Photo
- - - - -

Why Has The Website Been Down Most Of The Weekend ?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,069 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

Yes thats pretty much correct, however if all your virtual servers are hosted on one server, or more likely all the file systems for VS images are, then a hardware or in this case a software problem will take down everything.

Most "cloud" solutions will ensure th e network file storage is fully redundant.

I once worked for a web host who were taken over by another web host, who bragged about how good their £70k investment (I think) in an (unredundant) EMC storage solution was. Until it started locking up of course, and took the entire business down, including helpdesk. B)

for cloud, read mirror.
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#32 ccc

ccc

I make myself sick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,237 posts
  • About Me:German Girl avatar - http://www.nerve.com/files/archive/theremoteisland/2009/02/german-girl-10.jpg

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

Yes thats pretty much correct, however if all your virtual servers are hosted on one server, or more likely all the file systems for VS images are, then a hardware or in this case a software problem will take down everything.

Most "cloud" solutions will ensure th e network file storage is fully redundant.

I once worked for a web host who were taken over by another web host, who bragged about how good their £70k investment (I think) in an (unredundant) EMC storage solution was. Until it started locking up of course, and took the entire business down, including helpdesk. B)

This is all too techie for me !!
"****** you - you carwash ****"

March 2007 - Suzy Essman.

#33 Charlie The Tramp Returns

Charlie The Tramp Returns

EU Troll Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • About Me:Originally joined the Forum on 30 October 2003

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

Rumour has it that a group of angry Estate Agents stole the copper power cable to the HPC Bunker believing the copper was worth more as scrap than they could earn commission selling houses. :D
I have been studying the European Economic Community which became the European Community and finally becoming the European Union since the 1st January 1973. As each year passed the stench of corruption, financial recklessness, and Dictatorship has got totally out of control.

In an interview,( on holiday in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Davos ) the Liberal Democrat leader was asked whether he was in charge while the Prime Minister was away from Britain travelling in the Middle East. Sipping from a mug marked “Deputy Prime Minister,” he said: “Yeah, I suppose I am. I forgot about that.( Proves what a total berk he is )

Cameron must learn the basic rule in politics and life ( Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion ) and Miliband with no direct British Lineage should dig a hole and disappear down it.

Is Nicholarse Elcleggski ( 25% British ) insane? Who, in their right mind would willingly appease the French and Germans?

In our Country today THE TRUTH MUST NEVER BE SPOKEN, I will leave you all with your very bleak future as I will be gone.

The Lib/Dems who over the years have supported the demise of the moral and accepted standards we were all brought up to respect. The party who would lead us the way of the Ancient Greek and Roman Empires. We can Add David Cameron and Ed Miliband as Leaders of their parties who are heading for the buffers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users