#1 GTFO

GTFO

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

Hi

For the next few years I am doing as my name suggests.

I have my cash ISA's with Barclays but want to move them. I would like them to reside with a mutual, building society or something of that ilk. I guess ideally I would like to find one that is investing it in the productive economy but not lending against houses and certainly not liar loans.

So... From a HPC ethical perspective where is the best place to stick a cash ISA?

Any Ideas?

Many thanks

S

#2 efdemin

efdemin

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

NS&I? All of the building societies and banks lend out mortgages on houses to a greater or lesser degree so none of them are really 'clean' in a pro-hpc way.

Maybe put some of it (not all!) into a peer-to-peer lending place like Zopa (personal loans) or Funding Circle (small/medium business). It won't be tax free but arguably you're cutting out the middleman and investing/lending money where you know roughly what it will be used for.

#3 Self Employed Youth

Self Employed Youth

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Bumping this, because it deserves attention.
Have I not reason to lament what man has mas made of man?

Initially 'Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Formerly Unemployed Youth'
Then 'Unemployed Again Youth'
Hopefully soon to be 'Employed Again Youth' and not long after that I'll be eligible for working tax credits, if not I'll at least get adult rate dole and maybe car insurance will be potentially affordable!

#4 Parkwell

Parkwell

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Not had much attention though, has it.

You could consider Ecology BS. It's pretty upfront about their policies, and their mortgages would probably go to more self builds and improving existing housing stock than other banks. This tells you where the money goes. http://www.ecology.c...tgages/lending/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users