vu-all-over-again/

Something I noticed foretold the possible future. Try this http://benstreetbook...14/hello-world/

#3 Snafu

Snafu

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

This is worth a bump :)

Excellent read. When will the developing countries (or whatever you want to call them) - pop? When will the demand decrease?

India, China, Pakistan, Africa and so forth. This is where a lot of companies are expecting growth. Maybe all will be well. Or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users