#1 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,416 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

Hi,

I opened an Egg savings account in July 2010 with one of those bonus rates for 12 months. Put a chunk of my house buying fund in there and left it.

Just logged on today to see how much interest I have and to get my tax statement of interest paid, how much tax paid and.... nothing. The account is not showing a single penny in interest and 0.00 in the tax statement.

I have seen people post about problems with Egg in the past and it looks now as if I am in the same mess.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

TMT.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#2 Lennon

Lennon

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Hi,

I opened an Egg savings account in July 2010 with one of those bonus rates for 12 months. Put a chunk of my house buying fund in there and left it.

Just logged on today to see how much interest I have and to get my tax statement of interest paid, how much tax paid and.... nothing. The account is not showing a single penny in interest and 0.00 in the tax statement.

I have seen people post about problems with Egg in the past and it looks now as if I am in the same mess.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

TMT.

Presumably you've checked the account you funded it from - not had the interest paid there rather than into the account itself? (Doesn't explain the tax cert of course)

#3 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,732 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

Hi,

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

TMT.

That's not a....cracking....return, is it, more of a bad yolk.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere, 08 November 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#4 Little Professor

Little Professor

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

It's common for fixed-rate deals to pay little or no interest once the fixed-rate period expires..

Personally my Egg savings account is earning 1.25% (you can check your current rate once you log in to your account on the website, it's prominently displayed).

Edited by Little Professor, 08 November 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#5 james7

james7

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

Why don't you just call Egg and ask them to explain it?

#6 womanontheverge

womanontheverge

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

Why don't you just call Egg and ask them to explain it?

Unfortunately you really need to keep an eye on them and review savings accounts annually, especially when there's been a rate with a 1 year bonus. I've used Egg and ended up with it all over my face... It may be 3% then a half when the bonus has expired.

#7 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,416 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Yes, but this is a case of money deposited in July 2010 with a 12 month bonus rate.

Accessed it today and no interest on the account at all - none. Nothing.

I have used their internal email system and have asked what is going on.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#8 Bear Necessities

Bear Necessities

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

I had that, only to find that when I signed up for the original account I had asked for interest to be paid into my current account with another bank, rather than the egg savings account. So perhaps it is that? Or perhaps it is egg being d icks? (or should that be eggs benedict?)

#9 Orsino

Orsino

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

I've kept 150 in an Egg savings account for about 3 years (been with them for more than a decade). Before that I used to have a large sum on deposit but moved almost all of it when their rates stopped being competitive. I didn't want to close the account in case their rates improved again. I had a letter from Egg a couple of months ago basically telling me to take my business elsewhere. The reverse side of the letter was a form authorising the closure of my account and telling them where I'd like the 150 transferred to. Of course I was only too happy to oblige.

Edited by Orsino, 04 December 2011 - 10:44 PM.

They breathe profits; they eat the interest on money. If they don't get it, they die the way you die without air, without side-meat."
- John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users