House Price Crash forum: Why Has The Website Been Down Most Of The Weekend ? - House Price Crash forum

powered by
  • (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why Has The Website Been Down Most Of The Weekend ? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   FaFa! 

• だいてほしいな
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

Are we back?
Check me out on Youtube -
お願いファーファね!

#17 User is offline   Gone baby gone 

• So long, it's been a blast
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

View PostZanu Bob, on 31 October 2011 - 12:20 AM, said:

interesting fubra's based in aldershot.

They entered into a JV with Blackberry last week...

#18 User is online   thecrashingisles 

• I live on HPC!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

Maybe they are VIclusters?

#19 User is offline   eric pebble 

• I live on HPC!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

LIAR CLUSTERS? :blink:
What the media today are still not telling us in full - for some reason the lid is being kept on the whole story:
HERE IN THE UK: THE UK SUB-PRIME CATASTROPHE - IT IS NOT ONLY IN AMERICA!! THE UK LIAR LOAN INDUSTRY - Source of FICTITIOUS "MONEY", and the principle driver of the House "Price" Pyramid/Ponzi Scam & Bubble, the "Credit Crunch" - and an unacknowledged major part of and cause of the ensuing Worldwide Financial Crash.
---------------------
The following was reported in a superb documentary in late 2003 - This is now over 10 years ago!! Since then shamefully little has been done here in the UK by journalists/broadcasters to dig down deep on this story - a vast elephant in the room: Why? If you're a serious journalist - here's your story - start investigating - it is the biggest financial scandal of all time:

THE ARTICLES BELOW ARE FROM AS FAR BACK AS 2003!!

Mortgage customers 'urged to lie' - All this was way back in 2003 by the way!!
Housebuyers are being encouraged to break the law in order to obtain huge mortgages, the BBC has discovered. Brokers, and even banking staff, have been telling buyers to lie about their incomes to get bigger and bigger loans. And these underhand tactics could also be the reason why house prices have gone on rising for so long.
CLICK HERE - http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/3222053.stm

"Could you believe that a bank would invite customers to defraud it? It may sound incredible, but that is what some of Britain's biggest mortgage lenders have in effect been doing."
CLICK HERE - http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/3478635.stm

The BBC Money Programme uncovers massive mortgage fraud [2003!]: BBC TWO's The Money Programme has revealed a huge mortgage fraud with brokers from some of Britain's biggest estate agents and financial advice groups advising customers to break the law and lie about their incomes to get massively bigger mortgages. And it shows how the illicit cash raised by this method has been pouring into the housing market, boosting prices and leaving many people risking financial ruin.
CLICK HERE http://www.bbc.co.uk..._mortgage.shtml

AND READ THIS: - http://www.housepric...howtopic=152508
-----------------------------
WATCH THE VIDEO OF THE 2003/4 DOCUMENTARY HERE: - http://www.youtube.c...d&v=vT1UnGS91BY
Click on parts 2 & 3 as you go along watching this video.
------------------------------
AND WATCH THE LATEST VIDEO OF LIAR LOANS STILL IN ACTION HERE in 2008 - http://news.sky.com/.../20080641317257

#20 User is online   aSecureTenant 

• Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

You know I've tried cloud hosting (tried a few third party services) but found a good old fashioned single dedicated server still gives better uptimes, especially using services like K-Splice which will update the running operating system kernel without the need for reboots. They are just less technologically complex than having to mount remote file systems, storage arrays and so on. Then again I wouldn't claim any of my sites are half as busy as this one.

One feels for the Fubra Tech guys, not only will they have to give an account to management (which with any luck will be more technologically knowledgable than the guys I used to have to report to) but these things only seem to go wrong at the weekend. :rolleyes:

Not entirely sure what a Vcluster is, I assume it refers to a Virtual Cluster, perhaps booting Virtual Machines, using a Xen like Hypervisor over a remote (NFS) storage system. If you are non techie, that still won't mean anything! :lol:

What I don't quite understand is how the managed to loose a whole lot, including DNS which is very bad. They should still be able to resolve to something, even if its just a temporary static "Ooops!" page.

This post has been edited by John Steed: 31 October 2011 - 11:09 AM

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" - David Korten

"The real tragedy is not whether lib lab or con will win but that one of them will" - Sir Harold m

#21 User is offline   rantnrave 

• HPC Senior Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

View Postcouncil dweller, on 30 October 2011 - 08:10 PM, said:

It's okay she's in Japan for 3 weeks

With Fa Fai, that makes three of us on this site with Darling Wives from the Land of the Rising Sun. Given what's happened to house prices in Japan, are they the least likely to put darling hubby under pressure to jump in to the housing market?

#22 User is online   aSecureTenant 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

View Postthecrashingisles, on 31 October 2011 - 10:41 AM, said:

Maybe they are VIclusters?

Yup VClusterF*cks ! :rolleyes:
"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" - David Korten

"The real tragedy is not whether lib lab or con will win but that one of them will" - Sir Harold m

#23 User is online   ccc 

• I make myself sick
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

One of the main points for using virtual servers is to stop these things happening. :lol:
"****** you - you carwash ****"

March 2007 - Suzy Essman.

#24 User is online   aSecureTenant 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

View Postccc, on 31 October 2011 - 11:25 AM, said:

One of the main points for using virtual servers is to stop these things happening. :lol:

Virtual Servers won't stop that happening (unless you can migrate them, pretty damn quick). Cloud hosting should.

FubraNOC's postings suggest only a single box as the Network File Server.

#25 User is online   aSecureTenant 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

View PostDurch, on 31 October 2011 - 11:34 AM, said:

Posted Image

#26 User is online   ccc 

• I make myself sick
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

View PostJohn Steed, on 31 October 2011 - 11:29 AM, said:

Virtual Servers won't stop that happening (unless you can migrate them, pretty damn quick). Cloud hosting should.

FubraNOC's postings suggest only a single box as the Network File Server.

Ah I see. I am no techie so be gentle on me !! However I did work on a virtual server project so I have a little knowledge.

A virtual server set up with no back up virtual server to switch over to almost instantly sort of takes away a lot of the benefits of the system. You will still get more effiecient usage of the server - however you won't get any of the back up improvements that are a major part of selling this stuff.

I think - if my memory serves me correctly. :blink:
"****** you - you carwash ****"

March 2007 - Suzy Essman.

#27 User is offline   rantnrave 

• HPC Senior Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Bloo Loo 

• Ripened on the Diversity Vine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

View Postyellerkat, on 30 October 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

Going back down again:

fubranoc Sorry for the extended inconvenience this evening, but we are going to have to take the new NFS server back down to tune some settings. about a minute ago

penny pinching again...NFS clearly means...NOT FOR SALE......so you bought it cheap?
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#29 User is offline   Ked 

• HPC Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

FUBARnoc should be using a highly available storage server / SAN really, otherwise they have created a massive single point of failure for everything in their vcluster.

SAN backed "cloud" style services are very prone to this kind of failure.

#30 User is online   aSecureTenant 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

View Postccc, on 31 October 2011 - 11:40 AM, said:

Ah I see. I am no techie so be gentle on me !! However I did work on a virtual server project so I have a little knowledge.

A virtual server set up with no back up virtual server to switch over to almost instantly sort of takes away a lot of the benefits of the system. You will still get more effiecient usage of the server - however you won't get any of the back up improvements that are a major part of selling this stuff.

I think - if my memory serves me correctly. :blink:

Yes thats pretty much correct, however if all your virtual servers are hosted on one server, or more likely all the file systems for VS images are, then a hardware or in this case a software problem will take down everything.

Most "cloud" solutions will ensure th e network file storage is fully redundant.

I once worked for a web host who were taken over by another web host, who bragged about how good their 70k investment (I think) in an (unredundant) EMC storage solution was. Until it started locking up of course, and took the entire business down, including helpdesk. B)

This post has been edited by John Steed: 31 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

• (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users