76 replies to this topic

#1 MumblesisNuts

MumblesisNuts

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

I'm new to posting on this forum, but not new to reading and watching this forum with interest. I've recently returned to Mumbles where I lived for the best part of my adult life, to find this.......this.........absolute gem of a house, rather decently priced too !

If Carlsberg did Denial !

Last bought in 2006 for approx 343k, now at the highly reasonable price of 595k.

I think they may be in for a rude awakening and a loss that would make that well known tw*t Richard Desmond squirm !

#2 niceathome

niceathome

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

This is the one that I posted about earlier on the Swansea thread.

Good one isn't it?

I honestly thought it was a typo when I saw his last week, 395 not 595K, the house next door has just sold and it will be interesting to see the price paid fron land reg in a few weeks.

#3 mumblesmental

mumblesmental

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

to be fair they have done a nice renovation job - the price is still at least over 150k too much - the problem is that there are idiots out there who will offer close to the asking price! who these people are i really dont know

#4 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,019 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

I am shocked that you think 395K would be OK for it!!! :blink:
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#5 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,019 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

For that money I would want a large sun room the width of the rear of the house and not a small conservatory.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#6 MumblesisNuts

MumblesisNuts

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

I am shocked that you think 395K would be OK for it!!! :blink:

agree, agree strongly......395 is nuts for that place !

#7 bewildered_renter

bewildered_renter

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Looks like they spent so much they didn't even have enough left over for a TV stand.

Still, at least they didn't mount it on the wall.

#8 mumblesmental

mumblesmental

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

ok maybe i am going soft! but it is a nice quiet road, nice garden with some views and well fitted (so far as you can tell from the pics) so does "tick the boxes".I think about 380-400 is fair.

#9 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,019 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

ok maybe i am going soft! but it is a nice quiet road, nice garden with some views and well fitted (so far as you can tell from the pics) so does "tick the boxes".I think about 380-400 is fair.

IMPO your HPC handle is spot on :P

300K I would give for that modernised. Sorry, not a penny more.

#10 Swansea Estate Agent

Swansea Estate Agent

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

That is about the price that you should expect the property to be advertised for.

Less the 20% below asking price that should be offered is round about the house value 300,000 - 320,000 ;)

#11 mumblesmental

mumblesmental

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

ps who is Richard Desmond?

#12 juvenal

juvenal

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,553 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

ps who is Richard Desmond?

Owner of The Express and Channel 5, and an around 900m fortune, much of which is in property. One time adult mag and channels owner. Major player.

That Richard Desmond?

http://en.wikipedia....Richard_Desmond
'And while I live, no fool or noble knave
Shall walk this world, in credit, to his grave..'

'The pension system has been a very nice gravy train for all of those involved except for those paying into it.'

'Let's see if we can get it for the asking price..' Kirstie Allsop

"Be under no illusion. You will not escape the net..." S'rAlan Sugar

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls...

The House of Lords: 'The Ermine Vermin....'

#13 mumblesmental

mumblesmental

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

if they bought for 343k and spent maybe 100k they have got to get 450-500k to break even, hence i assume the pasking price.I am sure they will be happy to get away evens from this one.A classic case of paying too much for your development project.

#14 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,019 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

if they bought for 343k and spent maybe 100k they have got to get 450-500k to break even, hence i assume the pasking price.I am sure they will be happy to get away evens from this one.A classic case of paying too much for your development project.

Don't forget, 2006 was in the middle of Swansea West asking prices going nuts so shouldn't that 343K paid price be taken with a bit pinch of buyer beware?

#15 mumblesmental

mumblesmental

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

thats my point.Presumably they paid 343k for a run down bungalow and thought they could not loose! bad timing and even worse pricing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users